Team-BHP - Pics: Imports gathering dust in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Imports gathering dust in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/13744-pics-imports-gathering-dust-india-3.html)

wht a bad treatment to a merc..

i dont think this car is as well known as the mercs and bmw's but it is definately a import one!!
so here is the pic....

That looks like a Toyota Corolla/Cressida to me... can't really make out the badge on the right rear.

yes this is a cressida!!

hey how bout givin us the locations of the cars u post??

Some people in India can afford to keep a Mercedes in a garbage dump. The owner apparently also owns a Rolls Royce Silver Spur. The RR is from Bombay and was taken to Gujurat for a business trip where it was submerged in the rains.

I'm assuming it's standing next to the very tattered Silver Spur of theirs? (or a Silver Spirit?)

Love the shoes on the hood too.

wow, just bad, crime against the car. if you buy a car like that you should also know how to treat it, no matter how rich you are or how many cars you have.

Man, why do they keep the cars like that. It would be better to dismantle the cars and use the unaffected parts elsewhere

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 346603)
The owner apparently also owns a Rolls Royce Silver Spur. The RR is from Bombay and was taken to Gujurat for a business trip where it was submerged in the rains.

There is a Rolls parked right next to it, although it seems to be in running condition.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 300206)
Saw this a couple of days ago, dont know which model this is... pics taken from Nokia 7610...

Wow, this is a 1956 Plymouth (Savoy I think)....very popular in India way back...along w/ its siblings the Dodge Kingsway & Desoto Diplomat...this is not an import as these 3 cars were assembled in India by PAL in 1955-56....most of these cars were eventually 'dieselised' by fuel-thrifty owners...
I guess the pics. of this car would be more suited to the 'rust in pieces' thread.....

Btw, where did you see this car?? Do you know if it still exists??

Saw a Morris near Panchvati Auto opposite Karnavati club. SOrry no pics coz I am using a dumb non-camera samsung.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 346603)
Some people in India can afford to keep a Mercedes in a garbage dump. The owner apparently also owns a Rolls Royce Silver Spur. The RR is from Bombay and was taken to Gujurat for a business trip where it was submerged in the rains.

this photgraph sure gives u some sort of emotions....A merc in a junkyard,it cant be!!!!

A Merc lying in a garage Oldies

I meant to put this on here a lot sooner, but then didn't have a decent enough cam phone to capture the dust's/leaves' essence on this otherwise fab-looking BMW (I don't see the series/model #):

This is quite close to where I live....RT Nagar, BLR. I'm seriously thinking of asking the owner for the engine! (but then, what would I transplant it into??)