Team-BHP - Supercar & Import Crashes in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Supercar & Import Crashes in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/51210-supercar-import-crashes-india-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 1270262)
I seriously wonder what these automags are trying to do when they do those test drives and write reviews about car ??

each one is just trying to keep driving home the theme that they are BIGGER PETROL heads than the other guy and in the process most of the car reviews these days are just a mix of ego boost for the JOURNO and exercising his ENGLISH LANGUAGE skills

there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING MATERIAL ABOUT THE CAR they write about these days

to top it - they go and crash the cars.

Come on - lets be fair to them. I doubt if anyone crashes cars deliberately, especially if they are sitting inside!

They have had an unfortunate accident, lets not use it as an excuse to trash them. This isnt the first fast car they've driven, by any means.

I am glad that the guys are safe. Cars can be replaced, people cant.

I may be a little ignorant here, but why all the hatred against the reporters etc.? They're just doing their job, and accidents can happen to anyone.

I don't remember hearing anyone complain when the Stig crashed the Zonda (a much rarer car than the AMG) on the TG test track. Then it was called "entertainment"....... Double standards? I hope not....

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1270249)
OD had taken the car for a test and, as any petrolhead would, the AMG was being ripped on the awesome Amby Valley stretch. Details aren't clear, but apparently the car was overcooked in a left-hander and crashed!

Guess Overdrive went Overboard with their testing.

Will it not be insured , if not why would they give out such a costly car on road?
BTW whats the cost of it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 1270315)
Come on - lets be fair to them. I doubt if anyone crashes cars deliberately, especially if they are sitting inside!

Quote:

Originally Posted by f450 (Post 1270316)
They're just doing their job, and accidents can happen to anyone.

Absolutely agreed. T'was a mistake and one that can happen to anyone. Atleast we know that she was being driven like she's supposed to be :D

Quote:

I am glad that the guys are safe. Cars can be replaced, people cant.
Touché

Any info on what speeds they were clicking when this happened? Also, who was driving? I wouldnt be surprised if it was Shireen. :D

Guys - not that I am not concerned about the people rather than the cars. of course, its good that who ever was driving came out of it safe,
just that the whole point of testing these cars thread bare does not reflect in the write ups in the magazine

but then, I may be wrong in ranting about that in this thread !:)

Thats a shame to lose a beauty like that. Any pictures of this crash?

These guys are accomplished drivers, they probably were trying to give you an awesome footage for next weeks overdrive show, similar to MMSC. Also the Rann episode was pretty good

Remember ACI drive like pedastrians, C&B merely strokes the car ' nuff said

Thoughts as I was reading through this.

1. Don't we have test tracks in India?

2. Damage up to the firewall and no injuries to the driver means it is a real safe car for passengers and <wishfulthinking>I will buy this car as soon as I get the money.</wishfulthinking>

3. <evil grin>Were they trying to mimic that BBC show? </evil grin>

4. We now know for sure that they actually drive the cars they write about.

Speculations and more speculations.
People have some patience please. The report and pictures will tell the true story of the crash.
Like Steeroid said noone crashes on purpose while sitting in it so stop flaming the driver.

Unfortunate to lose the car, but, glad that no one was injured. Things like this do happen. Even the best driver can have a crash.

Now I realise why OD repeated last weeks programme this week!

will OD be asked to pay - atleast a small amount?

or do they go scot free since they belong to the Press?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1270272)
Oh shoot :Frustrati:

Will look forward to the coverage of this test drive in the next OD issue :p

Haha! That would at least show that they have a sense of humour! :)