Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 08:33   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911987 View Post
Thanks for the welcome Unknownsatan.Good guess, yes the 911 is now with us.My son will be posting more frequently than me. My main reason for posting was to acknowledge and appreciate the way mlcarrera dealt with us.Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawa911 View Post
Hi everyone,911987 and I came back from chennai to Bangalore last night in mlcarreras 911.
Great to see you people here. Hope to see your beauty in bangy often. Keep her safe
@Mlcarrera-Credit goes to you for welcoming Bawa911 & 911987 to this forum
Old 29th May 2009, 09:14   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911987 View Post

f450 to answer your question, mlcarrera's 911 performed flawlessly all the way from Chennai to Bangalore, albeit in wet conditons, ( a genuine tribute to an impeccably maintained car from a true gentleman) and ended with a surplus of 171 km. running left in her ,off a full tank of Speed 97 fuel after covering 360+ km.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisition!

360 kms on a single tank is excellent mileage for a sports car. It also says a lot about your driving skills!

Thanks for clarifying that, but if you did run out of fuel, would you have filled it up with normal petrol?
Old 29th May 2009, 09:30   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Great to see you people here. Hope to see your beauty in bangy often. Keep her safe
@Mlcarrera-Credit goes to you for welcoming Bawa911 & 911987 to this forum
Hi unknowsatan, a little correction there, we met thanks to this forum , its a crazy story
Old 29th May 2009, 10:09   #844
Senior - BHPian

Wow ! one big happy family. Sad part is that one exotic is out of chennai.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:42   #845
Team-BHP Support

Nice to see the car staying within the TBHP family

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
...Out of curiosity, when you drove from Chennai to Bangalore, the car was bound to run out of 97 Oct right? Since all bunks don't store 97 Oct, what did you do? Filled it up with normal petrol?
What i would do :
Say the car had a 40liter tank, and i know that it would take 50ltrs to get to where i'm going.

I would fill the tank full with 97 octane, start driving until i've burnt about 10liters and then top up the tank once again (with whatever is available eg. 91).

This way the average octane after the 2nd tank-up is still 3/4*97 + 1/4*91 = 95.5octane.

Unlike if you used up all the 97 and then put in 91 on an empty tank.

Another advantage is that this will help "dilute" any adulteration etc that you might encounter at a shady pump along the way.

cya
R
Old 29th May 2009, 22:19   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Wow ! one big happy family. Sad part is that one exotic is out of chennai.
Best part is that one more exotic is entering Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
Hi unknowsatan, a little correction there, we met thanks to this forum , its a crazy story
Wow! Thats great. As those posts were their first posts,i thought you would have invited
Old 30th May 2009, 00:25   #847
Senior - BHPian

I've been seeing a lot of Q7's on the road lately and Audi hasn't even bothered to open a showroom here yet!.I head one is opening in July.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-chennai-151-large.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-chennai-150-large.jpg  

Old 30th May 2009, 01:05   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
I know what you mean. It's the only sports car that can even be considered for daily use, even in India!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Nice to see the car staying within the TBHP family

What i would do :
Say the car had a 40liter tank, and i know that it would take 50ltrs to get to where i'm going.

I would fill the tank full with 97 octane, start driving until i've burnt about 10liters and then top up the tank once again (with whatever is available eg. 91).

This way the average octane after the 2nd tank-up is still 3/4*97 + 1/4*91 = 95.5octane.

Unlike if you used up all the 97 and then put in 91 on an empty tank.

Another advantage is that this will help "dilute" any adulteration etc that you might encounter at a shady pump along the way.

cya
R
I've actually been toying with the thought of sticking a bottle of STP octane booster in with a full tank of Speed 97. I'm a little worried that the unknown additives in Speed 97 may clash with the STP stuff. I met an M5 owner a couple of weeks ago who told me that he feels a big difference in his car's performance with the Octane booster.

Just out of interest, how much would the octane rating go up if I used a bottle of STP Octane Booster with 60 litres of Speed 97?
Old 30th May 2009, 13:12   #849
BHPian

Thanks f450 for the welcome.No great driving skills involved in bringing the 911 down from Chennai to Bangalore.Roads were wet, was driving after dark, never driven a high performance car before, just let her roll along in 4th and 5th gear most of the way rarely exceeding 3000 rpm except for short overtaking bursts in 2nd and 3rd , road was excellent, car did not bottom even once( though anyone driving this route in a car with low ground clearance, anything under 140 mm , needs to be careful 60 km. from Bangalore right upto Koramangala, thanks to haphazard road work).
As far as mileage goes, had the remaining distance on fuel in tank indicated all the way.ml carrera had given me sound advice on topping up with lower grade fuel which I will not repeat as Rehaan has given details a couple of poste above this which match the advice I received to the tee.
Good luck.
Old 30th May 2009, 16:10   #850
Senior - BHPian

I hope no one here owns any of these!.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-chennai-162-large.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-chennai-158-large.jpg  

Old 30th May 2009, 17:04   #851
BHPian

i spotted a blue bentley cfs today...couldn click pics though..any idea whose is it???...it had a delhi registration

shiv
Old 30th May 2009, 18:37   #852
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
....Just out of interest, how much would the octane rating go up if I used a bottle of STP Octane Booster with 60 litres of Speed 97?
Kbk,

I'm guessing that would depend on the octane rating of the booster - though i cant really answer that question accurately.

Check out these two threads :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ally-work.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...tane-fuel.html

cya
R
Old 31st May 2009, 22:33   #853
Senior - BHPian

Spotted these two Germans today.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-chennai-166-large.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-chennai-169-large.jpg  

Old 31st May 2009, 22:57   #854
BHPian

@nickatnite - That's a good snap of the MB ML with ride height increased.

Saw the silver Chrysler 300C (MP-regd) at DMS signal yesterday night on the way to the airport, he was taking the U-turn, didn't take a photo as mobile camera isn't good enought for night shots.

The airport parking disappointed too, just the usual E-classes and an X5...
Old 3rd June 2009, 19:13   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
@nickatnite - That's a good snap of the MB ML with ride height increased.

Saw the silver Chrysler 300C (MP-regd) at DMS signal yesterday night on the way to the airport, he was taking the U-turn, didn't take a photo as mobile camera isn't good enought for night shots.

The airport parking disappointed too, just the usual E-classes and an X5...
Thanks!. I think the height increase makes the car look better!. I liked the color of this car.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-chennai-148-large.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-chennai-147-large.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks