Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 11:56   #856
BHPian

re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Have seen umpteen cases where usually the bigger vehicle or the rich guy on a bike is blamed whereas the fault is on the smaller vehicle or elsewhere. 90% of two wheeler riders have risk prone style of riding such as tailgating or sneaking past vehicles and don't bother whether the other driver can see them. The condition of the roads also lead to accidents.

That said, speeding at 100kmph on city roads also means that there is very little time to react. You never know when there will be some cable, kite thread, debris on the road, jaywalker, cricket ball or somebody making a sudden turn. There are people who fell after a carelessly discarded plastic bag flew at them.

Anil Kumar's family must sue the cable tv company. It will not bring back his life but at least punish the guilty and bring awareness.
vivriti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 14:28   #857
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Spotted a M3 convertible with bad rear end damage at the BLR service centre.
Seems like a goner rear axle. Ain't that an actor's car?
Old 7th October 2013, 17:54   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Know the facts before you post non-sense and also don't generalize that those who rides super-bikes are crazy ,young ,don't have common sense . The cables that were lying on the road caused the accident . BBMP should be one that should be sued and jailed.

Here is the fact from the person who was there - "Inaccurate reporting. I was one of the first few people to reach the spot as it happened right in front of my apartment. There was no blood shed as reported here. He was shuddering and unconscious. His bike had cables(probably from the local broadband service providers) tangled around its wheels. No attention was paid to it. No auto took him. There was one kind lady in a read Skoda i Guess who volunteered to shift him to the hospital. Hatss off ma'am. Appreciate your courage. Ambulance helpline (108) was use less. I called them for 10min. There was no one to pick up the call. Police helpline was reachable after 15min. Police landed there after much deliberation. I stood there till the police landed. Me and my husband wound the other cables on the road that were lying low to near by trees. Sad state of Bangalore city. I'm super pissed. Lost my confidence on the emergency helplines."
black12rr,

I really appreciate your conviction in defending a victicm of "our" lac of civic sense or civic apathty (I say this in a collective sense as an Indian).

My heart really goes out to the poor rider and pray his soul RIP.

You had the presence of mind to take the photos, which speaks volumes of the actual accident.

I wish something like the "Snell Foundation" would come out of such events.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 11:31   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Seems like a goner rear axle. Ain't that an actor's car?
The registration seemed to suggest that the car doesnt belong to Bangalore. It had a KA-19 registration which maybe Mangalore?

I have no details on who the owner is but the damage is quite severe. The car is still parked in the same location after a week. The disc seemed to be cracked and chipped also. Couldnt get a picture because it was so close to the wall.
Old 10th October 2013, 20:07   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Know the facts before you post non-sense and also don't generalize that those who rides super-bikes are crazy ,young ,don't have common sense . The cables that were lying on the road caused the accident . BBMP should be one that should be sued and jailed.
I don't post nonsense without information. Even if the cables got entangled, judging by the front wheel and front portion no way his helmet could have broken into three pieces. He was speeding. I did not say all Super Bikers does not have common sense. There are mature riders who understand the limits of themselves and the bike and enjoy super bike.
Sarvodaya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:28   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
I don't post nonsense without information. Even if the cables got entangled, judging by the front wheel and front portion no way his helmet could have broken into three pieces. He was speeding. I did not say all Super Bikers does not have common sense. There are mature riders who understand the limits of themselves and the bike and enjoy super bike.

I too thought the same when the gentleman decided to qaulify your contribution as nonsense! The sight of the whole accident, and pics cannot support the freak accident/ zero rider fault theory.

Looking at the damage alone one can safely conclude that the speed was certainly over the limit given the width and the size of the road. The cables only added to the situation and was not solely responsible. Unless there was high revving at point when tire touched the cable it is not possible to get it tangled. Also cables loose on road is fairly common every where in india, there is a method to the madness these cables are always lying at the edge of the road near the footpath. One has to be very very carefully as these are COMMON and much more so when operating high power machine.

Last edited by canonball : 10th October 2013 at 22:30.
Old 11th October 2013, 12:18   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He was speeding.
That is just an assumption, and with a fancy bike in the equation, it's really easy to draw such cliched conclusions. With a litre class super-bike on empty roads at night, one can't expect somebody to totter around at 20 miles per hour. One can afford to be responsibly fast. But even at sane speeds, stupid wires getting tangled with the wheels can be lethal. Right now, it's quite well established that the wires were the primary cause of the accident.

Leaving around loose wires on the road is a glaring negligence shown by the concerned authorities and doesn't hold a candle to mild speeding on empty roads as far as the danger quotient goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I too thought the same when the gentleman decided to qaulify your contribution as nonsense!
It's a lady.
AyAn! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 12:43   #863
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't post nonsense without information. Even if the cables got entangled, judging by the front wheel and front portion no way his helmet could have broken into three pieces..
From what I've understood, a helmet is supposed to break and shatter into pieces. That's how it works! Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The media tried to highlight the severity of the crash by repeatedly mentioning the shattered helmet. Typical of them.
Old 11th October 2013, 13:03   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
From what I've understood, a helmet is supposed to break and shatter into pieces. That's how it works! Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You maybe a little way off here Suhaas. In the event of a crash, a helmet must stay in one piece and remain in it's place to minimize any sort of impact to the rider's head.

A helmet shattering to smithereens in the event of an impact can only point to it being an inferior helmet.
Old 11th October 2013, 13:17   #865
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
You maybe a little way off here Suhaas. In the event of a crash, a helmet must stay in one piece and remain in it's place to minimize any sort of impact to the rider's head.

A helmet shattering to smithereens in the event of an impact can only point to it being an inferior helmet.
Thanks for the clarification, Ayan

I wasn't sure. I was told that the outer shell's function is to crack and shatter indicating good impact absorption.

Getting back to the topic, I believe the media hasn't issued an official clarification on the incident. The loose wires haven't been mentioned anywhere.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 15:34   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Thanks for the clarification, Ayan

I wasn't sure. I was told that the outer shell's function is to crack and shatter indicating good impact absorption.

Getting back to the topic, I believe the media hasn't issued an official clarification on the incident. The loose wires haven't been mentioned anywhere.
the outer shell is supposed to crack and absorb the impact but not shatter to smithereens.

as far as the loose wires and speed is concerned - i can just say that the guys who are justifying that it's a common thing to have cables lying lose on the raod and the guy must be doing crazy speeds - try this - take a bicycle and ride at a normal speed (5-6kmph) and ask one of your friends to put in a cable (while you are in motion) between your spokes. I have a feeling you can imagine what's gonna happen, but still try it out. and please please please do wear enough protective gear.

I am not saying that the guy on the bike was very slow or fast. my point is that having cables on the road is not just irresponsible but simply fatally dangerous for anyone using the road. be it a superbiker, or anyone even on a cycle. media is making all the hue and cry for their advantage. these bikes are glamorous, and heyy the guy was an actor. until and unless they portray it like a masala news - no one would want to read it.
samyakmodi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 22:30   #867
BHPian

in troubled waters - Audi

Not exactly a crash... but i guess this is the closest thread in which the pic can be posted.

This was published in the Chennai edition of "The Hindu" newspaper on November 5, 2013 : A bunch of city students who decided to use a fancy set of wheels for a photo shoot were taken by surprise when the car got stuck in the sand at Thiruvanmiyur beach, owing to strong winds and waves. Fishermen came to their rescue and using ropes and planks tugged the vehicle to safety after much struggle.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-04nov.jpg  

rubicon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th November 2013, 22:41   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Not exactly a crash... but i guess this is the closest thread in which the pic can be posted.
This is being discussed in the road life in chennai thread!
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 22:13   #869
BHPian

@ black12rr - Thanks for adding precise information of the crash.

Quote:
He was speeding
@Sarvodaya
Were you there? and define speeding I mean what number should one cross to be speeding as per you? just curious cos i think 50 or 60 KMPH is speed limit put on that road where the accident took place 50 for bikes and 60 for cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I too thought the same when the gentleman decided to qaulify your contribution as nonsense! The sight of the whole accident, and pics cannot support the freak accident/ zero rider fault theory.
Have you seen crash patterns of super bikes am no expert but I have a few crashed bike lying around. Till now I did post them of respect to the owner but bashing the guy for doing 70 in a 60kmph road and getting himself killed just because he hit the footpath and 100% frontal impact on to a tree isn't fancying me. So here more pics of the Beamer below. If he was more than 100kmph the frame will break at the neck and the rim will break. Please look at the picture closely.

He hit the breaks the bike stopped but he didn't. see the youtube like you will understand what am saying.

I have seen an golden hayabusa at nelmangla slide at 70 the rider all slide for about 3 meters before hitting his head on the media barricade cracking open the helmet into 3. This happened during the Ganesha festival weekend this year 2013.

I have seen a grey 2011 Bandit that has crashed into Indicar rear ended it at 80KMPH rear left conner was the point of impact had bent front fork. Apparently the drive just stopped.

again i will not post the picture due to privacy of the owner. and typical mentality of sating these as wrecked bike. IMHO if you dent a door n traffic and repair it doenst mean your car is wrecked same for super bikes unless you break it at the frame or like the blue R1 in KL thats posted some where earlier on this.

Request to stop rider bashing and just continue to be baffled or horrified at the pictures that are posted here.

So am not surprised the SHOIE broke at 70 when he hit the tree head first, after all it's plastic.
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20131116wa0008.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20131116wa0009.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20131116wa0010.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20131116wa0011.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20131116wa0012.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20131116wa0013.jpg
Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20131116wa0016.jpg

i dont know the rider but i know my motorcycles

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th November 2013 at 18:09. Reason: Fixing quote & embedding video
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 23:04   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
It was a grey import.
are you sure?

KA04 EH is 2008 series number issued in bangalore and R1 was selling at about 10.5Lac invoiced by wheels bangalore.

this ones a EM so assume its a much later bike..

its up for sale last i heard 3 weeks back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks