Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2016, 07:02   #10621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Some improvement expected on the Outer Ring Road per this news Source Hopefully, they will keep the ongoing maintenance of such work as a priority.

Typical for TOI newspapers, it is only heaven or hell, nothing in between
Old 17th January 2016, 19:15   #10622

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Seems like Star Wars is definitely in the air - saw a lot of references to "Sky Walker"s
Old 17th January 2016, 22:21   #10623
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Any update on the Madiwala Market Road? Seems like its taking forever.
I saw on some earlier thread that someone filed an RTI. Cant seem to figure why such a small stretch needs so much time.
I went thru that patch today. The right side (where veggie vendors sit) is closed and from the looks there is hardly any progress.
All had to use the left side and it was a nightmare. The leftmost lane (which buses use) is bit better so if possible stay in leftmost lane of the stretch.

RESTRICTIONS UPDATE @ AGARA / HSR 27th Main : The ORR (below flyover) is now blocked so vehicles cannot go towards Silkboard (coming from Iblur junction - example 500 series buses going towards BTM etc). You can only take right to go towards Jakkasandra/Koramangala.
If you want to go towards Silkboard while traveling below Agara flyover, take service lane. They have also made a new u-turn so I suspect they are going to stop allowing vehicles coming from 27th Main to take right onto ORR towards Sarjapur - instead they will ask vehicles to take left on service road of ORR (from 27th Main) and then take a u-turn under the flyover and then merge onto ORR to goto Ecospace/Sarjapur. Again this 27th Main restriction is my speculation only since they have not enforced it yet (and I hope it remains speculation only and not reality because it's going to be nightmare) but they have started to enforce right only towards Koramangala at the signal and have already put barricades so you cannot (1) proceed straight on ORR towards Silkboard from below (2) You cannot go towards Koramangala from service road - you can only continue straight towards Silk board from service road. I am sure these changes are not going to solve morning issues towards Ecospace at Agara junction.

Madiwala Market road update. GoK posted an update on their twitter today with some pictures so looks like work is progressing. I might have looked at stretch that is still not done and wrongly assumed not much has progressed. Here are the pictures from GoK's tweet.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-madiwala1.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-madiwala2.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-madiwala3.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-madiwala4.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 17th January 2016 at 23:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged; Formatted post
Old 18th January 2016, 07:27   #10624
Distinguished - BHPian

BTM, silk board, ecospace was already piling up traffic like anything at 7AM. Have a wonderful commute today
Old 18th January 2016, 11:38   #10625
Senior - BHPian

Does it continue to be bad now? Anyone who went past Silk board, bellandur? I am still at home trying to figure out if it makes sense to do the JP Nagar to Bagmane World Tech park now !. Mondays !. Huh .
Old 18th January 2016, 11:55   #10626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Does it continue to be bad now? Anyone who went past Silk board, bellandur? I am still at home trying to figure out if it makes sense to do the JP Nagar to Bagmane World Tech park now !. Mondays !. Huh .

Bellandur is ok. There is not much of a backlog. However maraathalli to bellandur route has some traffic backlog
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 12:25   #10627
BHPian

Two updates from my side ( if you can call them so )
1) The underpass in front of Whitefield Honda is in semi-open state now and people can try to push the cars to reach towards ITI side. Beware of non existent rod (actually a uneven mud surface with jelly) on the otherside till you reach BSNL office. Just saw a few Tempo traveler supermans trying to fly through that stretch with scant regards to the principle users of that stretch ( bikers). Although the quality of the underpass is really bad with definite water logging inevitable during rainy season. It will become a swimming pool for sure with a large change in elevation from the main road to the underpass surface.
2) For last two weeks the bus pick up point at the base of KR Puram Bridge (going towards Tirupati,Kolar) has been shifted to ITI gate service lane with big banners and hoopla of "First time in India, Thanks to so and so politician". I don't know how big is the effect in downstream at the base of the bridge at Tin factory but atleast BTP is trying something.
Old 18th January 2016, 12:38   #10628
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Madiwala Market road update. GoK posted an update on their twitter today with some pictures so looks like work is progressing.
While this is good news in terms of improved road conditions and done with very good intentions by the GoK, I fear the worst is ahead, given our past history on encroachments

This concreted stretch if not policed and enforced strictly to prevent encroachment, will become an extended vegetable market and the vendors will be like - so thoughtful of the GoK in providing them a concreted market

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th January 2016 at 11:55. Reason: As requested.
Old 18th January 2016, 13:08   #10629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Some improvement expected on the Outer Ring Road per this news Source Hopefully, they will keep the ongoing maintenance of such work as a priority.
Am I hopeful? hell no ! Reasons:
1) Silk board traffic bloat surfaced in 2006. Since then its been 8 years. Nothing is done so far, except to block few median openings. A plethora solutions were suggested but none went through the rough sketches.
2) A skywalk was being planned in front of ecospaces. Even after 3 years, absolutely so sign of any work being started.

There is no reason to believe the story.
Old 18th January 2016, 14:57   #10630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
2) A skywalk was being planned in front of ecospaces. Even after 3 years, absolutely so sign of any work being started.
Work on this skywalk has started. I could see people working on the foundation (inside Ecospace guest parking) last week.

The small tower with Ecospace's logo, which was located close to the tech park's exit gate earlier, has been moved to the other end of the guest parking lot to make way for skywalk. This change can be easily spotted from the road as well.
Old 18th January 2016, 15:08   #10631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Any update on the Madiwala Market Road? Seems like its taking forever.
I saw on some earlier thread that someone filed an RTI. Cant seem to figure why such a small stretch needs so much time.
I am still waiting for their reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post

Madiwala Market road update. GoK posted an update on their twitter today with some pictures so looks like work is progressing. I might have looked at stretch that is still not done and wrongly assumed not much has progressed. Here are the pictures from GoK's tweet.
Yes, the work is going on. At a snail's pace. As you can see from the pictures, they are working on HALF of one lane. They will give it a month to cure, then complete the other half of that lane. Then divert traffic there, start work on one half of the other lane (which we are currently using) and then complete the other half. Frustrating!
Old 18th January 2016, 15:16   #10632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I am still waiting for their reply.

Yes, the work is going on. At a snail's pace. As you can see from the pictures, they are working on HALF of one lane. They will give it a month to cure, then complete the other half of that lane. Then divert traffic there, start work on one half of the other lane (which we are currently using) and then complete the other half. Frustrating!
Is it really required to go for concrete road rather than laying a new tar road. I guess the latter is much cheaper.
Any idea as to why the KA govt chose the former??
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 15:22   #10633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I guess the latter is much cheaper.
10% of 1cr = 10L

10% of 10cr = 1cr

This is the reason Hope you got the drift. Burn more, earn more.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2016, 15:25   #10634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
10% of 1cr = 10L

10% of 10cr = 1cr

This is the reason Hope you got the drift. Burn more, earn more.
I guess the commuters will burn even more courtesy the tyres. I believe tyre wear is more on concrete surface compared to tar road. Still not clear as to why this stretch alone has been made concrete??
Old 18th January 2016, 15:27   #10635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Is it really required to go for concrete road rather than laying a new tar road. I guess the latter is much cheaper.
Yes, that is one of the questions I have raised. Not just the cost, I have read that concrete roads need to have a proper drainage system - for water run-off and moreover, they are also not great for the environment - not allowing rain water to seep into the ground....

I have another point too - once the lanes are completed - is there a regular garbage collection done there? Cause the vendors just keep dumping their old wares on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks