Team-BHP - Pics : White Subaru Impreza WRX STi in Mumbai (Updated with more pics)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics : White Subaru Impreza WRX STi in Mumbai (Updated with more pics) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/2088-pics-white-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-mumbai-updated-more-pics-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (dan400 @ Aug. 11 2004,10:58)]Around 25 lakhs is a good deal man! I would prefer it to a Merc C or the BMW 3 series.
But if the car is approximately 18 lakhs then after the import duty won't it be somewhere close to 36 lakhs? What i heard was that the import duty is over 100%.
I still doubt whether a new car like this after import would only cost 25 lakhs. .Well, i may be wrong though.

You are correct it wouldnt be, I am sure the ones they are talking about is around 25k USD which if imported comes to 26 lakhs and also its the one where the 0-60 time is 5.6 or something like that, also you cant really compare this to a C or a 3, becuase they serve different purposes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Aug. 11 2004,19:49)]Old man wants to know two things.
1.Does Brembo come as OE?
2.Why one wheel nut has star tip like Mont Blanc?

1. Yes
2. Regarding the Mont Blanc wheelnut look 2posts above your post with this question! Jaggu has answered it.

Ps - PS, wouldnt it work out cheaper if it was brought in from Japan and not the Uk..... either way..im not good with this pricing stuff...just was saying what i know. cya

great pictures dippy and nice of the guy to let you take a look athis car. im never that lucky, now to find that guy in the black C4S. frankly, an EVO8 does outdo the Subaru in terms of performance and handling and in that case probably the track too. EVO does have more electronics such as Active Yaw Control and a few more, but id presonally prefer the Scooby. this one has a certain charm about it and it has a Boxer engine, and i LOVE boxer engines. ideally it should have had a better CG than the EVO and handled better too, but i guess electronics do much more to overcome the the advantage a lower CG would have.
but i think we should wait for the ultimate 400 bhp EVO VFQ which is one thecards. rumoured 3.9 0-60mph, thats CGT category. damn..

Master Revv I guess I didnt make myself clear. What I am saying is that this car IS imported from UK! And Considering THAT fact, it is fairly cheap.
Anyway C4S not starting any Arguement, but this shouldnt be compared to the supped up G35, I like Infiniti Specially the Tricked out ones, But you know even the STis and EVOs have endless possibilities of modifications available. I've seen a few Bug Eyed versions doing 320 KMPH + ... But thats not the point of STis and EVOs. They make cars for Pure OffRoading pleasure in Dirt / Gravel / Lose Tarmac etc. though I admit Mitsubishi after EVO VI have changed their focus of Rallying and Make their EVOs for Track Purposes (and they are doing it quite well *on track as quick as a Gallardo is "HATS OFF"*), But Subaru has still Stuck to their roots. Recent Tests by Best Motoring Proved it, at Fuji International Motorway, the STi WR1 was 1 second slower than the EVO MR-FQ (in the time attack) But the WR1 Won Hands down on Touge Showdown (basically a rough tarmac "rally-style" route). The EVO was Bumpy and all over the place, whereas the STi was planted on the road, and they said that Here is where the Handling and Grips matter more (in the real world).
By the way the one that u were talking about is not the STi (0 - 60 in 5.6 or something is just the WRX).

Yes Rehaan, It'd be much more cheaper to import Jap Cars from Japan itself but yet most of them coming in are from UK / MiddleEast (and its likes). , Dont know the Purpose behind it though.. Thats why asked the Gurus for a clarification.

Isnt Evo factory tuned, so basically what we do aftermarket on our cars, mitsubishi already did it for us, so why is it I cant compare the G35 suped up to an already supped up lancer/wrx?? I mean factory does it or you do it, isnt it the same?? I am sure the VQ engine of the skyline could also have endless possibilities??

I am also not arguing, its just my opinion that these 2 cars are really bare bones and boring/outdated for me..

and when you said I was talking about WRX, yes i know, I was only trying to justify the 25 landed price for the WRX cuz the sti, is way too expensive to land in the 25 lakh range atleast if brought in from UK it is..

Also do you really think the difference from UK and japan is going to be a whole lot? I know from japan and US is not a whole lot..but then again everything in UK is soo much more expensive..

Cheers

thats nice...:) Too bad its not the US version though..300hp with 300lbs/ft of trq!!!!!

PH... 400 hp is good news. But 3.9 isn't. Look at it this way, the FQ300 does 0-100 in 4.5 seconds, the FQ330 in 4.1. So 3.9 seems rather slow. Which brings my next point, has the car come to the limits of what can be done to it?

Look at the design and chassis. Its roots are in the 93-94 era and not much really has changed, as in chassis evolution since the platform remains the same. The idea has just been tweaked around and honestly what Mitsu have really done is with the other things in the package like suspensions and yaw control but not chassis. Also i guess the engine has a limit to which it can supply the torque to those wheels and how the power is put down, indicating that above 330 things seem to be that there isnt any good AWHP in result.

I did read that the Evo VIII is the last incarnation of this range after which an all new platform would be developed. Will it happen is for time to speak.

PS and C4S, the scooby retails for a price slightly lower than the Evo. But the WRX variant of the Scooby is more expensive than the 265 hp standard Evo. To each his own as far as what they think about their rice cars, but there is no denying that the Impreza and Evo have left their permanent mark on what many call "affordable ferrari experience".

Revv

i agree, but this was just something that i read, not necessarily in favour of it, not a supporter of the HP wars you see. i think this 400 bhp incarnation is going to be the last in the range of EVOs. the new platform will probably have a lot more to offer dynamically, but hopefully will have less electronics, but then thats highly unlikely.

The blue wrx is owned by Mr Pratabsingh Gaikwad of Baroda.The white one is for sale.I have beaten the shit of that white one.Its fast and not scary,AWD thats why.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I have beaten the shit of that white one.Its fast and not scary,AWD thats why.

In which car? Did you street race from point A to B, or was it a drag race?

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I have beaten the shit of that white one.

Its all relative man! I've beaten the hell outa the SL55 on my Pulsar dammit...dont make it faster now does it!

Rt

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (KS Motorsport @ Aug. 27 2004,13:05)]I have beaten the shit of that white one.Its fast and not scary,AWD thats why.

GTO/Rtech,

I think he means he was driving it (due to the second half of the quoted comment) ?

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (KS Motorsport @ Aug. 27 2004,13:05)]The blue wrx is owned by Mr Pratabsingh Gaikwad of Baroda.The white one is for sale.I have beaten the shit of that white one.Its fast and not scary,AWD thats why.

Verrry true.Its indeed not scary....
But wot i think he meant is not a drag.....Its fast.
And moreso,these cars are not fun to drive on our Indian Roads.They require proper track kinda roads which can literally give them the sorta push they need.
I`ve seen the Evo VI literally starve for breath near worli.

Well one more for the speed run I got to see this baby run man it wll be awsome

Hi,
By saying the i have beaten the car,i mean that i have used the car on the same roads were we test our cars.If in the citys and lancer i am taking 90 degree turns at 70 then in this i was doing it at 90-100.the brakes r toooo good.the car does not slide or anything like that.The AWD gives any one the confidance to rule the road!

I hope u have understood the statement i made earlier.I dont mean to sound arrogant,but i just cant explain my experince with that WRX.May be my english vocabulary doesnot support my expression and feelings.

Karan