Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 18:11   #841
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
That is the one! A regular or resort owners??
This car prolly belongs to the owner of one of the famous multiplexes in Chennai.
Old 29th September 2013, 18:21   #842
BHPian

The R8 began it's second run after a U-turn through the porch on the left of the screen, only slowing down for a speed hump early into the straight, after passing me (Orange circle!) and careening into the pedestrian and eventually the fence to the villas around the pool!!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-screencapture1.png  

Edmund is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 09:48   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
This car prolly belongs to the owner of one of the famous multiplexes in Chennai.
It has been sold to someone else 8 months ago
Old 30th September 2013, 10:11   #844
BHPian

Quote:
The R8 began it's second run after a U-turn through the porch on the left of the screen, only slowing down for a speed hump early into the straight, after passing me (Orange circle!) and careening into the pedestrian and eventually the fence to the villas around the pool!!
Saw the R8 in Radisson Blu on Friday (Sept 27th) afternoon and evening but it was parked and still intact !
Old 30th September 2013, 11:43   #845
BHPian

Quote:
@Warwithwheels: That is the one! A regular or resort owners??
@Thad E Ginathom: I agree that it is very reckless behaviour, I condemm this blatant, rash abuse of power and was there to see the bikes at the Southern H.O.G meet.
Such a pity to see such wonderful machines abused in such a wrong way. Hope the guy comes out of his injuries soon. I am sure the owner might have handed it to one of his over-enthu friends who had never had a taste of such raw power and i am sure if he would have crossed the resort out onto the roads he would have caused a much larger scale of desctruction.
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 18:53   #846
Senior - BHPian

Really sad to hear such things. Money can buy you great cars, but not common sense. Imagine the plight of the poor staff who was hurt. This was not reported in the media, so was hushed up.

I believe the lad's parents should be punished for this atrocious act.
mail4ajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 09:14   #847
Senior - BHPian

A new Yellow 2013 model BMW superbike riden at a speed above 100 kmph crashed into a footpath and into a tree opposite Navrathna apartments on 17th cross of malleswaram Bangalore yesterday. The rider's helmet broke into three pieces and the rider died of multiple injuries. very depressing headlines!

TBhpians, please enjoy your supercars and superbikes responsibly and remember your loved ones! please drive safe always! avoid temptations of speed tests and drag racing at odd hours even when the roads look apparently empty!
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:29   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay kamath View Post
A new Yellow 2013 model BMW superbike riden at a speed above 100 kmph crashed into a footpath and into a tree opposite Navrathna apartments on 17th cross of malleswaram Bangalore yesterday. The rider's helmet broke into three pieces and the rider died of multiple injuries. very depressing headlines!

TBhpians, please enjoy your supercars and superbikes responsibly and remember your loved ones! please drive safe always! avoid temptations of speed tests and drag racing at odd hours even when the roads look apparently empty!
A very sad incident indeed.This guy was also a small time actor.
Got more details from the hindu.
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle5194684.ece
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 18:18   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
A very sad incident indeed.This guy was also a small time actor. Got more details from the hindu.
Here are the Pictures. Crazy youngster driving north of 100 KMPH in City. As they say money cannot buy common sense.

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-bmw_1.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-bmw_2.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-bmw_3.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-bmw_4.jpg
Sarvodaya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 00:41   #850
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a M3 convertible with bad rear end damage at the BLR service centre.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img_2468.jpg  

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img_2469.jpg  

Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 00:57   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Here are the Pictures. Crazy youngster driving north of 100 KMPH in City. As they say money cannot buy common sense.

Attachment 1147507

Attachment 1147508

Attachment 1147509

Attachment 1147510
The cables that were lying on the road caused the accident . BBMP should be one that should be sued and jailed.

Here is the fact from the person who was there - "Inaccurate reporting. I was one of the first few people to reach the spot as it happened right in front of my apartment. There was no blood shed as reported here. He was shuddering and unconscious. His bike had cables(probably from the local broadband service providers) tangled around its wheels. No attention was paid to it. No auto took him. There was one kind lady in a read Skoda i Guess who volunteered to shift him to the hospital. Hatss off ma'am. Appreciate your courage. Ambulance helpline (108) was use less. I called them for 10min. There was no one to pick up the call. Police helpline was reachable after 15min. Police landed there after much deliberation. I stood there till the police landed. Me and my husband wound the other cables on the road that were lying low to near by trees. Sad state of Bangalore city. I'm super pissed. Lost my confidence on the emergency helplines."

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-1209100_10153303873950156_1392456686_n.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-1378345_10151882304987270_1494306525_n.jpg

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-1379643_10151882305432270_1362881287_n.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 11th October 2013 at 15:38. Reason: Please do NOT personally attack others.
black12rr is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 06:30   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
My goodness, such an accident can happen to anyone on a two wheeler then at that stretch. Is there any enquiry setup to find who left the cables loose/ low hanging on the road? Such contractor should be identified and severely punished via court of law.
Old 7th October 2013, 07:53   #853
BHPian

Quote:

Know the facts before you post non-sense and also don't generalize that those who rides super-bikes are crazy ,young ,don't have common sense . The cables that were lying on the road caused the accident . BBMP should be one that should be sued and jailed.

Here is the fact from the person who was there - "Inaccurate reporting. I was one of the first few people to reach the spot as it happened right in front of my apartment. There was no blood shed as reported here. He was shuddering and unconscious. His bike had cables(probably from the local broadband service providers) tangled around its wheels. No attention was paid to it. No auto took him. There was one kind lady in a read Skoda i Guess who volunteered to shift him to the hospital. Hatss off ma'am. Appreciate your courage. Ambulance helpline (108) was use less. I called them for 10min. There was no one to pick up the call. Police helpline was reachable after 15min. Police landed there after much deliberation. I stood there till the police landed. Me and my husband wound the other cables on the road that were lying low to near by trees. Sad state of Bangalore city. I'm super pissed. Lost my confidence on the emergency helplines."
black12rr, thanks for bringing out the details. This is the sad state of our country that we continue to loose precious lives to such oversights.

In the Hindu report thought there is no mention of cables and its depicting the accident as a result of overspeeding and hitting the curb!!
Old 7th October 2013, 08:59   #854
Senior - BHPian

This is a comment on BTP's post regarding the same:

" Dear BTP, read this on facebook. A post by someone who witnessed the accident:
Such a horrible thing that the newspapers have no responsibility to maintain the truth on such incident! Anil Kumar's friend Preetam has shared the actual incident....
" One of our fellow rider Anil Kumar passed away in a road accident in Malleshwarram. He was on a BMW S1000RR . The newspapers report that he was riding fast and rammed in to a tree. My friend and his family witnessed the accident in front them and were the people to take him to the hospital. The truth is, there were cables lying on the road freely and it got entangled to his front wheel which flipped him out. He as a responsible rider with full riding gear and helmet. "
Is this true ?"

How sad that so many people are paying with their lives due to the inefficiencies of others. The only reason he's being targeted is because he was on a High End bike. Else, it would be the officials who would be on the burner now.

A little OT, but noteworthy:
"Why do the newspaper have to highlight 'FAILED ACTOR'? He was an individual and he died of an accident. period. His family must be mourning at the loss. Even people without a BMW bike die of accidents - why target him cos he was rich and had a BMW?"

Poor guy. RIP. This wasn't an accident, this was murder.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 10:00   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Know the facts before you post non-sense and also don't generalize that those who rides super-bikes are crazy ,young ,don't have common sense .
I had my doubts when this news was in the papers . Because this stretch of road which I've been on many times is a straight one. And one way he could have crashed into the kerbstone was if he tried to swerve to avoid something. Now we know the facts and the reason for the accident. My heart goes out to the family of the deceased biker. R.I.P.
As usual another cover up by the media by generalising on a 'rich-family/superbike/careless-rider' theory rather than bringing out the negligence of the BBMP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks