Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:55   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
There has been a lot of hoopla around Garware and Hyosung so thought i might as well share my experience :
Sorry about going off on a bit of a tangent here, but I just wanted to say something about the way we take up positions for (or against) brands.

coolboy007, please don't think I'm being at all critical or judgmental about the position that you've taken over Garware. I find your posts about the GT650R very useful; I'm hoping to be able to bring home a big bike sometime in the future and the GT650R was certainly one that I was interested in. This post is not about your posts, I'm just quoting from your post to illustrate my point. The point I'm trying to make could equally easily quote from posts about any new bike/car launch topic here on Team-BHP.

Is it at all realistic to be anywhere near happy with a brand/company as a whole?

Quote:
Garware have been very courteous and always reply but some how my dealer never really listened to them.
Aren't the dealers a part of the whole Garware/Hyosung brand? Haven't Hyosung done their due diligence when choosing a dealer? I find it hard to understand why we (me included) become defenders of a particular bike/car "brand" as a whole. No company, as a whole, really cares about their customers the way their marketing would like us to believe. Yes there are instances where particular individuals go out of their way to help their customers, but taken as a whole, customer care is definitely a low priority. As such, in my opinion, the position most of us as individual consumers need to take towards all automobile companies is cautious skepticism.

I have a 2007 Bullet Thunderbird. I love the bike; she's taken me everywhere, never let me down (touch-wood). But I find the way Royal Enfield treats their potential customers today, absolutely disgusting. Just because there is a high demand for their machines today (remember, at one time RE was almost closing down), and people are willing to wait for 8-10 months to fork out a lakh of their hard-earned rupees to the company, does it give a company the right to be impatient with potential customers, to be rude when questioned about the waiting period? Yes, you may say those are the dealers and not the company, but when push comes to shove, does one really think RE will side a lone customer or a dealer who generates lakhs of sales and profits for the company? Yet there are scores of people who will overlook all the faults of both the bike and the company with some vague statement like "it's a Bullet thing!"

I'm going to go so far as to say Garware are listening and going out of their way with customers only because Hyosung has already messed up once in the India market and they know that if they mess up this time, it's goodbye Hyosung-brand-image as far as the India market is concerned.

In my opinion, bikers should love their bike. Don't blindly love, or easily endorse the company that made it. Of course, good service deserves a mention, but in my opinion, what's far more important is that when a "brand" messes up, we go at them hard.

The reward for a company's good service is already in their bank account, in the form of your money. But our safeguard against a bad experience with a company/product is the criticism from their potential market base. It's the only way to ensure that we, as customers are treated well in the future.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 16:43   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Aren't the dealers a part of the whole Garware/Hyosung brand? Haven't Hyosung done their due diligence when choosing a dealer? I find it hard to understand why we (me included) become defenders of a particular bike/car "brand" as a whole. No company, as a whole, really cares about their customers the way their marketing would
My views differ from your viewpoint so apologies in advance.
I for one wont take a stand on a particular company just because one of their dealer isnt working properly. The dealers are a part of garware/hyosung but a company would never be able to keep a keen eye on each and every one working under them.

If a 'particular' dealer misbehaves or isnt doing the work properly then the company is not to be blamed, if you contact the company and then they dont respond then the company is wrong.

We have seen so many instances on tbhp that a guy went to get a TD of a Fiesta or Linea from a dealer A and he wasnt happy - that didnt mean he just left that car, he went to dealer B and remained happily ever after.

What i want to say is that i complained 3-4 times about my dealer and Garware have taken action - shut down the dealership which is a big step. I got a few PM's asking me hows my service experience to which i updated, it was not that melroy wrote bad so i had to write good about them to equalize things.

Quote:
I'm going to go so far as to say Garware are listening and going out of their way with customers only because Hyosung has already messed up once in the India market and they know that if they mess up this time, it's goodbye Hyosung-brand-image as far as the India market is concerned
Every company tries doing that, Maruti does it to retain their excellent customer satisfaction and garware are doing it to make their image. They need to provide good service or else people like me would spread the word about poor service, when 4 owners complain and a dealership shuts down, 50-60 can bring the whole company down which is trying to establish itself.

You are saying that Garware is providing good service just because they fear they might get thrown out? I didnt get it, am amazed if you think that way? I think each and every company wants to provide good service so that their customers are happy and in turn they get more sales, not because they fear being shut down.
Quote:
In my opinion, bikers should love their bike. Don't blindly love, or easily endorse the company that made it. Of course, good service deserves a mention, but in my opinion, what's far more important is that when a "brand" messes up, we go at them hard.
Agree. You need to go at them hard if they are wrong.
There has never been an instance when i felt the company was wrong, i had mailed them the prev night and didnt get a call next day from GM, spares and service.
The service is much better than i had expected knowing that they are new in this business.

As for the dealer, the new one is very supporting and helpful and lets see where we head to.

One may think am blindly supporting them but thats what my experience has been, the issues with bike and dealer have been listed, if something arises with Garware i would happily list it out.
Old 24th November 2011, 21:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Team-bhpians,
Well i had a question - after how many days or should i say after how many weeks would i get the registration certificate from the Delhi transport authority? Those who bought their bikes or cars recently, can you throw some light?

I bought the bike on 21 Sep, was registered on 14 Oct and till today there is no news of the RC smart card. The dealer handled registration process, the same old crap dealer

Its almost 1.5 months and am getting worried now fearing the dealer might play tricks since i have complained about him many times, i cant go touring without RC card with the registration receipt only.

Last vehicle purchased was a Fiat Linea in Delhi by us and the RC came within 30-35 days. The Pulsar 220's RC also came around 35-40 days.
Old 24th November 2011, 21:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last vehicle purchased was a Fiat Linea in Delhi by us and the RC came within 30-35 days. The Pulsar 220's RC also came around 35-40 days.
Here in B'lore, the time set by the RTO is 45-60 days. But I got it for the bikes bought here within a month. The latest was 35 days max. Not sure of the Delhi RTO but should be similar time lines.
Old 24th November 2011, 21:20   #65
BHPian

I believe the receipt is valid for 45 days only. I would push the dealer to expidite the process. Since Hyosung seems receptive to feedback, you may be able to raise this issue with them if the dealer doesn't take this forward.
Old 24th November 2011, 21:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Here in B'lore, the time set by the RTO is 45-60 days. But I got it for the bikes bought here within a month. The latest was 35 days max. Not sure of the Delhi RTO but should be similar time lines.
Thanks, yeah 45-60 days is what it usually takes. I will call the dealer tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
I believe the receipt is valid for 45 days only. I would push the dealer to expidite the process. Since Hyosung seems receptive to feedback, you may be able to raise this issue with them if the dealer doesn't take this forward.
Its valid for 15 days only from date of issue as printed on it but the police guys dont say anything as they know the authority is so slow that it takes time. I will call the sales manager to contact his agent in a couple of days and if nothing comes out, mail Garware.
Old 26th November 2011, 20:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

By the way, taking an inspiration from a few friends, i have started using the GT for daily commuting, park the bike at my friend's house and then go for classes etc so that the parking issues are solved and i can remain tension free.

Filled 97 octane today just to see if there is any difference, i knew there wont be much as GT doesnt require it but just for the heck of it , it costs 79/litre here in Delhi a full 10 rs above the normal fuel.

Did i see any difference - no and i wont recommend going for it. Its just that once you spend 150 more for every tankful, you would have a psychological effect that your bike behaves better - only advantage was that the knocking at lower rpms has decreased a lot, thats what i felt.

Earlier bike used to knock while picking speed from 30-33 in 3rd gear but now does without any hiccups.

As for the commuting - its doing wonders, heats up less now, thanks to the cold weather, the v twin torque is amazing and pulling out of small gaps and riding is fun but just need to be careful with 100 cc guys who may rear end very badly if you brake hard as they are busy seeing the bike + the bite of front and rear brakes is very very good. Engine is opening up, vibes have gone down but the irritating front visor noise is back up, seems thats a lifelong issue like with the Pulsar 220 fairing noise.

I can now say that you can easily do commuting on this one but just need a lil stamina, i got tired after choc-a-bloc 30 kms ride back home, slept at 3 and woke up at 7 , some times wonder if there is any use buying a high capacity bike in India, seeing the traffic but thats a different story alltogether.

Just read - the GT650 naked has been launched at a promotion price of 3.80 lakhs.

Also my color, the all white now commands a premium of 20k over the ex showroom for single tone colors as the demand is huge and they cant meet it, waiting periods have gone up to 2-3 months for this one in Delhi.

Wondering if GT is really selling well or just the scene here in Delhi. Planning a tour to the hills of Himachal in Dec so fingers crossed.
Old 29th November 2011, 16:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Update on the RC
Well, the RC arrived today and duly sent back to the registration authority. Reason being they printed everything right but instead mentioned the bike name as - VT 650R instead of GT650R

I would have taken it if it was some small issue like displacement or a lil error in address but the bike name itself was wrong and it would create issues for me later.

I wish these samosa eating junkies get some life and start doing their jobs, 1.5 months of a RC and they print the bike name wrong when on case receipt it was printed right, some things can never change.
Old 29th November 2011, 17:00   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on the RC
I wish these samosa eating junkies get some life and start doing their jobs, 1.5 months of a RC and they print the bike name wrong when on case receipt it was printed right, some things can never change.
Its the same everywhere. In your case they got the bike name wrong. In mine, the Smart Card for our Vista says its a Saloon(Sedan)!!

When I had the P220, they got the color wrong for the bike. They are just too lazy to read the case receipt and get the details right.. Its us who have to suffer to get them corrected!!
Old 29th November 2011, 19:45   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sheer Co-incidence eh!!! just received my RC Card and they have got everything right, had to pinch myself twice to believe it
Hardluck mate hopefully you do not have waste too much of a time getting it sorted out
Old 29th November 2011, 23:46   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its the same everywhere. In your case they got the bike name wrong. In mine, the Smart Card for our Vista says its a Saloon(Sedan)!!
Well am glad they didnt make it a Hyundai or a Safari instead , its the same everywhere, mistakes and mistakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Sheer Co-incidence eh!!! just received my RC Card and they have got everything right, had to pinch myself twice to believe it
Hardluck mate hopefully you do not have waste too much of a time getting it sorted out
What a co-incidence ku69rd, you should be glad that the next thing wasnt a co-incidence
Glad that they got it right on a CBU, that too the FZ1, lets see buddy, would take anywhere between 15-30 days now.

Would be going on a tour, have the photocopy of wrong RC, will get it attested and carry the regn paid receipt wherever i go, waited enough.
Old 2nd December 2011, 08:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

Brake light issue

Having a small issue or niggle with my bike related to the rear brake light. Its supposed to function in a sense that its dim/light when headlights are on and when you brake it becomes dark so that other vehicle owners know you are braking.

Now mine is stuck at the dark level, tried everything but couldnt get it to work, call it my ignorance but it could be as it is from day 1, i never noticed it or something has gone wrong now :(, what could it be? Anything for relays or the whole assembly would need a change?

Will give a call to the dealer, the Gurgaon svc and showroom has been closed down and New delhi dealer's workshop is not yet open so like NCR Ducati owners am also hanging in between , would call the delhi superbikes people and get some help as they are very corteous.

Their mechanic had gone for training to pune and i hope he is back as travelling like this is very unsafe when the people behind dont know am braking. Once the mechanic is back, he will do something.

Will call them up and update
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:07   #73
BHPian

Don't worry too much about the brake light issue, it could well be just a burnt element in the bulb. Try replacing the bulb, and things should be fine. There should be enough info in the manual for you to try it out yourself. Just need to get hold of the right power rating bulb
Old 2nd December 2011, 13:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its supposed to function in a sense that its dim/light when headlights are on and when you brake it becomes dark so that other vehicle owners know you are braking.Now mine is stuck at the dark level
Does this happen when you hit the front brakes or rear?

I faced this same issue with my FZ16. It used to get stuck when I hit the rear brakes. It was a very minor issue. There was a switch near the rear brake pedal which will light up the brake lights. This switch was getting stuck. Minor adjustment to it and it started working normally!
Old 2nd December 2011, 14:43   #75
Senior - BHPian

The issue has been diagnosed and repair pending now, was studying the whole night so sent a message to Delhi sbk dealer at 8 am that am having a issue with my bike, he called back at 10 AM telling me that the service head, North India was in Delhi around Buddh intl circuit and wanted to meet me as he was coming near Dwarka at that time, so i said great send him.

He called me at 12 pm and told me his location, woke up and the i went to pick him up, extremely helpful and very nice guy and we had a few points to discuss namely :

1. Future for the Gurgaon dealership - Its been shut as said before because they were rude and arrogant with garware as well and they didnt want bad reputation for them.

2. No workshop as yet - some issue with delhi govt and they are working hard to get it opened asap, in the meanwhile the mechanic is here after training and any issues or repairs would be carried out at a different location.

3. Brake light issue - he diagnosed everything and found that the front brake switch was faulty and had to replaced, placed an order and after exams i will go and get it fixed. Switch to be replaced FOC under warranty.

4. Vibrations from front - The high beam assembly was moving a little while revving beyond 5-6k rpm, he said it shouldnt be happening and its a assembly line fault so the whole projector assembly would be replaced FOC under warranty.

5. LH mirror - Moves down at speeds, no fix for it, replace FOC under warranty, this could be partly my fault, a 100cc racer hit my mirror once and since then its acting weird.

GT250R is also coming in the first quarter of 2011, no info disclosed on prices

Here is a pic after connecting the obd scanner, threw no error codes. Call it destiny or good luck - response time was 6 hours and was glad to meet the service head and reassured that in future if i need anything, i directly contact him and he will make sure everything is dispatched as quickly as possible.

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-gt-scam.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Don't worry too much about the brake light issue, it could well be just a burnt element in the bulb. Try replacing the bulb, and things should be fine. There should be enough info in the manual for you to try it out yourself. Just need to get hold of the right power rating bulb
Thanks but its related to the brake switch which lights the light up upon contact. Its not significant but a irritant and safety hazard nonetheless.
Quote:
Does this happen when you hit the front brakes or rear?
Bingo Abhinav, you got it right buddy. The front brake switch is faulty, he said its better he replaces the part instead of trying to get it to work as in future a repair job could fail again so would be replaced once parts arrive.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks