Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2010, 00:17   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Pranav, this'll sound cliched but what happened to the car has affected me a lot! I can't really make up my mind for another one out a strange fear of ruining it again.
It's a car, my friend. One that had a full life while being taken care of very nicely. As much as I love mine, I will not hold myself responsible if I ever manage to destroy it while doing the things that I do to it. In fact, that is what I plan to do, as I don't want anyone else to use it after after I'm done with it. Cliched, I know

Anyways, if you ever decide to part out the car/engine, let me know. It would be criminal to let such a well maintained car go outside the boundaries of Team BHP.
Old 18th July 2010, 16:23   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
In fact, that is what I plan to do, as I don't want anyone else to use it after after I'm done with it. Cliched, I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Anyways, if you ever decide to part out the car/engine, let me know. It would be criminal to let such a well maintained car go outside the boundaries of Team BHP.
That is something I am also really hoping for! But the thing is since I have moved to Hyd now, selling off the car separately (engine, body) would involve additional headache of storing the rest of the parts/body for that much longer and I really have no place to keep it in mumbai. For that matter, even the insurance company has now asked me to move the car from the workshop (linkway honda) to avoid their charges but I can't do anything besides waiting till the car is sold and pay their charges.
Old 26th July 2010, 02:59   #78

This is horrible! I was just browsing through the classifieds and saw the ad for the car.
I stay in powai and i'm sorry to ask this, but which building was the car parked at?
If you need a place to park the car till its sold, leave it at my building in hiranandani powai.
I'll tell the society its my own car and there will be absolutely no problems. I'll PM you my cell number incase you want to get in touch. You should be able to save a whole lot of money that way. I'll ask around if anybody wants a Vtech exhaust and some sick sick looking alloys. Should help you a little further
Old 26th July 2010, 21:33   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernauTT View Post
If you need a place to park the car till its sold, leave it at my building in hiranandani powai.
That's really kind of you, thanks! Hope Avinash takes you up on the offer.

Quote:
I'll ask around if anybody wants a Vtech exhaust and some sick sick looking alloys. Should help you a little further
There's some more

- Greddy headers. The best bolt-on mod for the OHC.
- 5 undamaged Alloy wheels
- The car could be used for spares. New clutch, suspension, battery, brakes, refurbished steering rack, immaculate gearbox.

And last but not the least, that beautiful 1.5L Vtec engine.
Old 26th July 2010, 21:49   #80
BHPian

When I started reading this thread felt really sad.
But the last post I read who offered a parking spot in his building in Hirnandani, was quite a nice gesture.

One question has always come to my mind. I have read people coming forward to offer help to fellow BHPians in other threads too.It's quite touching.
People help without even knowing each other. It's just amazing.

I am feeling really happy be a part of this extraordinary community.

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th July 2010 at 23:11. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the rules carefully, thanks
Old 26th July 2010, 21:59   #81
BHPian

I saw the ad for this car in the t-bhp classifieds and was shocked for a few minutes before finding my way to this thread.
Avinash, dude I feel terrible seeing the car this way. More so because you had recently bought this gem of an OHC. I'd been following threads related to this for quite a while and its sad to see it go in this way. Fortunately no one got injured; small mercy

Well now i'll have to stop hoping this car drives up for one our Mumbai meets. All the best with getting good buyers for it.

Last edited by gomzi : 26th July 2010 at 22:03.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:17   #82

Anything i can do to help!
Btw guys, my friend has one OHC 1.3 which has clocked well over 1.5L km's (not sure about this because the odo stopped working at 1.3L 4 years back)
Its one of the first cars which were sold in mumbai and its in really good condition.
His father wont expect much for the car so if an engine swap is in the works, let me know
Old 27th July 2010, 20:56   #83
BHPian

Just saw the ad in the classifieds section. Was shocked to see it in such a state.
I still drool over it looking at the old thread by GTO.
Very sad to see it go this way.
Old 28th July 2010, 16:53   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
I am feeling really happy be a part of this extraordinary community.
Same here bkbkr... Infact, I can very well say, I have found solace in this community after my huge loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
I saw the ad for this car in the t-bhp classifieds and was shocked for a few minutes before finding my way to this thread.
Avinash, dude I feel terrible seeing the car this way. More so because you had recently bought this gem of an OHC. I'd been following threads related to this for quite a while and its sad to see it go in this way. Fortunately no one got injured; small mercy

Well now i'll have to stop hoping this car drives up for one our Mumbai meets. All the best with getting good buyers for it.
Thanks Gomzi. The search is on and I am hoping it stays in the t-bhp community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggernauTT View Post
Anything i can do to help!
Btw guys, my friend has one OHC 1.3 which has clocked well over 1.5L km's (not sure about this because the odo stopped working at 1.3L 4 years back)
Its one of the first cars which were sold in mumbai and its in really good condition.
His father wont expect much for the car so if an engine swap is in the works, let me know
Thanks a lot for volunteering JuggernauTT, really appreciate it! As already mentioned in the ad, I do not have the option of selling the car in parts. But, you can still check with your friend's father if he want's to buy the whole car and use it's mechanicals and some body panels, he can always sell the rest as scrap.

About the parking space though, is it closed (roof) or open?
Old 28th July 2010, 23:53   #85

The building is mostly open parking, first come first serve types.
But a neighbor who is very close does have one free garage parking. A sienna used to fit inside pretty nicely. I can ask him if he can let me leave the car there for a while. He's mostly out of town and the garage is never used.
There shouldn't be a problem. I doubt he would disagree.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:26   #86

Hi Avinash, remember i spoke to u in the phone with regards to buying ur V-Tech, has the insurance formality completed....???
Contact me once the same is complete, shall pick up the vehicle.....
My honda's so waiting for the V-tech engine....
Old 29th July 2010, 19:32   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toney4u View Post
Hi Avinash, remember i spoke to u in the phone with regards to buying ur V-Tech, has the insurance formality completed....???
Contact me once the same is complete, shall pick up the vehicle.....
My honda's so waiting for the V-tech engine....
Heyy..I do remember you! Unfortunately though, the insurance formalities are still not done. Feeling bad as I have put so many interested buyers on-hold due to this. I have given them a piece of my mind today, so expecting something soon, will keep you posted on the progress.

Again, apologies for the delay!
Old 29th July 2010, 21:43   #88
BHPian

I am absolutely devastated to find the Legend in this condition. Glad no one got hurt! This OHC was one of tbhp's most famous rides! (we see it everyday on the front page)

I was wondering, if this VTEC engine could be fitted in my OHC AT?
Old 30th July 2010, 13:49   #89
BHPian

Sorry for your car Avinash. Glad that no one is hurt.
Old 30th July 2010, 15:07   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
I am absolutely devastated to find the Legend in this condition. Glad no one got hurt! This OHC was one of tbhp's most famous rides! (we see it everyday on the front page)

I was wondering, if this VTEC engine could be fitted in my OHC AT?
That's an interesting proposition. Not sure if it's actually possible. Can the AT box be a bolt-on-fit in place of MT without any other modifications. OHC experts can comment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks