Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2009, 05:32   #301
BHPian

25lbs is pretty light dude nearly comparable to rays te37..i got Te37 time attack in black 19 inch and they weigh 20 lbs..I think black wheels would have looked meaner but your current rims lok awesome too..fiill the guards nicely :-)
Old 12th June 2009, 10:52   #302
Senior - BHPian

Ecks, when is the LP getting the Hamann exhausts?
Old 12th June 2009, 11:34   #303
Senior - BHPian

Ecks a bit late in the day now but i just got word from Mercedes Benz dealership that they would be getting the Black edition to India. I believe just two or three cars have been sanctioned to be brought by september.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:51   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Ecks a bit late in the day now but i just got word from Mercedes Benz dealership that they would be getting the Black edition to India. I believe just two or three cars have been sanctioned to be brought by september.
What?? Sounds great..but the SL Black is going to cost upwards of 2.5 crores.For sure.
Old 12th June 2009, 12:03   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
What?? Sounds great..but the SL Black is going to cost upwards of 2.5 crores.For sure.
The price was not discussed, so i would not know at what price they would sell the car here Ayan. I would like to count it in the 1.5 crore plus bracket.
Old 12th June 2009, 12:18   #306
BHPian

How much did the rims cost you?
Old 12th June 2009, 17:18   #307
BHPian

Ecks,

Great car, the DCT is a good gearbox especially now after the software upgrade with the shifting issues and jerkiness.
IMO, I would have gone for iForged, Work or HRE rims, the ones from VMR very closely resemble the E46 CSL rims, a common modification done by a lot of BMW owners. Not having a go at you, but once the options are plenty, a nice set of HRE with a 3" lip on the back would make the monster stand out even more than it is currently.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12th June 2009, 20:54   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Ecks, when is the LP getting the Hamann exhausts?
Exhaust will come in soon. No finalized date as of now.

Quote:
Oh that would be awesome! But the only Black that tingles my senses is the CLK Black. Now if they got that in the mix , I would so want one! But sadly it is out of production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akzz View Post
Ecks,

Great car, the DCT is a good gearbox especially now after the software upgrade with the shifting issues and jerkiness.
IMO, I would have gone for iForged, Work or HRE rims, the ones from VMR very closely resemble the E46 CSL rims, a common modification done by a lot of BMW owners. Not having a go at you, but once the options are plenty, a nice set of HRE with a 3" lip on the back would make the monster stand out even more than it is currently.

Just my 2 cents.

You should check out this website european auto source . They take the rims from VMR and add their touch to it. There is a separate rim design for the E92 called the CSL style rims. These are the V710's. These closely resemble the P40 HRE rims. I liked these better so I went for these.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 12th June 2009 at 20:58.
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2009, 21:20   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Oh that would be awesome! But the only Black that tingles my senses is the CLK Black. Now if they got that in the mix , I would so want one! But sadly it is out of production.
yup, the CLK Black is indeed one of the best supercars on earth. And as Clarkson said, "It handled with a panache that would have Ferrari test drivers nodding sagely!"

So what do you think about the SL65 AMG Black? That's the most powerful AMG ever built!
But it's difficult to get your hands on one, cuz only 350 will ever be built.

Last edited by theragingbull : 12th June 2009 at 21:21.
Old 12th June 2009, 21:23   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
yup, the CLK Black is indeed one of the best supercars on earth. And as Clarkson said, "It handled with a panache that would have Ferrari test drivers nodding sagely!"

So what about the SL65 AMG Black? That's the most powerful AMG ever built!
But it's difficult to get your hands on one, cuz only 350 will ever be built.

I was already offered the SL Black when I was making up my mind on the C63 vs M3 . So , no car is too difficult to get in India , if you get my drift. But just because a car has x amount of HP , it does not mean I'll get it. A car has to do much much more to please me into buying it. I never liked SL's as a rule of thumb (bar a few) , so I wouldn't buy one if MB India gave one to me for free.
ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2009, 21:25   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Quote:
The price was not discussed, so i would not know at what price they would sell the car here Ayan. I would like to count it in the 1.5 crore plus bracket.
Expect a easy 3 crore plus price tag in India. The base retail price is 300000 USD or 220000 Euro. Custom duties, other taxes, registration, insurance, freight, options and maybe some premium would easily bring the the OTR price to 3.25 or similar.
Old 12th June 2009, 23:49   #312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
so I wouldn't buy one if MB India gave one to me for free.
but if they gave it to you free you wouldnt be buying it
Old 13th June 2009, 00:07   #313
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th June 2009 at 10:42.
samyakmodi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th June 2009, 01:57   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
but if they gave it to you free you wouldnt be buying it
Dude, you and I must think alike, because I had the exact same thought! My next thought was, "Sure I'd take it if they gave me one for free! I'd hock it and get myself a 430 Scuderia!" and then I saw your avataar!
Old 13th June 2009, 17:44   #315
BHPian

karan,sorry for posting an offtopic content.Did ndtv guys approach you for their tv program All about car honey !

If they approach please do a show with them can't wait to see the lp640 and M3.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks