Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 11:36   #121
BHPian

Re: My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R

Happy to hear that the rectifier was replaced under warranty. I seriously suggest that you get to the source of these failures and ask DSK-Hyosung on an explanation on why these critical components are failing.

During my ownership of the GT250, I'd been part of the Hyosung forums across the globe and I'd hardly heard of critical components failing. It mostly used to be switches, electrical wires burning out, fuel filler caps not shutting properly etc.

Has the quality of parts declined or are they pushing lower quality parts to keep the costs competitive here in India? These questions need to be asked to the manufacturer.
Old 10th December 2012, 13:35   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post

Has the quality of parts declined or are they pushing lower quality parts to keep the costs competitive here in India? These questions need to be asked to the manufacturer.
Rectifier issues are quite common in GT650s the world over from what I have read and heard. Then there are issues like paint fade etc. which put a bad taste in the owner's mouth considering the money you pay for the machine.

Good thing is that DSK has shown good promise by being prompt in replacing the part. A friend who owns the 650N is quite happy with their service in Pune. Hope they have realised that the only way to get customers away from Kawasaki showrooms is by offering a good service backup to counter the Korean brand tag.
Old 13th August 2013, 20:03   #123
Senior - BHPian

With a heavy heart, sold off my GT650R last month to a friend. My work didnt permit sunday rides now and i used to skip riding for weeks at a stretch. It was becoming a 1 month home, 2 month away schedule and there was no one at home who could even ride the bike for a few kms so the decision was made and the bike was sold.

For the time this bike was with me, it provided me immense thrills, was very reliable, had a few long tours on it and never regretted that i bought a Hyosung over something else. Time to bid farewell to 2 wheelers for some time.

Would request moderators to lock the thread if needed.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 13th August 2013 at 20:05.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 09:21   #124
Team-BHP Support

I was waiting for an up-date as to how is the bike behaving. I myself have not gone for rides in more than a year, but with the 250, I can commute.

Hope you are back to bikes soon. Cheers
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks