Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2006, 17:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

S350L at Worli

For last few days I was in Mumbai as part of a business visit. For the first time I sw the new S on road from there. I was inside the AutoHanger showroom at Worli. When I was getting out from there I saw a S350L with panoramic sunroof in the signal front of the showroom. When I started taking the photo it flewed off. I could take only these two pic. Enjoy.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by hanmust : 1st August 2006 at 17:06.
Old 5th August 2006, 03:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

So I've seen three new S classes in the past 3 days. One is a black S500 which is barely a month old and under 1000 kms on the clock. The other was a steel grey S350. The third is a white one that belongs to the CM of all people!

Only saw it from the front so can't say what engine it had.
Old 12th August 2006, 15:08   #63
BHPian

Klaus17
Old 12th August 2006, 19:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Mr., nice fotos from a very nice angle. How did u took it. I think it the same one I saw from Worli, as its having the panoramic roof.

The first S-class in Kerala delivered day before y'day at Rajsree Motors, Cochin. Its a S350 L, Iridium Silver & the proud owner is a Keralite Bollywood producer. Another S350 L, white will be delivered in a couple of days. Its there is in the showroom.

This is the white one in the service area for final polishing before delivery. Sorry for poor qulaity, it was almost 7pm & service was closed.

I'm sharing my experiance of driving the new S500 & Actros truck. Pls check my thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...tml#post273765

Last edited by hanmust : 12th August 2006 at 19:38.
Old 12th August 2006, 20:16   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a new S500 in black outside the Taj
Old 12th August 2006, 22:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics Klaus. Amazing to see the S Class surrounded by those rickshaw's. Gives a good feel to the presence of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust
Mr., nice fotos from a very nice angle. How did u took it.
I assume he was in a bus.
Old 13th August 2006, 03:36   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mr., nice fotos from a very nice angle. How did u took it. I think it the same one I saw from Worli, as its having the panoramic roof.

The first S-class in Kerala delivered day before y'day at Rajsree Motors, Cochin. Its a S350 L, Iridium Silver & the proud owner is a Keralite Bollywood producer. Another S350 L, white will be delivered in a couple of days. Its there is in the showroom.

This is the white one in the service area for final polishing before delivery. Sorry for poor qulaity, it was almost 7pm & service was closed.

I'm sharing my experiance of driving the new S500 & Actros truck. Pls check my thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-ca...tml#post273765

Hey is white an indian made one or imported one? Can you find out..I was told white was only available in dec..(i cant understand this stupid marketing blunder by mercedes but whatever)...I would want to change our order from iridium to white..

Last edited by 1Day : 13th August 2006 at 03:40.
Old 13th August 2006, 06:16   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
Hey is white an indian made one or imported one? Can you find out..I was told white was only available in dec..(i cant understand this stupid marketing blunder by mercedes but whatever)...I would want to change our order from iridium to white..
Mate, only get White if you wish to have privacy tints...otherwise it looks almost cablike.
Old 13th August 2006, 09:40   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan
Mate, only get White if you wish to have privacy tints...otherwise it looks almost cablike.
Really?? somehow in the US the car looks amazing in white, I dont know if Merc has 2 whites or not? but the white is more pearl and with that purple factory tint the car looked good...infact great...but I have seen, different colors have different impact visually...I didnt like the black one I test drove before placing the order, but in the US the same black looks awesome..I didnt want to get white in S because I had seen some pictures of it, but when I saw it in the US, i loved it..

its so difficult to say, and as is my dad wouldnt want to wait if the silver one is about to come..and I think its due sometime this month, I just wanted to know if it was available..

Last edited by 1Day : 13th August 2006 at 09:42.
Old 14th August 2006, 14:51   #70
BHPian

hey yep got the pic when i was in a bus.also saw a white S class looked good
Old 16th August 2006, 10:22   #71
Senior - BHPian

Mr.1day, white is Indian made..I've seen it in the assembly line & yard at DCIL. In my opinion the new S look very good in white. For me the Obsidian Black is the first choice, second is white.

I was able to understand that lot of buyers have choosen white, that may be the reason for delay.
Old 16th August 2006, 11:49   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Mr.1day, white is Indian made..I've seen it in the assembly line & yard at DCIL. In my opinion the new S look very good in white. For me the Obsidian Black is the first choice, second is white.

I was able to understand that lot of buyers have choosen white, that may be the reason for delay.
I was under the impression that the new S is got into India through CBU
Old 16th August 2006, 17:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

At present only S350 is assembled as SKD kits. S320 CDI & S500 are imported as CBU. Considering the demand, S600 is also imported by DCIL for the customers as per order.

Watch out the S600 promo video

Last edited by hanmust : 16th August 2006 at 17:33.
Old 26th August 2006, 19:08   #74
BHPian

Nice video..do u have any more S-class videos..pls post..

I'm very much fond of S-cls..I love it..
Old 27th August 2006, 22:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks, i guess its a little too late to change the order, since the car is already here in pune. Anyhow may be when we change after sometime, we will get the white, White is absolutely the best color in my opinion on this new S. On the last gen S it looked horrid, the new one somehow looks radiant...

Black is also awesome, but we had 2 blacks already and didnt want to go with black..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks