Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 09:55   #1006
BHPian

Its a pleasure to find a thread dedicated to Chennai. I travel everyday to office from AnnaNagar East to Shozllinganallur. Looking at the traffic at Mount Road, OMR and Shozllinganallur signal, I have started using company transport. Also there are diversions for Metro Rail at every nook and corner.
Old 11th January 2012, 12:59   #1007
BHPian

re: Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai

My favourite peeve is people using mobiles and driving. Next is suddenly stopping to take their mobile phone to talk. The sad part is most of these people are educated and know it is not right. What can i say ?

Also Chennai traffic police is providing updates in Facebook. The id is chennai city traffic police.
Old 16th January 2012, 03:26   #1008
Senior - BHPian

This video was made by the Chennai Traffic Police to spread awareness on the ills of drunken driving.

Old 16th January 2012, 04:05   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

Neat. The message is "it's your funeral." I wonder if it actually made anyone leave their car their and take other transport home.
Old 24th January 2012, 16:18   #1010
Senior - BHPian

An M800 bullbar for a truck. Looks wierd to say the least.
Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai-dsc03532.jpg
Old 24th January 2012, 22:29   #1011
Senior - BHPian

It happens only in India....What protection does this give the Lorry or what additional damage can it cause to the other vehicle.

Strange but i feelthe guy likes to detail and keep the vehicle like we do for cars.
Old 25th January 2012, 00:07   #1012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Strange but i feelthe guy likes to detail and keep the vehicle like we do for cars.
I get the feeling that he likes to cause maximum damage to pedestrians.

And yes, it also looks stupid.

Actually, it looks like a handle. Maybe he likes to show off by picking up his truck with one hand. In which case I take back everything I just said, and am now hiding under my desk
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 15:05   #1013
BANNED

Day before yesterday while returning from office, in standstill traffic, the cabbie banged my car in the rear, resulting in number plate lights coming out from their holders misalignment of the rear bumper along with the body, warning lights in the dash glowing with messages for number plate lights are not working....

Asked the guy to move to left... in-spite he got mixed with the traffic and escaped... checked up with the traffic police available near by for filing a complaint...
Came to know that I have to travel up to Pallavaram Police. Ditched the plans of registering the complaint...

I have fixed up an appointment with authorised service station coming week to fix my rear number plate lights and misaligned bumper...

Waste of time and money for careless driving by the cabbie driver...
Attached Thumbnails
Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai-cabbie.jpg  

Old 25th January 2012, 18:39   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Lol Thad, that was hilarious!!!

A definite contender for the weired and wacky modifications thread. By the way notice the way it is painted? I'm not sure if it is legal/illegal here, but in certain countries wouldnt this amount to insult of your national flag?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 20:28   #1015
BHPian

He can always claim that he was insulting the Italian flag :-)
Old 25th January 2012, 20:45   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Lol Thad, that was hilarious!!!

A definite contender for the weired and wacky modifications thread. By the way notice the way it is painted? I'm not sure if it is legal/illegal here, but in certain countries wouldnt this amount to insult of your national flag?
At least in the UK, people are not jingoistic about their national flag. You can buy knickers and even slippers with the UK flag imprinted on them.
Old 25th January 2012, 23:12   #1017
BHPian

I was driving on US embassy road towards the awarpet signal last saturday. i was waiting for the signal to turn green when i heard skidding sound of tyres. Then there was a sudden thud on the back of my car. I got down and found that the biker has banged on the rear end of my car. Got into a long fight with that guy. That guy was having an innocent look and kept on saying that we are poor people.

My dad snatched his mobile. But threw it back at him because it was a korean make. Finally noted down his mobile no. and left. There is nothing much that we can do if we are going to have such morons riding bikes.

Last edited by vishnu.csk : 25th January 2012 at 23:13.
Old 25th January 2012, 23:20   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
I was driving on US embassy road towards the awarpet signal last saturday. i was waiting for the signal to turn green when i heard skidding sound of tyres. Then there was a sudden thud on the back of my car. I got down and found that the biker has banged on the rear end of my car. Got into a long fight with that guy. That guy was having an innocent look and kept on saying that we are poor people.

My dad snatched his mobile. But threw it back at him because it was a korean make. Finally noted down his mobile no. and left. There is nothing much that we can do if we are going to have such morons riding bikes.
Reading this, I remember a similar incident which happened to me couple of years back. At the Oliver road-TTK road junction, I was waiting for the signal to turn green when a biker rear-ended my car. I immediately got down and went for an altercation. Guess what was the reply he gave!

"Sorry sir! Was seeing a message in my mobile and didn't notice your car"!!
Old 27th January 2012, 12:20   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Reading this, I remember a similar incident which happened to me couple of years back. At the Oliver road-TTK road junction, I was waiting for the signal to turn green when a biker rear-ended my car. I immediately got down and went for an altercation. Guess what was the reply he gave!

"Sorry sir! Was seeing a message in my mobile and didn't notice your car"!!
Mobile phone while riding on a bike. No words to say.
Old 27th January 2012, 13:55   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
Mobile phone while riding on a bike. No words to say.
These days i have started to accept the fact that people do drive with their mobile phones constantly busy.

What i fail to understand is, these guys wont leave way for other vehicles to go as well. They would be driving in two lanes and no one else can overtake them. They would not be aware of the vehicles besides or behind them at any point.

Least said about honking. They would be busy on the phone but wont forget to play music with their horns . The road would be absolutely empty but still these guys honk assuming the person at the other end of the phone gets the message clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks