Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2011, 03:21   #3121
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Guys it breaks my heart to bring out this news, just got info that the Super Charged Red R8 had a real bad crash, guess it has been totalled! Got no other info about when where and how it happened, but my guess is it might have crashed on the ORR. Heard it had major damage to the front section, praying that the occupants got out safe. Will give an update when I get more info about it.
Old 10th July 2011, 07:09   #3122
Senior - BHPian

Oh, that's sad. As chances are that of a high speed crash, I assume it would take nothing less than a miracle for the occupants to come out unscathed. I hope they are doing well. Do update.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:23   #3123
Senior - BHPian

Adito Gupto posted a picture of the crashed R8 on the Supercars in Hyderabad Facebook fan page.

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-264624_10150699980255578_723355577_19488629_4190868_n.jpg
Old 10th July 2011, 13:34   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
That's a E-Coupe, not a CL. It should be E350.
i knew something was off. the pic is kinda blurry, so i made an optimistic guess!
Old 11th July 2011, 08:59   #3125
BANNED

I've seen quite a few things yesterday, XJ's, Discos, XFRs,and Range Rovers. But I yawned.

I was at the Cinemax movie ticket counter yesterday, when this happened. I noticed people behind me crowding and staring at something, still paid no attention. I actually didn't see it first, but the trademark feature of the AM's allured me when I heard a loud growl.

More than the car's appearance, people(including me) were absolutely captivated and mystified by the sound of the 6 litre V12. I've read about Astons sounding wonderful but man, this was so pleasant to the ears. I have not heard any car as pleasant as this for ages. When it changed from idle to low growl , that was pretty much the million dollar moment. Sounded like a very refined American Muscle car. You could tell how meaty and muscular the engine was just by hearing it.

And before the driver pulled away, he blipped the throttle again. Those 3 seconds were beyond awesome. What a car. Simply astounding.

I think the last picture pretty much sums up the presence of this car.Pictures don't do this car justice, you have to hear it to believe it. This Rapide is without a doubt the finest sounding 4 door in the entire state of Andhra Pradesh.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-d33rapide1wm.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-d33rapide3wm.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-d33rapide4wm.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-d33rapide5wm.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-d33rapide6wm.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by D33-PAC : 11th July 2011 at 09:12.
D33-PAC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 13:49   #3126
Senior - BHPian

Nice catch Deepak!
The same Rapide was spotted at Beenz along with the silver XF-R (with which it shares garage).

My friend spotted the DropHead Coupe, with its top down, at J Hills check-post. Sorry, no pics though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
I've seen quite a few things yesterday, XJ's, Discos, XFRs,and Range Rovers. But I yawned.

The next time you spot an XF-R, do bless us with your yellow pics! (just kidding bro, I hope you don't take any offence to it).

Last edited by shyn : 11th July 2011 at 13:51.
shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2011, 21:51   #3127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Nice catch Deepak!
The same Rapide was spotted at Beenz along with the silver XF-R (with which it shares garage).
The Rapide is oh-so-beautiful ! IMO those are the best set of rim options available for the Rapide.

Anyways the only 4 door sedans in town which could give the Rapide some competition are the Maser Quattroporte, S65 AMG, the Black Panamera Turbo with the Techart Exhaust's or probably the bunch of Bentley CFS Speed's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
My friend spotted the DropHead Coupe, with its top down, at J Hills check-post. Sorry, no pics though.
Damn that would have been quite a sight ! The DHC IMO is one of the most beautiful piece of Automotive Art on Wheels ever to be made ! Was lucky to have seen it a couple of times parked at its residence. Definetly amongst the Pride of the Town.

Last edited by ShortShifter : 11th July 2011 at 21:57.
Old 12th July 2011, 01:51   #3128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
The Rapide is oh-so-beautiful ! IMO those are the best set of rim options available for the Rapide.

Anyways the only 4 door sedans in town which could give the Rapide some competition are the Maser Quattroporte, S65 AMG, the Black Panamera Turbo with the Techart Exhaust's or probably the bunch of Bentley CFS Speed's.

Damn that would have been quite a sight ! The DHC IMO is one of the most beautiful piece of Automotive Art on Wheels ever to be made ! Was lucky to have seen it a couple of times parked at its residence. Definetly amongst the Pride of the Town.
I have seen the white beauty today at Cream stone at around 11:30 pm
Old 12th July 2011, 13:13   #3129
BANNED

The Maserati GranTurismo. According to ShortShifter it shares a garage with a whole bunch of other exotics, including the city's newest EWB Phantom.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-d33maser1.jpg  

Old 12th July 2011, 14:31   #3130
BANNED

^Yes, their garage also has a carrerra GT and an SLS AMG silver.
Old 12th July 2011, 14:42   #3131
BHPian

Carrera GT? Where is that car based? Not in India surely.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:10   #3132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik-zza View Post
Carrera GT? Where is that car based? Not in India surely.
Supposedly it is already in the state.Yeah it's a LHD but I think the entrance of the Veyron(HYD has 2) into India should make the existence of a Carrera GT plausible.

Below: XJL SuperSports , I hope this doesn't mean the Phantom is sold.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-arkayxjlss.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-bluexf.jpg  

Last edited by D33-PAC : 12th July 2011 at 17:12.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:14   #3133
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Supposedly it is already in the state.Yeah it's a RHD but I think the entrance of the Veyron(HYD has 2) into India should make the existence of a Carrera GT plausible.

XJL Supersports? I guess its the XJL, not the Supersports model. Btw does India has any XJL Supersports yet?

AFAIK, there were two Carrera GT's in Mumbai for display, a silver and a red. The Carrera GT in Hyd is a big news. Probably by far India's first Carrera GT, apart from the display cars. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:18   #3134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Supposedly it is already in the state.Yeah it's a LHD but I think the entrance of the Veyron(HYD has 2) into India should make the existence of a Carrera GT plausible.

Don't worry, the White RR Phantom is here to stay.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:20   #3135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
XJL Supersports? I guess its the XJL, not the Supersports model. Btw does India has any XJL Supersports yet?

AFAIK, there were two Carrera GT's in Mumbai for display, a silver and a red. The Carrera GT in Hyd is a big news. Probably by far India's first Carrera GT, apart from the display cars. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Well according to Sources a SuperSports XJL of the same color was spotted on Temp plates. I couldn't really tell but I assumed as we don't know anyone else in town with an XJL Supersports of the same color on temp plates.

BTW: This is without doubt India's first CGT .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks