Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 14:27   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
u guys are complaining about bang traffic u should see hyderabad then
i was there around 2 years back and man i found bang traffic very civilized as compared to hyd traffic

its horrible in hyd too chaotic no rules at all
Ok... here's a headsup then. Today morning at around 9.45am three bikers collided on the incline of the pedamma temple circle (the left turn goes to yousufguda). The collision was so bad that the bikes were scattered on the road with lot of glass shards on the road. All of those involved were looking dazed and were not even able to stand up on their own. And a jam was begining to form. Can you imagine? Three bikers colliding with each other when all were going in the same direction! Thats hyderabad traffic for you.

You want it a little gory? At around 10.30am today a scooterist cam under the wheels of a truck near the Satyam Infocity gate in HiTech city area. He was mashed.

Yesterday morning opposite to the Varun Maruti showroom next to TDP office there was a huge jam as a guy was lying sprawled on the road (probably dead) and people were heatedly arguing with a Honda Civic wo number plates which had probably hit the guy.

Hyderabad has no traffic but only chaos on its roads.
Old 9th October 2007, 14:40   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Ok... here's a headsup then. Today morning at around 9.45am three bikers collided on the incline of the pedamma temple circle (the left turn goes to yousufguda). The collision was so bad that the bikes were scattered on the road with lot of glass shards on the road. All of those involved were looking dazed and were not even able to stand up on their own. And a jam was begining to form. Can you imagine? Three bikers colliding with each other when all were going in the same direction! Thats hyderabad traffic for you.

You want it a little gory? At around 10.30am today a scooterist cam under the wheels of a truck near the Satyam Infocity gate in HiTech city area. He was mashed.

Yesterday morning opposite to the Varun Maruti showroom next to TDP office there was a huge jam as a guy was lying sprawled on the road (probably dead) and people were heatedly arguing with a Honda Civic wo number plates which had probably hit the guy.

Hyderabad has no traffic but only chaos on its roads.
Yes have heard about Hyderabads traffic situation, but Bangalore is not very far. it will catch up soon.

On sunday a sumo missed me by inches, moron was driving at very hi speeds in a narrow road. lucky he had some control or else i would not be writting this now
Old 9th October 2007, 14:52   #108
Team-BHP Support

Having stayed in hyd for the last 3 years, when i used to visit Bangalore then, i felt traffic was a lot more civilized here. After moving to Bangalore, i realized why the casualaties in Bangalore were probably lesser than that in Hyd. The reason was simple.. in Bangalore, traffic hardly moves, or else moves at a snail's pace, which isnt exactly always the case in Hyderabad.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:23   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Having stayed in hyd for the last 3 years, when i used to visit Bangalore then, i felt traffic was a lot more civilized here. After moving to Bangalore, i realized why the casualaties in Bangalore were probably lesser than that in Hyd. The reason was simple.. in Bangalore, traffic hardly moves, or else moves at a snail's pace, which isnt exactly always the case in Hyderabad.
Actually traffic does not move here either. All that movement you see are the zip-zoom types who get on to the sidewalk and drive their vehicles on them or else a speeding vehicle on the opposite side of the road... that kinds. And they are the ones who cause those accidents as well. Here even the APSRTC buses drive half on the sidewalk (they can not get their whole vehicle on the sidewalk thats why) when there is a jam. The problem here is everyone here is in a perennial hurry and whenever there is a long queue because of a jam some nuts inevitably think that they are the smartest fellas and immediately go on the wrong side of the road. In the process they do not reach even half a km but block the road so badly that it becomes difficult to unravel the knot.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:29   #110
Team-BHP Support

Zappo, looks like we're all on the same boat.

I have always been complaining about people who come the wrong side of the road on the road in front of AVIVA on the road leading towards the EPIP junction, and thus block traffic from the other side. I was pleasantly happy to see two cops on their motorbikes waiting with their challan books flipped open, and fining those morons who dared to do the same today. It was amusing to see autos as well as private buses do U-turns right in the middle of the road, and try and get back on the right side.

If only they had done this earlier, the cops would have had some more money in their pockets by now, rather than hide under the shade of some tree smoking away to glory, while the daily grind conitnues for those who dont dare to come up the wrong side of the road.
Old 9th October 2007, 15:37   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
The problem here is everyone here is in a perennial hurry
This I guess is the root cause of all traffic jams in any city in India.
When I see ppl taking the wrong lane, I sometimes wonder, they are hurrying for what....to reach there home or hospital or up!!

Regards,
Old 9th October 2007, 15:57   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Zappo, looks like we're all on the same boat.

I have always been complaining about people who come the wrong side of the road on the road in front of AVIVA on the road leading towards the EPIP junction, and thus block traffic from the other side. I was pleasantly happy to see two cops on their motorbikes waiting with their challan books flipped open, and fining those morons who dared to do the same today. It was amusing to see autos as well as private buses do U-turns right in the middle of the road, and try and get back on the right side.

If only they had done this earlier, the cops would have had some more money in their pockets by now, rather than hide under the shade of some tree smoking away to glory, while the daily grind conitnues for those who dont dare to come up the wrong side of the road.
Benb

Today morning @6:15 am, I went for a ride on the road from Graphite to Vydehi, as I got up early and wanted to have a cool breeze. Onward journey was uneventful, cabbies rushing to drop employees in first shift, milk vans, delivers etc. But on the return journey, near the GINGER hotel turning I saw indica and two matadors in accident mode, morons were fighting in the morning complaining as to whose fault was it. Imagine at 6:15 in the morning also that road is not safe.

Added to that, something new I am seeing recently is the blockage of the marathalli bridge by vehicles which want to overtake from the wrong direction and block the onward vehicles. As of yesterday, going from ITPL to marathalli, I was a daewoo with DL reg completely blocking the path on the onward traffic. Driver thought since his car is small he can snip anywhere and worst was he was travelling with his family and kid. Imagine the embrassing situation.
\
Please be careful with the ITPL roads for heavens sake at any time of the day
Old 9th October 2007, 15:59   #113
Senior - BHPian

All the guys will be in hurry especfially in evening times where there will be traffic blockade every where. They come in all directions and will not stick to their lanes.

I experience this problem everyday. In KR Circle for those who are going straight to the c/park, it is very difficult to go as the buses (thinks they are owners of road) and they all come in extreme left side even though they have to tao righ turn to Nruptunga road. I had many times yelled at BMTC drivers & autos for this.

But as everybody is breaking traffic rules there is no sense you stick to it and drive as per the rules. Nice way is to be a part of them.

The traffic cops will do nothing just to stand and watch the people moving.
Old 9th October 2007, 16:50   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
The traffic cops will do nothing just to stand and watch the people moving.
That alone is my biggest rant on Bangalore traffic.
To make matters worse, they stop the normal functioning of the traffic lights and then decide to allow greater traffic flow from a particular direction leading to a huge pileup from the other directions.

Imagine this : yesterday it took me more time to cover the distance on the road which links the ORR to Marathalli junction (the elevated link/service road, less than half a km) than it took my wife's bus to cover the distance from Silk Board to ORR.
Old 9th October 2007, 17:37   #115
Senior - BHPian

One more headache is the autos when no passenger is in, they will drive slow and on middle of road even though there is no traffic in front of them. How much ever you horn, then will not leave place or go to left to allow us to overtake them.
Old 9th October 2007, 19:55   #116
Senior - BHPian

Those auto drivers think they own the road.Its amusing to see how they shout back at them,if you ask them to move to a side. Then starts the usual dishoom dishoom about gathering all the auto drivers in the area...and all the blah blah!

If there's anyway to fix the traffic in B'lore..we'd have to start with the cops.Train those guys better,and we'd have some hope.
Old 9th October 2007, 22:18   #117
Senior - BHPian

About cops the less said the better. They are the means of utter chaos on the roads. They will switch off the signals and start their act manually which will add to more chaos. Today while returning home, I had the same experience with the police switching off the traffic signals, and manuvaring the traffic. There was a huge pile up on all the 4 sides of the road (near majestic). You can imagine the traffic at 6.30 p.m near mysore bank. These guys think they are better than the automated signals and start their acts. Howmuch ever we train them it will be of no use . They will start their own system while on roads. Moreover, the motorists in our city will not listen to them and they will go their own way.
Old 11th October 2007, 10:50   #118
Team-BHP Support

Some pics of the traffic scene here in Bangalore.

Check out the cow crossing the road unmindful of all the traffic around it, including other cows on 2 legs who also cross the road when the signal is green for traffic flow.

Pic 2 : Again, Marathalli junction

Observe how pedestrians block the entire junction, just waiting to cross. Somewhere in between this melee is a traffic policeman who is equally confused. Notice the signal is green for traffic to flow. Where are the roads, tell me?

Pic 3 : On the road leading towards EPIP junction

While the rest of the populace waits in line for traffic to move, the autos take the wrong side of the road, and then barge in to traffic from a division in the median.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:02   #119
Senior - BHPian

Our city's traffic handlers have gone brain dead since today morning.

Wonder who came up with the noble idea of converting the stretch from Garuda Mall to Lifestyle two way.

The icing on the cake is " KEEP RIGHT" .. yeah you gotta drive on the right side the whole stretch. Guess the rich men shouldnt have trouble importing LHD cars now.
Old 11th October 2007, 14:26   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Our city's traffic handlers have gone brain dead since today morning.

Wonder who came up with the noble idea of converting the stretch from Garuda Mall to Lifestyle two way.

The icing on the cake is " KEEP RIGHT" .. yeah you gotta drive on the right side the whole stretch. Guess the rich men shouldnt have trouble importing LHD cars now.
HA HA..This is hilarious. Aren't these idiots ashamed of themselves to allow such a thing? Don't these guys know that the whole world is watching and laughing at us?

Bangalore might be the only place where traffic police will urge you to drive on the wrong side of the median / road.

This sounds like the "feature" we have on richmond road flyover. Our amazingly designed flyover ended up with a traffic signal right on the flyover with vehicles changing sides at the junction. Can you imagine arriving at the signal driving on left side of the divider and once you get the signal you cross to the right side and drive along.

TRULY AMAZING!!!!

Our planners / road designers / traffic analysers are pea-brained.

-- Torqy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks