Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 08:14   #10696
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

A huge trailer carrying a windmill blade went in the wrong side on Hosur road and screwed up the traffic right in the early morning hours. Spent almost 20 minutes between BTM and silk board.
Old 28th January 2016, 10:00   #10697
Team-BHP Support

Today, did Richmond Circle to Sarjapur in 20 min - Secret -Ended up in front of a ministers convoy so traffic signals green all the way through. However, even the scholbuses in Koramangala do not stop for the mighty!
Old 28th January 2016, 10:11   #10698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Secret -Ended up in front of a ministers convoy so traffic signals green all the way through.
They let you drive in front of a minister's convoy? I've only seen minister convoys travelling with blaring horns shooing everyone from the front.

Once while driving in NH47, a TN minister's convoy got in front. They were driving at a sedate pace of 90 kmph and was not letting any vehicle overtake them. The moment someone tries to overtake, the trailing police jeep and ambulance would cut them off. Though irritating initially, it was fun watching people getting cut off, the convoy grew to around 20 car lengths by the time the minister decided to turn into some nearby town.

Last edited by john.gt : 28th January 2016 at 10:17.
Old 28th January 2016, 10:18   #10699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.gt View Post
They let you drive in front of a minister's convoy? I've only seen minister convoys travelling with blaring horns shooing everyone from the front. .
No, I was well ahead of them and heard the sirens. The cops at each junction were waving them through
Old 29th January 2016, 23:07   #10700
Senior - BHPian

Got this on Facebook today.

There cannot be a more accurate description of the harrowing experience Bangalore traffic provides!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-12650920_10153601416023122_892830779207992406_n.jpg
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 23:44   #10701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Got this on Facebook today.

There cannot be a more accurate description of the harrowing experience Bangalore traffic provides!

Attachment 1466318
I believe she started off on a two wheeler as a pillion
MSMILES is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 09:42   #10702
Distinguished - BHPian

With helmet or without? :-)

On a serious note, I see that the pillion rider helmet rule is certainly showing results and I can many pillion riders now wearing helmets at least in peak hours. However, the poor kids are still bare-headed and sitting/standing just as precariously.

Again in a lighter vein, I wonder what some of our pastoral traffic cops will now say to a black Pulsar with both riders helmeted? If I remember correctly, they were stopping such combinations in the evening saying that if the pillion rider is helmeted, then they MUST be chain-snatchers!

I maybe in a minority but I am very happy with both the sun-film and this helmet rule. The former makes it overall easier to drive (I can see through the car in front to get advance warning of sudden stoppages etc.) and the latter makes it safer for everyone concerned.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 10:14   #10703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
With helmet or without? :-)

On a serious note, I see that the pillion rider helmet rule is certainly showing results and I can many pillion riders now wearing helmets at least in peak hours. However, the poor kids are still bare-headed and sitting/standing just as precariously.

d.
Yes yes it is happening. Yesterday I didn't have car with me and had to take girlfriend out for lunch. Then I remembered about this rule since it was a long time since I had taken my dio out. So I told her she either had to get helmet for herself or come to the place directly. And she carried a helmet along
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 10:36   #10704
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week the cops had said there is about 70% adherence to the pillion rider helmet rule and I agree with this - saw lots of 2 wheelers with the pillion wearing a helmet. One thing I noticed is that the "cap" like helmets with "NXT" emblazoned at the back are becoming very common especially for pillion riders. I don't think these really qualify as helmets and obviously they do not have the ISI certification which means technically they can still be challaned.

And, there still are the regular moron riders with a devil-may-care attitude - no helmets and riding on wrong side of one way streets :dead horse

*In addition to the helmet I use, I now keep a helmet in the under seat storage area of the Aviator so that it can be used when I do school duty.

Last edited by NPV : 31st January 2016 at 10:41.
Old 31st January 2016, 14:40   #10705
Senior - BHPian

Private buses entry into city banned from Feb 1 to Feb 5. Does the govt think that investors are not aware o the prevailing chaotic traffic situation in Bangalore?

Hopefully this time investors start looking at alternative places to Bangalore. The govt hopefully will wake up then. !!!!!!

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...uses-city.html
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2016, 15:17   #10706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I don't think these really qualify as helmets and obviously they do not have the ISI certification which means technically they can still be challaned.
I see traffic cops charging 2-wheeler riders who do not wear helmets at the ORR-Sarjapur Road signal, almost every evening. Some of those pulled over are seen wearing the hard hats used in construction sites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
In addition to the helmet I use, I now keep a helmet in the under seat storage area of the Aviator so that it can be used when I do school duty.

There are many that can be seen with an extra helmet kept on the helmet lock or probably inside the under-seat compartment. It's good to see people complying to this rule, and even better if it's out of awareness rather than the fear of getting caught
Old 31st January 2016, 15:19   #10707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Private buses entry into city banned from Feb 1 to Feb 5. Does the govt think that investors are not aware o the prevailing chaotic traffic situation in Bangalore?

Hopefully this time investors start looking at alternative places to Bangalore. The govt hopefully will wake up then. !!!!!!

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...uses-city.html
Alternative places hopefully will not be outside India. A few years ago there was some noise and some companies were thinking in that direction.

People dont move out of Bengaluru and companies have no alternative ! For people who made a big cry about loss of productivity in billions, they are not charging a lesser cost to their customers. People are suffering mostly.
Old 31st January 2016, 15:31   #10708
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Government interest in protecting BMTC, Zipgo has again suspended services. Whereas other states have provided a red carpet welcome to services like Zipgo.

http://wap.business-standard.com/art...3000191_1.html

Last edited by sdp1975 : 31st January 2016 at 15:36.
Old 31st January 2016, 16:03   #10709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Thanks to Government interest in protecting BMTC, Zipgo has again suspended services. Whereas other states have provided a red carpet welcome to services like Zipgo.

http://wap.business-standard.com/art...3000191_1.html
The government cant think about any other thing then BAN. Threat to BMTC, ban them. Threat to traffic flow? Ban cars, implement odd even rule. Next they will ban the IT industry since that is the cause of traffic issues.

I would have loved to see the buses a few years back. However now we have new but run down buses with no hint of maintenance. One CM brought IT to bangalore, and another is going to chase it away from the city. Not sure if that is supposed to be good or bad.

This years investors meet will definitely show the change in preferences. However even if it is a negative trend, that wouldnt be showcased to the public I guess. Bangalore has had enough of tech parks and companies.
Old 1st February 2016, 13:09   #10710
BHPian

Last week, I took my TVS Jupiter to commute to my work. I totally regretted it!! With so many holes around Central Jail Road and Sarjapur road, my back started to scream immediately!! I wonder how people bare the pain and ride in 2 wheelers?? Or the suspension of my Jupiter is gone? Anyways have decided to not use it and mostly will be downgrading it to Scooty pep, so that my wife can use it atleast.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks