Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 19:04   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
The GT shares its engine components with the SV and I don't think there should be a problem with rides.
Get the cooling components checked. That is what springs to one's mind. None stop riding makes the engine a lot smoother, wonder why its the opposite in your GT's case? I just hope the folks at Garware diagnose the problem and don't go for trials & errors.
Thanks Sheel,
The engine was indeed smooth all the way, it was only towards the end that gearshifts became hard, the engine was smooth, revving all the will redline without any hussle but the maddening city traffic + the hot coolant just couldnt keep it cool, will check the heating again in delhi in a few days and if its same, will get it checked for sure.

The mechanic here is a competent one, works on Goldwings and Busa as well so thats not my worry, just hope its a one off case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Excellent pics coolboy. I enjoy these nice long trips anyday compared to the weekend blasts.
P.S. This one is not listed on the Bachoo Motors site. If you like something on the RJays link that is not listed on the bachoo motors site, you can order it. Speak to Zulfi and refer my name if needed.
Thanks Aditya, i too prefer these long rides now than doing the same stuff every sunday, infact it was getting boring going the same road every sunday, will definitely get one luggage bag, the bag with bungee cords hinders riding as the bag starts moving and then touches the back. Will have a look and get something before next tour.

Next on my list is Lansdowne now, around 300 kms from where i am and its a beautiful hill station.

Quote:
+1. If the engine was really hot and temp bar was only showing 3 needles then something must be wrong. Better to have it checked.
Yes, the fans were spinning, the bike was hot but the temp was stuck at 3 bars, max i have seen is 5 bars on the guage. Will check it once in Delhi traffic and then take it to the service centre if the same thing repeats if its not, its just the case of hot coolant getting even hotter in this mad city traffic.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 25th April 2012 at 19:05.
Old 26th April 2012, 15:32   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey coolboy007, very nice thread you have here. Dont know how it took me so long to find it. I quite like the GT650 and it certainly does looks smoking hot in white. Your riding certainly proves that it is a competent bike that can meet the needs of most. I could certainly see myself owning a red+black GT650. If only my bank balance would agree with me

A tailbag is a must have if youre into touring. Ive seen Aditya's RJays and its quite spacious and is on my shopping list once the monsoons are done with. Looking forward to your Landsowne road trip. Happy riding!
Old 29th April 2012, 17:05   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Hey coolboy007, very nice thread you have here. Dont know how it took me so long to find it. I quite like the GT650 and it certainly does looks smoking hot in white. Your riding certainly proves that it is a competent bike that can meet the needs of most. I could certainly see myself owning a red+black GT650. If only my bank balance would agree with me
Thanks Neil. GT does have its fair share of issues like other bikes but isnt something which will make you pull your hair off or any teething issues, rest its still a relatively new bike and we will only know the real story after clocking 15-20k kms which at my pace will definitely take a long time.

All the best for your GT, keep working and that bank balance would definitely get you what you want really soon.
Quote:
A tailbag is a must have if youre into touring. Ive seen Aditya's RJays and its quite spacious and is on my shopping list once the monsoons are done with. Looking forward to your Landsowne road trip. Happy riding!
Will be looking for the tankbags, getting a new end can is my first preference now, preferably a Two brothers, trying to finance it now. Lansdowne will come in June.
Old 30th May 2012, 11:02   #109
Senior - BHPian

I just made a visit to Hyosung store at lajpat nagar, delhi. ST7 is a real drool bike at 6.5 lacs OTR, even i was thinking why i bought Desert storm 500 at 1.65 lacs and could have saved some more to invest on it. even GT650R is a good option at a price tag of 5.5 lacs
Old 24th June 2012, 10:35   #110
Senior - BHPian

Its been a long time since i updated this thread as there has really been nothing to update. Its been a fill it, ride it, park it journey. Havent been riding much as the heat in ncr is immense, the radiator fan kicks in the moment bike slows down.

GT continues to impress even now, just whack the throttle open at 140 and it lunges forward like a typical v twin. Riding in traffic is fun as there is oodles of torque way down at 2-3k rpm. Its been a smooth affair till now, havent faced any serious issue so far in 5400 kms. Started in a single crank today after almost a month of no riding.

3rd service is now due and a little stuff needs to be carried out besides regular servicing --

1. Rear brake pads are worn out at 5400 kms, dont know if its with all sportsbikes or GT has sub standard brake pads, I was shocked when the service guy told me that people have changed pads at 2000 kms and believe me am not a sane rider by any standards, Will try sourcing ebc pads next time.

2. Rectifier is being changed pro actively and i got a call about this, only for initial batches as there was some issue with few bikes.

3. I have been running without brake oil in rear container for past few hundred or even thousand kms. The brakes were functioning fine and the colorless nature of Dot 4 fooled me. Wonder if it has caused any damage to brake system.

4. Both side mirrors will be replaced with a new design which doesnt bend at high speeds.

Uploading 2 pics from the beautiful ride we had today, what a stretch it was and we all tested our top ends which i really wont mention here. Lol

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_103242.png
Views: 4786
Size:  629.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_103255.png
Views: 4152
Size:  517.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120624_103303.png
Views: 4661
Size:  513.6 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt
I just made a visit to Hyosung store at lajpat nagar, delhi. ST7 is a real drool bike at 6.5 lacs OTR, even i as thinking why i bought Desert storm 500 at 1.65 lacs and could have saved some morne to invest on it. even GT650R is a good option at a price tag of 5.5 lacs
Both are good bikes in their own sense, infact the GT650 naked is a very practical option for our country. Best of luck for your next our purchase.

EDIT : wonder why pics came rotated. A technical glitch may be, using the android app.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 24th June 2012 at 10:37.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:57   #111
Senior - BHPian

Coolboy,
Rather than just pouring in Brake Fluid Oil, Suggest you to check for any air bubbles as it might lead to drop in braking performance.
But where did the oil go?
Old 3rd October 2012, 00:12   #112
Senior - BHPian

Time flies and how, its been a year since the GT entered my life and i have had tons of fun on it. Small weekend dashes, inter city runs, the 1100 kms trip to himachal and what not. I remember everything, after driving cars for a week, sitting aboard a sportsbike on weekend is an all together different experience, the torque, the thrust, the acceleration is yummy, i can only imagine what fun the guys with inline 4's have

Was only able to do 5500 kms this year, thanks to the scorching delhi heat and my busy schedule, also got a VW Vento recently and the spotlight moved on it wherein i hardly got any time to ride. The winters are here and i hope to clock some more miles or maybe a quick dash to the hills as that is what the GT loves.

The expenses so far have been :

1. Fuel expenses - delivers around 18-21 km/l on how you ride, never got below 18 and the figure has been constant around this mark.

2. 1st service costed 3300, 2nd service costed 5600, got the rear brake pads changed last week for 1300 incl labour (earlier it used to be 2500-2600, now DSK has either brought in something else or slashed the prices). Its been easy on the pocket.

3. Unfortunately missed the 2 scheduled services as i was out of city and busy, so my 1 year warranty is now gone. The 2nd service happened at 2600 kms and i have run only 3000 kms after that so nothing to worry on that aspect, bike is running on fully synthetic Motul oil.

Nothing much to report really, havent faced any serious issue or niggle which demanded a visit to the workshop, going smooth so far.

I had an issue last week, would explain and request suggestions if it could be anything serious.

I didnt ride the bike for more than a month, it started fine on the first crank (took a little longer thats it), ran fine but after warming up significantly (temp touched 4 bars), i parked the bike home and noticed that the bike was misfiring, the idling wasnt smooth as before, after a minute of idling the bike shut down on its own while the radiator fans kept running.

Now i tried to start but the bike didnt, the display dimmed out and the crank was unable to start. The moment the radiator fans stopped, it started again normally.

After 5 minutes i did the whole thing again and got similar results, bike shut down on its own.

This thing is giving me jitters from past few weeks, hesitatingly i took the bike for a weekend ride and did 150 kms in one shot but everything now was normal. What i have been experiencing is that after warming up, around the 2000-3000 rpm mark, the bike misfires maybe once in 8-10 kms in 2nd or 3rd gear and i am now worried about the bike shutting down in traffic and leaving me stranded - what could be the issue?

1. Battery - ? Its only a year old, could it be that the battery wasnt charged as i didnt ride it for more than a month? It only happens when radiator fans kick in. Could it be the famous Hyosung rectifier/regulator issue?
Would they change it now since my bike is out of warranty, i can claim this was a defect in earlier lots.

2. Service due - could it be dirty or clogged air filter? The bike has done only 3000 kms since last air filter cleaning?

3. Bad fuel - i had refuelled from a not known/ever used petrol pump prior to this fiasco. But why misfires only when hot

Confused.

A pic of my bike after a cleaning and polishing session.
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-429861_10150613273411295_1560509395_n.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Coolboy,
Rather than just pouring in Brake Fluid Oil, Suggest you to check for any air bubbles as it might lead to drop in braking performance.
But where did the oil go?
Sorry for replying after decades, the oil was there, its just that my weak eyes somehow misinterpreted that there was no brake oil.
Old 25th November 2012, 09:55   #113
Senior - BHPian

Sad update -
Bike broke down today morning, i had tried starting it yesterday but it failed to crank, jump started and though all would be fine since i hadnt ridden it for around a month so thought battery would have lost chatge but today being a sunday, was prepared for the ride and when i cranked, bike failed to start.

projectors, horn and fuel priming sound comes but not enough juice to start the damn thing. I had already stater that i was having starting issues when radiator kicks in, it seems the rectifier/regulator has given in and not charging the battery.

Bike is out of warranty as i was out of India and missed 2 services but this rectifier (if faulty) is a known issue in earlier batches and was replaced in most cases, would press on dsk to give warranty on this part else i will be forced to pay up :(
Old 26th November 2012, 17:45   #114
BHPian

Really sad. I had the same issues with my Comet years back. The whole electrical system went kaput and with it it burnt out the fuel meter. Which obviously wasn't available as Kinetic had already packed up and left the party. Also had several issues with the rectifier and battery going dead.

Incidentally I did not have a good mechanic to resolve these issues but somehow did manage to get it up and running. I sold the bike to Sumit in Bangalore and he had mech who could work on the bike and bring it back to its pristine self. He went on to ride the comet to leh and back. His mech did a wonderful job on it and its running superb now.

I'd add here that the Hyosungs were wonderful to ride with great handling. The only problems were the electrical's being of shoddy quality.

I hope you get the warranty on it and bring the bike back up to speed.

Last edited by lionell : 26th November 2012 at 17:48.
Old 27th November 2012, 15:51   #115
Senior - BHPian

Sent a strong worded mail to DSK Pune and to my surprise got a call back within 10 minutes from Mr. A from Pune, he greeted me nicely and apologized for any inconvenience caused, i explained him everything and he has asked me to visit the service centre tomorrow morning at 10:30 where his technician will check things out.

Hoping that its just a small issue and nothing else, just had a chat with my friend who also has a GT and had the same issue as mine, rectifier was faulty in his case which was duly replaced, 95% - same is the issue with mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
I'd add here that the Hyosungs were wonderful to ride with great handling. The only problems were the electrical's being of shoddy quality.
I hope you get the warranty on it and bring the bike back up to speed.
Yeah, electrical's are a pain with Hyosung's, they act strange even after a water wash, going to SVC tomorrow, lets see what turns up. Already missing riding
Old 28th November 2012, 18:58   #116
Senior - BHPian

Update - the bike is up and running again

Visited the service centre in the morning at 11:30 and handed over the bike, within an hour they diagnosed that the rectifier was faulty indeed and surprisingly they had the said part in stock.

They removed the battery and it indicated 11.7 V which was put on charging till it attains 12.8 V, i was asked to go home if i wanted as i live nearby and come in the evening when they call after thoroughly testing the bike.

Received a call in the evening, the bike was all readied up but now the dealership's owner's brother who was there was confused if it was indeed a warranty claim or i had to pay.

I called Mr. A from Pune and explained him everything, he instructed the man that this was indeed a warranty claim but the guy kept insisting i had missed a service blah blah.

I was pissed to a point where my father had to raise his voice and finally say "i dont wanna argue with you, theres no point", the guy is really rude and doesnt deserve heading the dealership.

In the end, bike is up and running, am happy and thats all what matters.

The small part that had failed :

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-20121128_123012.jpg

Last edited by coolboy007 : 28th November 2012 at 19:13.
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:07   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I called Mr. A from Pune and explained him everything, he instructed the man that this was indeed a warranty claim but the guy kept insisting i had missed a service blah blah.
Mr. A should have been called up again & it would be nice to make him speak with the errant guy.

Thanks for the update.

Isn't the GT - N a bit more reliable than the R? This is what my silly brain computes after reading various ownership reports.

Its a bit too chilly to ride now in this part, esp early morning & late evenings (when the Sun isn't out)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 13:56   #118
BHPian

Not really 'errant' if the OP did miss a service.
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:10   #119
Team-BHP Support

Good going Coolboy, nice to know you have your motorcycle up and running again. These machines need to be cranked and run once in a few days to ensure nothing goes kaput on them.
Also, please remember to park your bike on a main stand if you head abroad again as partial exposure to the ground can cause the tyre surface to get uneven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
Not really 'errant' if the OP did miss a service.
If their products and image are not as top notch as its competitors, the least Hyosung / DSK can do is deploy a customer centric marketing strategy. Lets face it, Hyosung / DSK are far from being in a position to command their terms and be so stringent about void warranties.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 10:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Isn't the GT - N a bit more reliable than the R? This is what my silly brain computes after reading various ownership reports.
I think the GT N sold in very less numbers compared to the faired version so we really dont have much complaints about it, its the same bike minus the fairings. Shares all the mechanicals and parts with GT 650R.

This is the first big issue i have faced with this bike and that too within a year, i wasnt expecting this.

Quote:
Its a bit too chilly to ride now in this part, esp early morning & late evenings (when the Sun isn't out)
Agree , in summers the heat is so much that we dont ride, now its too cold but i would definitely go for a ride this sunday, its been months since i had one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Good going Coolboy, nice to know you have your motorcycle up and running again. These machines need to be cranked and run once in a few days to ensure nothing goes kaput on them.
Also, please remember to park your bike on a main stand if you head abroad again as partial exposure to the ground can cause the tyre surface to get uneven.
Thanks manson, i didnt care for her and she started throwing tantrums. Would keep in mind about the main stand though any trip abroad now would be for less than a month and i think it should be ok to leave it on side stand for that period, isnt it?

Quote:
If their products and image are not as top notch as its competitors, the least Hyosung / DSK can do is deploy a customer centric marketing strategy. Lets face it, Hyosung / DSK are far from being in a position to command their terms and be so stringent about void warranties.
+1.
It was a part which they knew was prone to failures and was replaced under recalls, i didnt get a call and faced a breakdown. Their bikes are facing niggles and as you they the least they can do is having a customer centric approach.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks