Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 14:53   #91
BHPian

Holy Shiite!!! Its the only Shelby in India period!!!
RHD conversion....
Anyone know the Shelby Serial No for this car?
Old 5th April 2008, 15:35   #92
Senior - BHPian

Astonishing!! would have looked ravishingly astonishing in Black and gold stripes!!
Old 5th April 2008, 16:44   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I had to make a guess, I'd say, with a load of excessive costs, etc...in the region of 50-55 lakhs.
There is no way such an exclusive car would go for a bargain that you've quoted.
Old 5th April 2008, 16:51   #94
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
There is no way such an exclusive car would go for a bargain that you've quoted.
my guess would be 60 - 65 to the max...
Old 5th April 2008, 19:17   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, brand new, they cost $40k ish. That's less than 20 lakh rupees. I'm taking into consideration duty, conversion and costs of having it shipped to your door for the ease of convenience, which is what these guys have done for Saif. The price I've stated is 50-55 lakhs, which is $120-130k. Doesn't $80-90k seem like a good enough premium on a $40k car? Remember, it's still just a tuned Mustang, one of the most affordable sports cars in America...by Ford. It's not a Ford GT here we're talking about.
Old 5th April 2008, 19:23   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It's not exclusive . Its a nice car, but not exclusive. It would be exclusive if you mean that it is the only one in the country.
Old 5th April 2008, 19:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
my guess would be 60 - 65 to the max...
Yep. +1. That sounds just about right. Any thing more ,it becomes unreal.
Old 5th April 2008, 19:25   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
It's not exclusive . Its a nice car, but not exclusive. It would be exclusive if you mean that it is the only one in the country.
At present, it probably IS the only one in the country, which still doesn't obviously justify anything skywards of 60 lakhs.
Old 5th April 2008, 19:31   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
At present, it probably IS the only one in the country, which still doesn't obviously justify anything skywards of 60 lakhs.

Eggjactly my point biddu! lol.
Old 5th April 2008, 19:53   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Eggjactly my point biddu! lol.
Ah, misread that. Thought you were justifying what mutual exclusivity meant to him by stating how it would be exclusive if it were the only car in the country, rather than the fact that you were perhaps justifying his take on the term exclusive.
Old 6th April 2008, 07:26   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Well, brand new, they cost $40k ish. That's less than 20 lakh rupees. I'm taking into consideration duty, conversion and costs of having it shipped to your door for the ease of convenience, which is what these guys have done for Saif. The price I've stated is 50-55 lakhs, which is $120-130k. Doesn't $80-90k seem like a good enough premium on a $40k car? Remember, it's still just a tuned Mustang, one of the most affordable sports cars in America...by Ford. It's not a Ford GT here we're talking about.
Well its about 50k in the US, that is if you can get one @ MSRP, but i am sure you can for a little over like 5 k or something, then conversion costs about 20-25k usd, so with everything included you will be @ about 150 USD or about 60L.

BTW, nice choice saif, but still not the best one with the money you have..if you want ford and a muscle car i would have gone with a Ford GT which would have been a little shy of continental GT landed in india..1.65cr i believe..

Last edited by 1Day : 6th April 2008 at 07:29.
Old 6th April 2008, 10:29   #102
Senior - BHPian

Just checked with a friend of mine who knows someone who imports cars ( In Delhi ). This would have cost with all proper Import Duties, Custom Clearance & Registeration and Insurance around 48.8 Lacs !!!

If I ever had this kind of money to blow on a car, I'd buy this than an E-Class or 5 Series Beemer !! What say ??
Old 6th April 2008, 11:14   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
That is BS.

You can import any car you want as long as it is a right hand drive and the engine is 3000 cc and above. It can be a maximum of 3 years old only if its a used car.

But dude!! ofcourse any vehicle can be imported. but there are ways to beat Indian tax laws. and people uses it often.

its not correct that you can import vehcile over 3ltr only.
Old 6th April 2008, 12:23   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
But dude!! ofcourse any vehicle can be imported. but there are ways to beat Indian tax laws. and people uses it often.

its not correct that you can import vehcile over 3ltr only.
Really?? I'd like to know in what way you can beat the law, how many cars under 3000cc have been imported recently(without it coming on TR)that you know of. Why do you think these guys aren't getting EVO's & Impreza's? Or R33 & R34 Skylines? Supra's? There are lots of people willing to buy those over the exotics.

Even I know that a lot of "jhol" can be done in this country, but its such a pain in the *** to even get the one's that you can get officially, who would want to go through the headache of getting it unofficially? Besides, you always have the DRI to worry about.

Last edited by straight6 : 6th April 2008 at 12:29.
Old 6th April 2008, 14:01   #105
Senior - BHPian

my guess is tht this car is no more than 60L for on the road in india.

wuld prefer a 5 series beemer over it any day..

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (tht = that, wuld = would, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2008 at 15:00. Reason: Please see note in post.
fx45 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks