Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:09   #166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Speed Yellow really stands out ! look, it over powers the Turbo beside.
Scorcher,

That's not a Turbo next to Dante's Cayman. That's a 997 type 911 Targa. Notice this carefully, there is a chrome strip that runs along the top part of the window-sill. That is an indication that it's a Targa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Yes guys its a dent. Very hard on my heart but couldn't help. Hit a small rock, kept in the middle of the road at midnight. Got a dent. I'll cover it up or change the rim.
Albeit i have done the balancing, no problem found.

@ Suhaas why don't you check out supercar rally thread. There are many over there.

Here are some anyway.

Attachment 280338

Attachment 280339

Attachment 280340
Dante,

I'm terribly sorry man! I know how it would feel! You need to keep your eyes peeled all the time! A slight lapse could result in such dents! But it's alright, take good care of her!
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:31   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Scorcher,

That's not a Turbo next to Dante's Cayman. That's a 997 type 911 Targa. Notice this carefully, there is a chrome strip that runs along the top part of the window-sill. That is an indication that it's a Targa.

Exactly you need not even that close to tell its not a 911 turbo just look at the side lights on the bumper. those lights give it away.

And yes the chrome strip give it away as a targa.
But suhaas i can see a chrome detailing package available while customising a normal 911 on the porsche website !

For that matter even the carrera 4 has a chrome strip running on its window sill.

Last edited by arjunrudra : 3rd February 2010 at 20:46.
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:33   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Scorcher,

Oops, My bad ! Im the last one to win a race in Stuttgart. And, dare i challenge the knowledge of the reigning king of Stutt ? No Way !
Old 3rd February 2010, 21:47   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Exactly you need not even that close to tell its not a 911 turbo just look at the side lights on the bumper. those lights give it away.

And yes the chrome strip give it away as a targa.
But suhaas i can see a chrome detailing package available while customising a normal 911 on the porsche website !

For that matter even the carrera 4 has a chrome strip running on its window sill.
Yup! The chrome detailing package is available as an option on the list. But I'm not sure if people actually go in for that. I'm not a fan of that to be honest!

But the Carrera 4 doesn't come standard with the chrome strip, I'm quite sure about that! The only thing by which one can differentiate the C2 and the C4 is that the C4 comes with wider rear wheel-arches and wider rear body-work in order to accommodate the fatter tyres. The regular Carrera S comes with 295 sections at the back but the Carrera 4 comes with 305 sections at the back!

Oh and all Targas come standard with four-wheel-drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Oops, My bad ! Im the last one to win a race in Stuttgart. And, dare i challenge the knowledge of the reigning king of Stutt ? No Way !
No Scorcher,

I'm no king of Stuttgart! Just a mighty fan! Besides, I'm still learning!
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup! The chrome detailing package is available as an option on the list. But I'm not sure if people actually go in for that. I'm not a fan of that to be honest!

But the Carrera 4 doesn't come standard with the chrome strip, I'm quite sure about that! The only thing by which one can differentiate the C2 and the C4 is that the C4 comes with wider rear wheel-arches and wider rear body-work in order to accommodate the fatter tyres. The regular Carrera S comes with 295 sections at the back but the Carrera 4 comes with 305 sections at the back!

Oh and all Targas come standard with four-wheel-drive!

No Scorcher,

I'm no king of Stuttgart! Just a mighty fan! Besides, I'm still learning!
Thank you and suhaas did you have a look at that new porsche 911 sport classic , looks very neat to me . Anything special about it ?
Sorry for going off topic.
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:17   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Thank you and suhaas did you have a look at that new porsche 911 sport classic , looks very neat to me . Anything special about it ?
Sorry for going off topic.
OT: It's a wonderful car! The Sport Classic is based on the 997 II Carrera but draws inspiration from the fantastic '70s 911 Carrera 2.7 RS. Classic Fuch wheels, the ductail spoiler and its bubble roof are it's distinctive features.

There is a thread on the Sport Classic with some inputs from my side. Do check it out!
Old 4th February 2010, 23:03   #172
Senior - BHPian

hey Dante! I was just a lil' curious to know that your number plate a few days back was MH01 TRK 724 but now it is MH15 CM202 ?
Old 4th February 2010, 23:09   #173
Senior - BHPian

I think that was a temporary number plate! Awesome pics of your car bro. I was chilled deep down my spine when I saw the last pic with B/W effects in Dippy's last post in Mumbai Supercar run thread. Beautiful car, Kudos.
Old 7th February 2010, 11:49   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
hey Dante! I was just a lil' curious to know that your number plate a few days back was MH01 TRK 724 but now it is MH15 CM202 ?
Yes buddy that was the temporary number plate. The car had problems with registeration on road, so it finally got registered after a month and half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
I think that was a temporary number plate! Awesome pics of your car bro. I was chilled deep down my spine when I saw the last pic with B/W effects in Dippy's last post in Mumbai Supercar run thread. Beautiful car, Kudos.
Thanks man. Fireblader clicked awesome pics. Amazing skills. My car never looked better.
Old 7th February 2010, 16:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Couple of Very Amateur edits by me Hope you guys like it ! Pic Source : Last Pages
Attached Thumbnails
My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-dsc04613.jpg  

My Porsche 987 Cayman S Gen II-me-sea-link.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 7th February 2010 at 16:46.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2010, 18:01   #176
BHPian

It is very heartening to see the right car in the right hands....your pics, videos and text confirm that this car and you are completely made for each other!
Old 9th February 2010, 19:41   #177
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see Dante enjoying the cayman.

I think the rim can be rectified by the workshop. I hope so.

Dante do write about living with the car on day to day basis, it will be such a nice contribution for people planning to buy the sports car in India, especially the onces checking 370Z's competition.

All the best!
Old 10th February 2010, 20:45   #178
Senior - BHPian

Had fun that day, say hi to your friends from my side.
Old 12th February 2010, 14:53   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedophile View Post
It is very heartening to see the right car in the right hands....your pics, videos and text confirm that this car and you are completely made for each other!
Thanks buddy. Yes this beauty was made for me. When i sit in it, i feel like a part of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Happy to see Dante enjoying the cayman.

I think the rim can be rectified by the workshop. I hope so.

Dante do write about living with the car on day to day basis, it will be such a nice contribution for people planning to buy the sports car in India, especially the onces checking 370Z's competition.

All the best!
I repaired the rim myself in my factory. Had to make a dye for it, which took 3 days in the making, and then finally the rim was molded.

Well i hardly drive it now. But once a week when i do, its very refreshing. Actually i am pretty opposite to everyone, i drive when i am somewhat tired, because after a spirited drive i get all rejuvenated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Had fun that day, say hi to your friends from my side.
Yeah it was fun, will catch up again sometime soon.
Even my friends said a hi from there side.
Dante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2010, 15:01   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Thanks buddy. Yes this beauty was made for me. When i sit in it, i feel like a part of.

I repaired the rim myself in my factory. Had to make a dye for it, which took 3 days in the making, and then finally the rim was molded.

Well i hardly drive it now. But once a week when i do, its very refreshing. Actually i am pretty opposite to everyone, i drive when i am somewhat tired, because after a spirited drive i get all rejuvenated.

Yeah it was fun, will catch up again sometime soon.
Even my friends said a hi from there side.
So, what else are there in your garage bro ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks