Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2008, 16:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
wuld prefer a 5 series beemer over it any day..

If it's the M5, yes. Standard 5 series, may be not. Not for 60 L.. Buy the Cayman S or 911 stock for that.
Old 6th April 2008, 16:27   #107
Senior - BHPian

well thats a secret.! Ok! visit sikkim once and you will know.! its the only state in india that I know of that has lot of relaxations, even 0 incometax watsoever.

Why I have the notion that there are to few car enthusiast and more leg pullers here!!

Bhai! I write the things that I have experienced myself. If its not okay with you its your problem.

Thanks

Peace.!

K.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2008 at 02:11. Reason: merged
Old 6th April 2008, 16:51   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
well thats a secret.! Ok! visit sikkim once and you will know.! its the only state in india that I know of that has lot of relaxations, even 0 incometax watsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Why I have the notion that there are to few car enthusiast and more leg pullers here!!

Bhai! I write the things that I have experienced myself. If its not okay with you its your problem.

Thanks

Peace.!

K.
You say things like "thats a secret" and you say there are less car enthusiasts? If you really are one then you should share what you know as long as you are not harming anyone.

Besides, you still haven't told us which cars you have "experienced yourself" that are here after bypassing the law. Asking people to visit some state is not really practical you know .
Old 6th April 2008, 16:55   #109
Senior - BHPian

coz someone managed to import a Santa fe in sikkim from bhutan.

well as far as I know, its world wide web. you never know if an honest comment may or may not harm someone.

and aren't we deviating from beautiful Cobra

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2008 at 02:11. Reason: Use the EDIT button to add to a post within 20 minutes of posting. Do not post multiple consecutive posts. Last warning.
Old 6th April 2008, 18:02   #110
Senior - BHPian

Saif, I presume it was, tearing up and down Reclamation today, a couple of hours ago in his GT500. That thing sounds brilliant. Could hear it all the way to my balcony!!
Old 6th April 2008, 20:09   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
BTW, nice choice saif, but still not the best one with the money you have..if you want ford and a muscle car i would have gone with a Ford GT
Hmm for that money , or may be a bit more, I would've bought the ultimate collector's car. The Ford GTX1 . What say?
Old 6th April 2008, 21:24   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Hmm for that money , or may be a bit more, I would've bought the ultimate collector's car. The Ford GTX1 . What say?
Great choice. The upgrade from a GT to a GTX1 is the price of a new Shelby GT500 ~ $50k.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 6th April 2008 at 21:34.
Old 7th April 2008, 00:17   #113
BHPian

Well If I were Saif, I would've put my money on a Roush rather than the Shelby GT500...At least Roush did the suspension and brakes...The Shelby still has the live axel, and at that power bump over stock I would say it's a health risk!
Old 7th April 2008, 00:57   #114
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Well If I were Saif, I would've put my money on a Roush rather than the Shelby GT500...
Exactly! My first question was how much does Roush cost? Anyways, great looking car. It doesnt matter as Shelby GT500 is also too much for the streets of Mumbai, leave alone Roush!
Old 7th April 2008, 01:01   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Exactly! My first question was how much does Roush cost? Anyways, great looking car. It doesnt matter as Shelby GT500 is also too much for the streets of Mumbai, leave alone Roush!
Roush packages are like a 25k premium on the Mustang's price.
Old 7th April 2008, 03:17   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
cost is obviously not a factor here...He probably was not aware of Roush. by the way, the Roush mustang is less powerful than the Shelby...The Shelby has a larger blower. So the Roush looses in a straight line. But they've done the suspension and the brakes, which means the car can turn.

My uncle has a white Mustang GTin Cali, it's his weekend car. The power in a straight line is great, just don't try to turn it!!!

NOTE: In the last pic, the Mustang, F-350, and Honda Odyssey belong to my uncle, The Galant is my Brother's [It pushes a little over 250hp at wheels] [Oh and my house is in Pic 2]
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Shelby GT500 Ford Mustang Cobra in Mumbai-23062007097.jpg  

Pics: Shelby GT500 Ford Mustang Cobra in Mumbai-23062007098.jpg  

Pics: Shelby GT500 Ford Mustang Cobra in Mumbai-23062007099.jpg  

Old 7th April 2008, 09:09   #117
Senior - BHPian

Sweet Mustang DocG. All it needs is some racing stripes. They look damn good on a white car. Blue ones perhaps?
Old 7th April 2008, 13:35   #118
BHPian

@DocG, love the dooley and the stang... by the way isn't that an El Camino parked out in front of the Odyssey, those look real sweet.
Old 7th April 2008, 15:40   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
if tis a ford- can the "actor" take it to the local ford dealership incase any isssues crop up?
yeah, they might probably give you an estimate of 10L for an oil service.
Old 7th April 2008, 17:52   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Sweet Mustang DocG. All it needs is some racing stripes. They look damn good on a white car. Blue ones perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
@DocG, love the dooley and the stang... by the way isn't that an El Camino parked out in front of the Odyssey, those look real sweet.
Well the whole point of the car in white was to have it understated...Racing stripes don't really help a car look sedate
In fact those 19" American Racing [I think] were slapped on there by my brother who borrows this car quite often. Though the rims on my bro's Bishi are killer 19" AR...
I have a pic of my unc's mini somewhere on my comp, will hunt for that, also we got a 330 there, but it was bought after I left, so don't have any pics of that, will get more this summer hopefully. there are plans of adding a vert to the stable...

yes that's an El Camino, belongs to my neighbour...it's a project car, and he's sticking a Chevy LS2 in it...it should push some serious power after that!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks