Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 17:43   #16
BHPian

Has anyone noticed the fat looking black mamba cop with big mustache guiding traffic at the Electronic city signal in the morning.I have seen him getting irritated and jumping on the bonet of an alto car hurling abuses at the driver who seemed so helpless. If he had done it to my beast I would have run him over there itself.

Some cops treat us citizens as if we are their slaves.
No wonder when I went to Canada and the cop waved at me and said good morning I fainted.Can demography bring around change in cops behaviour too??

I know lots of people will now argue saying that Indian cops are grossly under salaried and stuff but does that give them the authority to make the riders dance to their tunes?
Alter_Ego is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2010, 18:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
and as someone said, it doesnt need rocket science to control traffic efficiently.. just common sense.
I could have written a long post but I believe that a short and sweet reply would tell it all and this is what: Common sense is an oxymoron; it's NOT at all common. That explains why the morons lack the oxymoron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Question is, when will they learn?!
When will they learn - They will learn when the rulers of this country / state / district / panchayat learn.
When will the rulers learn - When the voters learn! Voters learn what? - Voters learn that the Government is run for them, by them and the rulers are accountable and above all when they learn that unless we change collectively the rulers will never change.
So all in all we're going to be like this for some good number of years.
Old 13th April 2010, 19:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Flyover construction at Belandur/Sarjapur Road

Hi Everyone,

I have to pass the Sarjapur Road & Belandur junction towards Marthahalli to reach office. Though there are cops standing, the funny part is that there's no strict method of diverting traffic.

Many a times I've felt the construction is making the driving more unsafe!

Just imagine something drops on your car.

There are also steel bars lying on the roads at these places, some type of girders kept on the road to manage traffic - all of these proving dangerous.

They could damage our cars, hurt someone a bike etc.

Unfortunately neither the cops nor the construction companies are concerned. A major accident is due at this place.
Old 13th April 2010, 19:57   #19
BHPian

For all i have seen in my short on road life, the traffic cops in bangalore have changed. There are a few problems still but not like a few years back when on a saturday night the cops used to check with their own booze stinking mouths and accuse teetotallers of drinking and driving. Snatch keys off bikes and push around college going kids.

Believe me it has improved. Not a lot, but it has. Bad experiences can create biases.
Old 13th April 2010, 20:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

This happened to me recently just prior to the BBMP elections, I was returning from work and had to turn right to enter my street, there is an ASI standing there (it is a completely residential locality) he waves me on, I tell my house is in this street, he says you have to go straight, no turn allowed, I ask him where are you asking me to go if not to my house, he nonchalantly replies, MLA is in the street canvassing, so no vehicles are to be allowed.

Can you beat that? and he expects us to vote for his candidate.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:00   #21
Senior - BHPian

I had a funny experience while returning from a friend's place one night. I was checked for drunken driving in 3 places:
1. At Sony World Junction, the cop stops me, asks me to get the window glass down, gets his face close to my mouth and whispers, "blow blow". It felt so funny, I laughed. He looked as if he was sniffing something, and then said, "hogi" (go).
2. I proceed to old airport road and a cop with an alcometer stops me in front of Leela and tests my breath. Perfect..
3. Another cop stops me at Kundanahalli junction, and asks in sign language if I am drunk. I smile and say, "illa illa" (no no). He tells me to go, again in sign language.

Nothing stupid of the cops (perhaps except the first one), but it was hilarious. So I thought I'd share..

Another incident. I was returning home after a long day in office. It was about 11 PM. Cop stops me at Soolikunte (on Sarjapur road, way outside the city). There are barricades put, so that vehicles can't speed away. I remember then, that I don't have car's insurance copy in the car. The cop comes to the window and says, "FIAT.. Hmmm.. Palio aa?".
I say, "houdu" (yes).
"Mileage eshtu?" (what's the mileage).
"17".
"aitu, hogi". (ok, go).

Whew.. Saved!!

Last edited by rohanjf : 13th April 2010 at 21:04.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
OT: I counted 4 Volvo's in the span of the time the video runs (1 minute) Bangalore seem to have an overkill of Volvo city buses, no wonder the Volvos' are drain for BMTC
they ain't a overkill when one commutes to work by them! At peak time if you peek into them you'll find all of them crowded.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Ben, just one suggestion, although I haven't tried this on the Bangalore traffic cops, it works for me most of the times. Instead of questioning the cops, just request them, if you can take a right; if he yells saying you're in a wrong place or anything, say sorry several times. If you're not a native (or have a non KA vehicle), ask them if a certain path (already the shorter route) is shortest route (pretending to be an outsider). I've noticed that if you question anyone in govt, we're the worst enemies than our neighbourhood country.

PS - Are the cops in Bangalore so worse? I recently see many people bashing Bangalore cops or is it that no one is bashing Chennai cops?
they ain't. 'tis a chimera created by skewed team-bhp membership!
Old 13th April 2010, 21:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday we had a training session taken by a very senior person who came from our Bangalore office.

As he was talking about his daily routines, he talked about traffic in Bangalore. Let me quote:

Quote:
I get up at 6:00 AM. My driver comes to meet me by 6:50 AM exactly. I get ready by 7:30 and then we enter the "Hell on Earth" which can be also called Banaglore roads.... ... ...
I had the same feeling when I was there.

Last edited by clevermax : 13th April 2010 at 22:01.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:04   #25
BANNED

Please note this thread is about the efficiency and knowledge of the Bangalore Traffic Police in handling traffic situations as shown in the video.

This thread is not to show how good or bad a human being they are.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Another incident. I was returning home after a long day in office. It was about 11 PM. Cop stops me at Soolikunte (on Sarjapur road, way outside the city). There are barricades put, so that vehicles can't speed away. I remember then, that I don't have car's insurance copy in the car. The cop comes to the window and says, "FIAT.. Hmmm.. Palio aa?".
I say, "houdu" (yes).
"Mileage eshtu?" (what's the mileage).
"17".
"aitu, hogi". (ok, go).

Whew.. Saved!!
Well, the cops engage in casual conversation to find out whether you are drunk. It is their way of testing, without using the meter. From the couple of words you uttered, they would have figured out that you are not drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
OT: I counted 4 Volvo's in the span of the time the video runs (1 minute) Bangalore seem to have an overkill of Volvo city buses, no wonder the Volvos' are drain for BMTC
The Volvos would have piled up one behind the other due to the jam created. Hence giving a false impression that 4 Volvos run on the route in a span of 1 minute.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:21   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
And then this happens:
I was in the same position at Indira Nagar Bus Depot few days back. First i thought some accident happen or they wanted to give way for some VVIP who stuck behind.

When the police men given green signals to us, i came to know that its just because of the huge potholes ahead in our lane, they have allowed the traffic to the wrong side
Old 13th April 2010, 22:21   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Well, the cops engage in casual conversation to find out whether you are drunk. It is their way of testing, without using the meter. From the couple of words you uttered, they would have figured out that you are not drunk.

The Volvos would have piled up one behind the other due to the jam created. Hence giving a false impression that 4 Volvos run on the route in a span of 1 minute.
Thanks sbraj for pointing that out. I was returning from Shivamogga one night last month and a cop flags me down at KR Puram. He puts his head through the window and asks me my name. Then talks about me replying in Kannada despite the AP plates, his head still inside. All in all casual conversation. Then waves me off with the pearl of wisdom that "drive safe since the last mile after a long journey is always the trickiest".
Old 13th April 2010, 22:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
its just because of the huge potholes ahead in our lane, they have allowed the traffic to the wrong side
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the traffic police is within their rights to divert traffic, even on the wrong side, if they deem it necessary. I don't think they are breaking any rules by doing so.

I am talking about law here. Whether such action is prudent or not, depends on the view point from where one is coming from. Since not many traffic policemen are TBHP members, we would not find alternative viewpoints here.

Their sole objective would have been to clear up traffic. Issue has been originally created by the guys who digged up the road. And now traffic police has to resolve the mess.
Old 13th April 2010, 22:53   #30
BHPian

From my experience of driving for over 10 years, Bangalore traffic police easily qualify as the worst.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks