Team-BHP - Pics : White Subaru Impreza WRX STi in Mumbai (Updated with more pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics : White Subaru Impreza WRX STi in Mumbai (Updated with more pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2088-pics-white-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-mumbai-updated-more-pics-2.html)

Like Clarkson has said before, they should have named it the Subaru - """YOU...OUTSIDE...NOW!!!!!"&q uot;

but then again, i like the Evo 8 better.

Regards...
Shan2nu

WHOA !! AWESOME WORK MAAAN........

she looks damn neat maannnnnn......great alloys, a perfect interior ..

but the yokohama tyres look a little worn out ?? mite be my eyes r playing tricks..but ?? is it??

cheers dippy , great work maan....keep them coming

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ Aug. 11 2004,03:28)]Maybe the fact that we see so many cars on our roads with puny exhausts makes even a standard one on the impreza look big...lol

Lol, Too true!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]...i guess I think you can squeeze better performance, looks and luxury from some other cars...at almost the same price give or take few thousand.

What cars dyu have in mind C4S ?

cya
R

Ok now i don't know much about this car. Subaru Impreza...ya the same one which they use in WRC.
So is it really a good trade for a Merc or a BMW of its league?
How much would it cost after getting it to India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ Aug. 10 2004,23:18)]

Ok heres a question -

Why does that one lugnut have a different design?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dan400 @ Aug. 11 2004,13:19)]So is it really a good trade for a Merc or a BMW of its league?

Ummm.....no.

There really are no Mercs or BMWs that are in its league (in all aspects) or vice versa actually.

From the inside, this car is as "luxurious" as an indica with racing seats. Ok, maybe it has 2 extra buttons. The differential adjustment and the IC water spray (fun buttons if you as me!)
The ride of this car is pretty harsh as well.... so cant really be compared to any Merc or BMW in that category either.

However in terms of performance, and sheer performance per Rupee that this car suddenly becomes so attractive...
Around the track (especially in bad conditions with AWD) this car can embarrass a car costing 3times as much. And thats the pleasure you get from an impreza STi or a mitsuEVO.
These things can really blow your socks of, and leave your wallet intact!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]How much would it cost after getting it to India?

Apparently, on the road, all good paperwork (so it is said), this thing should put you back about 24-25L

cheers
R

lugnut diff might be for theft protection i guess, usually alloys will have a set of keys which is supplied along with them to be used for removal of the nuts or the cover that covers them..

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Jaggu @ Aug. 11 2004,13:41)]lugnut diff might be for theft protection i guess, usually alloys will have a set of keys which is supplied along with them to be used for removal of the nuts or the cover that covers them..

ahhh..... makes sense. Thanks.

Im sure a lot of people would love to get their hands on those alloys!...

R

Old man wants to know two things.
1.Does Brembo come as OE?
2.Why one wheel nut has star tip like Mont Blanc?

Just Curious Rehaan.
This is the Type-UK 265PS WRX STi, Which should be Approx 25,000 Quids in UK. So 24-25L in India sounds like a Bargain. And I know he's asking that much. Somethings Fishy to me? Could someone clear this out for me?
And yeah there arent Original Keys to this! .
And besides, we all know the history of "this" Dealer (no offence).

mama mia!! drool stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]This is the Type-UK 265PS WRX STi, Which should be Approx 25,000 Quids in UK.

Umm its around 22,000 pounds now. So an approximate 18 lakhs there. Honestly its the right price. Look at it this way that the car is imported from Japan into the UK. So u pay import duties plus VAT plus registration plus insurance and other taxes and levies applicable. In India u pay import duties plus octroi plus insurance registration and other taxes as and when applicable. So 24-26 lakhs isn't exactly bargain price... its pretty much the right price, since the car duties and taxes are applicable on a car imported from Japan, not UK.

Revv

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 10 2004,22:58)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ].i guess I think you can squeeze better performance, looks and luxury from some other cars...at almost the same price give or take few thousand.

You are kidding, right? For maximum bang for the buck....nothing beats the EVO and STi. The beauty of these cars is that they bring Ferrari-like performance in the hands of regular car guys like you and me. A 0 - 100 of 4 seconds with razor sharp handling and stupendously strong braking is no longer the stronghold of only $100,000 cars. These road rally machines have made supercar performance so much more accessible to a much wider audience.

Heres some Top Gear lap times, credit to Pferderstarke and his Top Gear Lap Time thread

Lamborghini Gallardo * * * * * *- 1:25.8
Corvette C6 * * * * * * * * * * * - 1:26.0 *
Mitsubishi Evo8 MR FQ 320 * *- 1:26.0
TVR 350C * * * * * * * * * * * * *- 1:27.0
Spyker C8 * * * * * * * * * * * * - 1:27.3 *
MG SV * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- 1:28.6
Mistuishi EVO8 (301hp FQ) * - 1:28.9
Alpina Z8 * * * * * * * * * * * * * - 1:29.0
Subaru Impreza STi WR1 * * * - 1:29.4
Subaru Impreza STI * * * * * * - 1:30.1
Aston Martin DB7 GT * * * * * *- 1:30.9
Audi S4 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *- 1:30.9
Vauxhaul VX220 Turbo * * * * *- 1:31.3
BMW M3 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - 1:31.8
Mazda RX-8 * * * * * * * * * * * * *- 1:31.8
Nissan 350Z * * * * * * * * * * * * - 1:31.8
Ford Focus RS * * * * * * * * * * * - 1:32.2
Espirit V8 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * - 1:32.5
Audi TT V6 * * * * * * * * * * * * * - 1:32.7
Volkswagen Golf R32 * * * * * * *- 1:33.3

GTO

I said you can squeese better performance, I didnt say there are cars with this kind of performance...lets take G35 for example 6mt costs around 33 bare bones, impreza I think is around 47-48k in USD without tax right in about 17 thousand dollars I can make G35/skyline out perform, out handle and out class(luxury, elegance and build quality) the subaru... there is this guy with 450 hp in the G35 with stage III changes that will make him 600 hp with awesome body kits which I think is costing him a total of 50k or something, now that will atleast perform the same if not make the subaru ea dust...

Thats what I meant...give that car to stig and I am sure he will show you...I saw the video the evo ate this car alive..in terms of handling and also round the track..

btw i am taking about the 2004 Subaru Impreza WR1..

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ Aug. 11 2004,10:17)]
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]This is the Type-UK 265PS WRX STi, Which should be Approx 25,000 Quids in UK.

Umm its around 22,000 pounds now. So an approximate 18 lakhs there. Honestly its the right price. Look at it this way that the car is imported from Japan into the UK. So u pay import duties plus VAT plus registration plus insurance and other taxes and levies applicable. In India u pay import duties plus octroi plus insurance registration and other taxes as and when applicable. So 24-26 lakhs isn't exactly bargain price... its pretty much the right price, since the car duties and taxes are applicable on a car imported from Japan, not UK.

Revv

I thought UK had no duties or if they had, they were bare minimum like the US 2.5% or something..I am not sure on this, I could be wrong, plus the 2004 Subaru Impreza WR1 is 30k quids on road..so it comes to 25+k which on india roads will come to 47 lakhs if not more..

L8r

Around 25 lakhs is a good deal man! I would prefer it to a Merc C or the BMW 3 series.
But if the car is approximately 18 lakhs then after the import duty won't it be somewhere close to 36 lakhs? What i heard was that the import duty is over 100%.
I still doubt whether a new car like this after import would only cost 25 lakhs. .Well, i may be wrong though.