Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 22:30   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

OMG . This is an absolute shocking news for me. This Vtec was one of the most lustworthy cars for me. I'm really sorry that the car had to face this fate. However, the part "no one got hurt" is a bit reliving.

I don't usually like cars modded too much, but this one was modded just right.

Actually when GTO posted the "for sale" ad I really considered buying this. I had long dreamt of owning a Vtech as my first earned car. The fact that I was in Kerala & the car was in Bombay and the paperworks involved in the transfer was the only factor keeping me from buying this awesome machine. It was just too perfect for me.

Well, GTO, what remnants of this VTech can be taken out?. The powertrain is fine I guess?. In fact can we can take out any parts from it?. Wont insurance people own it after paying Avinash the TOTAL LOSS sum?.

If it were me, I would love to keep the engine though, about 80k for a Honda VTec is nothing. I guess about 50-60% life is still remaining.
Old 21st June 2010, 22:32   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

It's amazing the way the roof has sheered like that.

Avinash mus insist that the insurance company covers the cost of that box of tissues: they will not be usable, what with risk of broken glass fragments

Seriously, though... commiserations to you both. The physical/insurance value of such a car does not even begin to meet its personal value. They say we shouldn't get attached to things, but, hey, we just do.
Old 21st June 2010, 22:35   #33
BANNED

this is terrible man!

Poor City,thank god no one was injured.

Will the insurance company sell the engine to scrap?
Old 21st June 2010, 22:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

I have no words! No car should go like this...
Old 21st June 2010, 22:53   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad bad luck! Hope Avinash finds a great car soon!

Wouldn't mind dragging the building owner/builder to court if the wall fell due to poor construction, maintenance or anything like that. But those people will not understand the loss. For them it's just a car
Old 21st June 2010, 22:58   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Exactly, and I don't think the court route would give compensation for the emotional value, would it?
Old 22nd June 2010, 03:39   #37
BHPian

I am speechless, I can feel how Avinash would be feeling as even I have lost one my first car in accident long time back, hope he will be able to come out of this pain. If Avinash plans then he can speak to insurance guys and pull the engine out, by paying some amount to them. This is a body shell damage we can fine one in market if he searches hard.
Old 22nd June 2010, 03:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

I'm not happy to hear this news; this also leaves me with an impression that no building is safe. This reminds me of another incident. I'd sold a rarest piece of my RX100 (2006 end model), one of the last lot from YMIS to a friend. A brand new tipper lorry (For Regn board) was reversing & didn't notice this motorcycle & crushed it into scrap. Vehicle running over, I can accept, but definitely not a building falling off. This is too much.

OT - But why does all the pics contain date of 2006/01/01? What does that signify?
Old 22nd June 2010, 06:23   #39
BHPian

Really unfortunate incident. Where do we park our beloved cars safely?

Feel really sorry for avinash. Hope insurance pay back can cover some of his sorrow.
Old 22nd June 2010, 07:25   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats really sad to see. R.I.P
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:43   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Will miss hearing that sweet exhaust note everytime when Avinash used to take his Vtec out for a spin.
Ah, what an engine note the car had / has. The Greddy headers + automech exhaust were perfectly tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Hey GTO, convince Avinash for this. But even this will cost a bomb, won't it?
Yes, the math doesn't add up. A decent 1.3 OHC alone will cost 1.25 lakhs at the minimum. Then, theres the cost of buying the engine (if at all) and transplanting into the "new" car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Well, GTO, what remnants of this VTech can be taken out?. The powertrain is fine I guess?. In fact can we can take out any parts from it?. Wont insurance people own it after paying Avinash the TOTAL LOSS sum?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Will the insurance company sell the engine to scrap?
In such cases, where the cost of repair exceeds 70% of the car's book value, insurance companies write it off completely & declare it as a total loss. Owner is compensated (insured value less a certain %), insurance company takes possession of the car, only to sell it off to a dealer / mechanic. A shady bodyshop could easily get the Vtec cosmetically back in shape for 50,000 and sell it off to an unsuspecting buyer for a profit.

If the damage is too bad, its sold off for scrap (typically, a parts car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The physical/insurance value of such a car does not even begin to meet its personal value.
So many memories, Thad, just so many memories!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
OT - But why does all the pics contain date of 2006/01/01? What does that signify?
I guess it only signifies that the camera owner hasn't bothered to set the date up correctly
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, really sorry to see this! Nothing can pain you more than to see the car that you've had some of the best moments of your life in, lying torn & mutilated like this :(

Rush, my sincere condolences!
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

My heart goes out to Avinash. Thats really bad bad news. I suppose he must be unconsolable. I havent seen any message from him. Is he OK?. My condolences are with him.

GTO - The more you own a car, the more it grows on you. I know how it feels, it feels like someone just severed a body part and you are left lifeless.
Can Avinash claim from the building owner or book a case against him. How can a building portion collapse just like that?? Too weird.
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:52   #44
BHPian

Glad no one was in the car at the time. Absolute loss of such a beauty. This particular OHC was my favorite because of the Color and the Rims combo. R.I.P.
Old 24th June 2010, 21:16   #45
BHPian

GTO, understand how you feel, my heartfelt wishes,

Reminds me of the time when i sold my lovely Qualis which later met with a horrific accident on an outstation trip on the highway & was completely written off. Till date the best car Ive ever owned !

When i heard the news, i was heartbroken at the time & still look back at the photos of her & the wonderful trips i had to so many places. A close friend of mine even 4 years later keeps cursing me why i didn't sell her to him !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks