Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 17:28   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
yes you have to pay the parking charges, but 5% of the estimation cost is load of bull crap 28 k just for the estimates is daylight robbery. You can ask the insurance guys to speedup the process by talking to the surveyer, but from my experience they are going to offer you a amount much less than the IDV, do not try to remove anything from the car now as the insurance guys might use that excuse not to payup. If it gets delayed more than 10 more days file a case keeping insurance as the first party and honda as second, also claim for all these charges and some extra for the mental agony, you should see some results.

Pramod
Thanks Pramod! I thought so too, infact told the Linkway guys the same on their face! Anyways, I have kindof prepared myself about the insured amount, just want to minimise my losses as much as possible. Until then I am not touching the car.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:33   #62
lsp
BHPian

Avinash,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine what u must be feeling after loosing something that you cherished ( and a lot more people on the forum esp GTO).

All I can say is that try to see the positive side of things. No one got hurt. You, your family and friends are all safe. No use cursing luck as somethings are best attributed to destiny. As I understand, you are a young guy, starting not too long ago in your career. The car would have been a huge investment for you. Take such setbacks in a positive spirit as a learning or an opportunity to overcome obstacles life throws at you to prepare yourself for the future.

It will take a while but I am sure with time you will be able to overcome the emotional and financial loss. I am sure the next chapter would be sweet.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:20   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Avinash,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine what u must be feeling after loosing something that you cherished ( and a lot more people on the forum esp GTO).

All I can say is that try to see the positive side of things. No one got hurt. You, your family and friends are all safe. No use cursing luck as somethings are best attributed to destiny. As I understand, you are a young guy, starting not too long ago in your career. The car would have been a huge investment for you. Take such setbacks in a positive spirit as a learning or an opportunity to overcome obstacles life throws at you to prepare yourself for the future.

It will take a while but I am sure with time you will be able to overcome the emotional and financial loss. I am sure the next chapter would be sweet.
Thanks a ton Sir! You (like all the t-bhpians here) surely have made me feel a lot better about this!
Old 30th June 2010, 21:35   #64
BHPian

You are suing the builder right? Drag him to court and make sure he compensates each and every penny you spend. Why should you suffer for no fault of yours?
Old 1st July 2010, 15:27   #65
BHPian

Avinash

Sorry to hear about the loss. Its really tragic to see sucha good car in this condition. Afaik, the parking charges are ok but they cannot charge 5% of the estimated value is too much. The maximum charges should not be more than Rs 5000 to Rs 8000. Pls check with other Honda dealers.

Hope this helps

Mansi
Old 4th July 2010, 22:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
You are suing the builder right? Drag him to court and make sure he compensates each and every penny you spend. Why should you suffer for no fault of yours?
That doesn't seem likely as it was a close friend's place (rented) and I'd parked there without his (builder's) knowledge.Just wanted to avoid parking on the street as it was for a week (approx). For that matter, it could not be confirmed whether it (the rock) was a piece of the building or any construction material, which could have made me think about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
Avinash
Sorry to hear about the loss. Its really tragic to see sucha good car in this condition. Afaik, the parking charges are ok but they cannot charge 5% of the estimated value is too much. The maximum charges should not be more than Rs 5000 to Rs 8000. Pls check with other Honda dealers.

Hope this helps
Mansi
Thanks Mansi! Just waiting for a word from the insurance company (hopefully in the next week) afterwhich I'll be taking this up with Linkway. Pains me to see these people trying to make big bucks with a dead car! For God's sake..let her RIP! Sorry, but it was and will always be very dear to me!
Old 5th July 2010, 00:14   #67
BHPian

is it possible to get new body shell and maybe dashboard.i think rest of the things like engine, suspension is untouched.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:15   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
is it possible to get new body shell and maybe dashboard.i think rest of the things like engine, suspension is untouched.
I am guessing you mean a complete second hand body shell?!That's a possibility but I am not keen on that, will pose problems with regards to insurance claim as it'll bear a different chassis no. Currently waiting for the insurance company to decide the nature of the loss, will negotiate on retaining the engine after that.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Oh, thats real bad.

But on the bright side, the engine is still in great shape. So get another OHC 1.3 or Zen chassis for dirt cheap and plonk the vtec engine in it.

Shan2nu
Old 17th July 2010, 17:21   #70
BHPian

avinash -
whats up with the insurance process buddy ? seems it is not making much headway.
i see the car put up on the classifieds for as-is condition.
Old 17th July 2010, 18:09   #71
BHPian

Seeing the pics of the devasted Vtec made my eyes water.......
Try on salvaging maximum amount of things that you can out of it.

See the positive side
You can upgrade to a more better option.
Old 17th July 2010, 20:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wow, just saw the ad in the Classifieds today and was shocked to see what happened to the car. Cannot offer anything more, but if I were you, I'd be back online within hours searching for another VTEC in similar condition.
Old 17th July 2010, 21:50   #73
BHPian

well seeing the ad in the classifieds, i assume the insurance guys weren't much of a help! How much did they settle for finally ??
Old 17th July 2010, 23:49   #74
BHPian

Sorry to hear this. It must be really painful to see such a wonderful car like this go to dust.
You should buy another car soon and start revving all over again.
Old 18th July 2010, 00:03   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
avinash -
whats up with the insurance process buddy ? seems it is not making much headway.
i see the car put up on the classifieds for as-is condition.
There was a headway, in the sense that it was stuck for almost 3 weeks!Finally, when it did move couple of days back, it wasn't in my favour! As anticipated, the insurance company on the basis of their own 'assessment' have calculated that the repair cost won't exceed 75% of IDV, so no total loss! This left me with the repair route which I neither want nor can I afford. So, per discussion with the surveyor, an 'alternate mode' has been suggested wherein a lumpsome amount (much less than IDV) will be paid by the insurance company and the car would be mine as well. I don't have much of an option besides selling it off, in as-is condition to minimise my loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Seeing the pics of the devasted Vtec made my eyes water.......
Try on salvaging maximum amount of things that you can out of it.

See the positive side
You can upgrade to a more better option.
Jatin,my eyes have dried up now since the accident!I was not in my senses in the initial period, but then I was bored of my sadness! The VTEC will always be in my heart, no matter what car I drive.

Better options surely exist but currently I am trying to settle all this mess and also trying to save up Vitamin M for my next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Wow, just saw the ad in the Classifieds today and was shocked to see what happened to the car. Cannot offer anything more, but if I were you, I'd be back online within hours searching for another VTEC in similar condition.
Pranav, this'll sound cliched but what happened to the car has affected me a lot! I can't really make up my mind for another one out a strange fear of ruining it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
well seeing the ad in the classifieds, i assume the insurance guys weren't much of a help! How much did they settle for finally ??
Just mentioned all the details in my post above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks