Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:51   #181
BHPian

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
I have not seen any Ads for the car yet. Which channel did you see it on? Not that this car excites me in any way, but I still really hope that TBHP does an official review. It would be very interesting for a lot of us.
Its was mostly timesnow. But I do keep surfing timesnow, CNNIBN, Headlines today in the morning so can't be 100% sure of timesnow.
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:21   #182
BANNED

re: The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!

I saw a black Avanti parked in the DC showroom at Iffco Chowk Gurgaon. Will stop by someday and take pics!
Old 4th April 2015, 01:52   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomumbai View Post
Breaking News for the DC Avanti: I was just confirmed that my vehicle would be delivered in the 2nd or 3rd week of March 2015. All the print advertisements and media hype is going to start in February 2015.

I forgot to Add to my previous post that I get to Test Drive the DC Avanti tomorrow in their Chinchwad Plant (Pune) I will post pictures and videos once I get there. Looking forward to a fun filled Avanti Day.
Did you drive the car socomumbai?
Old 5th April 2015, 00:15   #184
BHPian

Various media reports suggest 15th April has been finally set as the launch date.

Quote from article at CarToq:
Quote:
The DC Avanti is priced at 34.93 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Bangalore, and the car is made-to-order. This means that paying the booking amount to the dealer will get the wheels moving at DC Design’s Talegaon factory, off Pune. Once the booking is made, 2-3 months is what dealers say they need to deliver the car.
from IAB:
Quote:
Though the launch is reportedly scheduled for April 15, the first batch of 500 cars is sold out, sources told Indian Autos Blog.
Other details already on website.
Senna4Ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 00:42   #185
BHPian

DC is off to a great start!! 😁

Sure, the lack of an optional auto box, airbags and traction control, the faux leather upholstery, manually adjusted seats, no reverse camera and single din music system are all things one can nitpick about.

But think of it this way....
There's an Indian company doing serial production of a sports car, using carbon fiber and a mid engined layout.
That is just INSANE.
This will be a great first step for the Indian car industry.
sleepyk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 14:28   #186
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

This DC Avanti was spotted in Lavasa by a member of the Supercars in Pune facebook page. Due credits to the photographer.

Source: Supercars and bikes in Pune
Attached Thumbnails
The DC Avanti Sports Car : Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 36 lakhs!-11016837_358903117633447_5908132887857265293_n-1.jpg  

//M is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2015, 15:34   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
This DC Avanti was spotted in Lavasa by a member of the Supercars in Pune facebook page. Due credits to the photographer.

Source: Supercars and bikes in Pune
What is that long dark line in the middle of the bonnet supposed to be?

Also, am I the only one who thinks this design is very aerodynamically inefficient from the sides?
Old 12th April 2015, 09:57   #188
BANNED

Not sure I agree so much with the design and overall product but I appreciate DC for following his dream. If he can inspire others from India to do something similar, that's an achievement in itself. Someone's gotta set the ball rolling.
Old 12th April 2015, 10:12   #189
BANNED

Don't know if it's just me, but, every picture of the Avanti shows the wiper blades at different "zero" position.

A very basic but important part of car building is wiper motor alignment.

Indicative of the overall "Engineering" involved, IMHO.

Best of Luck, looks like both DC and the prospective owners will need it.

Cheers.
gthang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 10:40   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Looks good actually. Performance is really lacking, even mid size family sedans would be faster than this
I am not sure about that. A mid size sedan does 0-100 in about 12-14 seconds, with a 0-100 of less than 8 seconds (quoted by magazines), the Avanti is genuinely quicker than most family saloons. Yes a BMW or Audi may come close to the quoted acceleration figures, but then they are not your run of the mill Honda City/Civic are they?
Also the top end of 180kmph is surely electronically restricted, even smaller hatchbacks and SUV do 180kmph, so I am sure with no restrictions and a 250bhp engine this car should cross the 220kmph barrier or more.
apachelongbow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 11:38   #191
BHPian

Well I saw the program where the channel was going GAGA over the car, my guess it must be paid news as the car looked slow from the shots they were shooting it. Would have loved if they could shoot some inside cabin accelerations videos to get a better idea.

I for one wasnt impressed with the design of the car, coming from a house which raves about design elements the car design doesnt seems new, there are other renowned manufacturers which have been using similar designs, looks more of a lift of from Ferrari and Lamborghini's.

Also since DC isnt an engine builder rather a design studio for car makeovers, I for one wasnt expecting a cracking engine from them, but since they wanted to build a sports car per say so not sure what was the idea of the engine selection for them.

Lets see how many we see them rolling on the roads in coming day with such a huge price for the product.
Old 12th April 2015, 12:49   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Well I saw the program where the channel was going GAGA over the car, my guess it must be paid news as the car looked slow from the shots they were shooting it. Would have loved if they could shoot some inside cabin accelerations videos to get a better idea.

I for one wasnt impressed with the design of the car, coming from a house which raves about design elements the car design doesnt seems new, there are other renowned manufacturers which have been using similar designs, looks more of a lift of from Ferrari and Lamborghini's.

Also since DC isnt an engine builder rather a design studio for car makeovers, I for one wasnt expecting a cracking engine from them, but since they wanted to build a sports car per say so not sure what was the idea of the engine selection for them.

Lets see how many we see them rolling on the roads in coming day with such a huge price for the product.
For many boutique brands (and some larger ones as well) it's not really about building the engine...
Selecting the engine, mating it to the right components (like headers and ECU) and then tuning them all well is what's important.
sleepyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 15:27   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyk View Post
For many boutique brands (and some larger ones as well) it's not really about building the engine...
Selecting the engine, mating it to the right components (like headers and ECU) and then tuning them all well is what's important.
Absolutely. Even Pagani still sources their engines from AMG , a decade after their first car the Zonda rolled of the production line.

I for one am not sold on the looks.
Keenly waiting for the TBHP review.

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 12th April 2015 at 15:29.
Old 13th May 2015, 13:51   #194
BHPian

Anyone else wondering where have Avantis been? You might be now.

Apparently, launch is in mid-May now, according to an article published 3 weeks ago!

NDTV Auto shares an image of Avanti's assembly line:

A low-quality image of ARAI certificate has also been shared. Nothing much is discernable except the date which is as recent as 30th March, 2015 !

Quote:
As you can see in the certificate the engine of the car is sourced from Renault and is a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged engine, mounted between the back seat and the rear wheels. The motor produces a peak power output of 180bhp @ 5500rpm. Power is transmitted to the rear wheels via a 6-speed manual transmission.
Senna4Ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 14:26   #195
BHPian

I dont really know the restrictions in India but wouldnt it have been easier for DC to get an American motor for the Avanti? I am pretty sure anyone whos getting this car does not care about mileage. And AFAIK the american V8s are comparatively cheaper too. Enthusiasts would have gone nuts if this car came out with a rumbling V8 at the price its being offered. It could have given DC the moolah required to make other aspects of the car(aero, handling etc) better.

Considering the number of car shows from america where they just go and get a v8 from an engine builder, it doesnt seem like a complicated bit of kit too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks