Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 12:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
If people want me to upload videos i can upload drifting videos and best exotic photos.
Dude what are ya waiting for? Btw,nice write up.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2009, 12:19   #77
BHPian

Wow, its an excellent car and one of my dream cars to own. Congratulations!! Please post more pictures, we are waiting to see more.
Old 17th December 2009, 12:28   #78
Team-BHP Support

Amazing write up Dante! I could feel the emotion in it! I could sense the excitement and the pleasure in every word! Just fantastic! I'm glad you've lived your dreams my friend!

All the best!
Old 17th December 2009, 12:31   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Dude what are ya waiting for? Btw,nice write up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Wow, its an excellent car and one of my dream cars to own. Congratulations!! Please post more pictures, we are waiting to see more.
Okay guys i will post best pictures very soon.

@ suhaas thanks.
Old 17th December 2009, 12:44   #80
Senior - BHPian

great stuff buddy! Glad to know your living your dream
Congrats bro.

Please do post more photos and videos ( ), you know we all want to see them!
Old 19th December 2009, 10:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Hot ride, drive safe
Old 19th December 2009, 14:17   #82
BHPian

Damn , It felt almost like driving a Cayman . Very nice write-up indeed . Waiting for the pictures and videos . Especially the drifting ones
Old 19th December 2009, 14:35   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all guys.

Initial review.
The photograph don't even show 10% of cars beauty. When i saw the car i was like " Oh my god!" It is so beautiful, cannot be descirbed in words. I got goose bumps! Actually the intial pics were taken by my younger brother. Cleaning and polishing process was ongoing. I reached at 11, and got my car at 2. Delivery papers were signed. I was explained the features of the car.
Good thing is that a got portable compressor for filling up the air. A puncture repair kit. A complimentary dashboard protector.

Now was the time when i was suppose to take it for a spin. I was a bit numb or ecstatic, nervous .. mixed feelings. I sat in the car very low, getting in the car is difficult and getting out as well. Its like a bucket where you are sucked in. The accelrator pedal and clutch are not light but pretty rough. You have to put pressure.

I pressed the clutch ignited the engine and vrooom.. Oh god what a sound! It's very loud compared to 911. I travelled around slowly, a bit scared of the traffic. And then came this marine drive, the sales guy asked me to push the pedal so i did - The car just catapulted me forward. Wow it was just like a rollercoaster ride. You can feel the piston thumping. The sound is orgasamic. Your heartbeats rise. It calls for more, give me more! It just doesn't stops. The acceleration pedal is very sensitive and steering is super responsive. The co-passenger definetly gets so scared. Its an opportunity of a lifetime to experience a sports car.

The car quietly travels when you want it to and beacomes a beast when you need. I travelled in 6th gear at 50 Kmph and even in 1st gear and it pulled herself marvellously. It has so much power you can't even use 30% of its petential. Switch on second gear even at 15kph engine doesn't knocks. The ride is pretty rough, as obvious in sports car. You feel every pothole. Thats what i love about Porsche. What a raw feeling! Very good.

I drove all the way to nasik myself which was 200km. And the best was kasara ghat which comes in between nasik and mumbai highway, its a two-lane highway now. The car was roaring all the way running up, drifting, spinning..
I had this feeling only in my dreams. I am happy that i lived it.
I have already done 500kms in 1 and half day.

Now when i drove my swift i felt like i am driving a truck sitting so high and slow!

If people want me to upload videos i can upload drifting videos and best exotic photos.

So you drifted the day you got it? What about engine and transmission break-in periods?
Old 20th December 2009, 16:39   #84
BHPian

The break-in period is 4200 rpm for upto 1500-2000kms. Its about ok for a little bit of drift on super curves.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:46   #85
Senior - BHPian

@Dante: Nice that you are enjoying, but buddy do take care of here initially. Cayman will flatter your ego as a from good to a great driver but you take care of her first. I agree with Ecks on this one.

Also drifting and spinning, I think its easy to drift here but its really tough to spin her???

Its just few hundred kms to go before you can rev her happy and take the beast to its limits.

Happy driving.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:55   #86
Team-BHP Support

Dante,

What's the ground clearance like so far? What's the recommended octane rating and what are you filling her up with? We'd like a review!
Old 20th December 2009, 23:33   #87
BHPian

Dante, I saw your car at College Road in Nasik on Saturday at around 1-30.. It looked fab. Im sure you must have enjoyed the roads.. especially downhill(they are new and were opened to traffic just a month ago). I really enjoyed the ride in my c class so I cant imagine how good it would be for you.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:22   #88
BHPian

Congrats on the ride Dante! Im sure the wait was well worth it. A bit surprised that Porsche was so numb towards you, esp since they should be looking to increase market share in a growing segment- too bad, I was keen on a Carrera but i think itll have to be an M3 now

Great choice on the Cayman btw, looking forward to the pics and vids!
Old 21st December 2009, 14:03   #89
BHPian

@ sn1p3r don't worry mate. She is in fine hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Dante,

What's the ground clearance like so far? What's the recommended octane rating and what are you filling her up with? We'd like a review!
The ground clearance is 4 inches. So it's pretty good, no problems faced for humps yet.
Intially the petrol i found was not good. Too bad shell petrol pump is out of order.
I am filling in Speed. Worried about carbon collection from octane boosters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_e46 View Post
Dante, I saw your car at College Road in Nasik on Saturday at around 1-30.. It looked fab. Im sure you must have enjoyed the roads.. especially downhill(they are new and were opened to traffic just a month ago). I really enjoyed the ride in my c class so I cant imagine how good it would be for you.
Oh you were in nasik and you spotted it.
Ya the roads are very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
Congrats on the ride Dante! Im sure the wait was well worth it. A bit surprised that Porsche was so numb towards you, esp since they should be looking to increase market share in a growing segment- too bad, I was keen on a Carrera but i think itll have to be an M3 now

Great choice on the Cayman btw, looking forward to the pics and vids!
Ya their attitude was not good. Many lies, which i haven't said on T-bhp. Anyways best of luck for M3. But even BMW are now false commenting. Spiff on t-bhp was said delivery of M3 in feb now they are telling september! Beware before you make a deal.
Not much people asking for pics and vids so didn't uploaded.
Take care.

Last edited by Dante : 21st December 2009 at 14:07.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:32   #90
BHPian

Quote:

Not much people asking for pics and vids so didn't uploaded.
Take care.

what?? we've bein waiting patiently hoping you'l put it up asap. c'mon i speak for everyone here. WE WANT MORE. LOTS MORE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks