Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2015, 17:42   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant06 View Post
In the second picture, is the bike in the rear, a Street Bob with bigger profile front tyres and a 7' headlamp?
Yup. It's a cutomised Street Bob that we got done at TNT Motors, Gurgaon. He is also carrying one of our 48's that he has customised to this years IBW, Goa. Both front and rear tyres are bigger, Fat Boy Headlight and Straight Handlebars etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Are you riding to IBW this time around? Looking forward to meet you and other fellow Team BHP rider there. Look for #LLB and it would be either me, Shubz or Sreejith there.
6 of us from Meerut Mutineers are reaching there for sure including me, but its too long a ride for us both ways. We usually hire Bullets there and do a small excursion while we are there. Last time we went to Dudhsagar Falls at Karnataka border. Watch for our Mutineers patch on the back of our jackets. Last time around I had the pleasure to meet Shubz there. BTW what does #LLB stand for?
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2015, 19:37   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Yup. It's a cutomised Street Bob that we got done at TNT Motors, Gurgaon. He is also carrying one of our 48's that he has customised to this years IBW, Goa. Both front and rear tyres are bigger, Fat Boy Headlight and Straight Handlebars etc.

6 of us from Meerut Mutineers are reaching there for sure including me, but its too long a ride for us both ways. We usually hire Bullets there and do a small excursion while we are there. Last time we went to Dudhsagar Falls at Karnataka border. Watch for our Mutineers patch on the back of our jackets. Last time around I had the pleasure to meet Shubz there. BTW what does #LLB stand for?
It was indeed a pleasure meeting you last year Dhiraj sir. Looking forward to meeting you again this year as well!

LLB is the name of our riding group (Nothing to do with the degree at Law)
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2015, 16:36   #513
Senior - BHPian

So discovered the 1st Puncture on my bike today. Was checking the tyre pressure and the rear tyre had lost 10 psi while the front tyre pressure was bang on. Suspected the puncture. Checked and found a 2" nail embedded in the rear. Must have been a gift from the Bharatpur trip...lolz. But the bike bought me safely home. That's the pleasure of the tubeless tyre. Here it is marked with some oil -

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-1st-puncture-30012015.jpg

Got it repaired from my local tyre wallah. Took less than 5 minutes and all of 50 bucks. The extra repair rubber will supposedly merge out in a few days -
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-1st-puncture-30012015repaired.jpg

Meanwhile also received by customised Team BHP hoodie -
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-team-bhp-dkaile-hoodie.jpg

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 08:50   #514
Senior - BHPian

Another Sunday, Another Ride...

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-01022015.jpg

Couldn't resist this Mutineer's Patch shot from the Bharatpur trip

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-mutineers-bharatpur.jpg

And it was so heartening to see our Indian Royal Enfield overtake Harley Davidson in worldwide sales - http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/46090462.cms

Make in India! Cheers...
Old 2nd February 2015, 13:28   #515
BHPian

Quote:
So discovered the 1st Puncture on my bike today. Was checking the tyre pressure and the rear tyre had lost 10 psi while the front tyre pressure was bang on. Suspected the puncture.

Yes the rubber will even out but it takes some time as in 100-200km of riding so don't be alarmed even if it is protruding and apparent after 100km . Eventually it will merge in completely and prove quite difficult to pin point just by sight .

Btw first puncture since purchasing the bike is very good , stock tires are dunlops right ? . I have had 3 now in 2k km only :( and one is not fixed properly so air refill every 4-6 days .
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:51   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
stock tires are dunlops right ? . I have had 3 now in 2k km only :( and one is not fixed properly so air refill every 4-6 days .
The Stock tyres are Michelin Scorchers. Kindly get your tubeless puncture re-fixed which should solve your issue.
Old 9th February 2015, 10:48   #517
Senior - BHPian

2nd Service @ 8100kms - 08-02-2015

The bike had crossed 8K kms which is scheduled mileage for the 2nd service after the initial one 1k mark. As we had to gt around 6 bikes fully serviced and 2 bikes had minor works, we co-ordinated with Capital Harley, Gurgaon to send over their technicians to Meerut for the combined job. Initially they were asking for 2.5k extra per bike over and above their normal service charges to send outstation but after persistent demand they agreed to send 2 technicians with just to and fro taxi fare to be paid as extra.

The technicians reached early by 9 am and work was started at a friends place
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-2nd-service-08022015_1.jpg

Cartons of SYN-3 Synthetic Oil, strangely in quarts per bottle (946ml)
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-2nd-service-08022015_2.jpg

Flat Jacks to lift the bike
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-2nd-service-08022015_3.jpg

Lots of cleaners and sprays. All branded Wurth & K&N. Even air filters were washed and cleaned by air filter cleaner sprays.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-2nd-service-08022015_4.jpg

My bike jacked up to change the oil. 2.6L for the engine and 0.9L for the transmission and clutch
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-2nd-service-08022015_5.jpg

Panasonic Tough Book was carried along to give each bike a Birth Certificate and auto program the ECU for the best settings
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-2nd-service-08022015_6.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-2nd-service-08022015_7.jpg

Total damages were Rs. 7236/- for the Sportster engined bikes and 8691/- for the 1600 cc bikes. My rear brake pads were also gone and I had to shell around 3.3K extra for that bringing my Total Damages to 10.5K for this service. Taxi charges of around 4k was shared by the 6 of us. Here's the photo of the worn out brake pads. Too early according to me at just 8k kms but normal according to them for bikes travelling at speeds of 140-160 which requires more stopping power.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-2nd-service-08022015_8.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 9th February 2015 at 10:50.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 12:26   #518
Senior - BHPian

Dkaile, I have followed your thread very closely and am very very impressed by your passion, which comes out in each and every post of yours.

in fact, your ownership report has convinced me to upgrade from my TB 500 to a superlow later this year. I may reach out to you for some advice prior to that.

Keep riding!
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 09:54   #519
BHPian

Dkaile,
I see you have an after-market horn setup on your ride. No issues from HD on that?
Old 10th February 2015, 13:01   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
I see you have an after-market horn setup on your ride. No issues from HD on that?
There were issues with the horn switch on the Sportsters in India upto 2012 models and many gave way due to lower amperage rating, which they have subsequently upgraded post 2012. In fact 3 of our 2011-12 model Sportsters underwent a addition of a horn relay which was done free of cost pro-actively under a Harley service campaign during this service. The technician told me that 2013 onward models can easily take a load of 5~10A horns and hence they have no issues with the horn attachment. Anyways I have not cut any original wiring and the same can easily be removed in the rare case some issue does crop up. The OE single horn is about 4A whereas the dual horns added by me are a 5A unit. BOTH are made by ROOTS and hence OE units. If you would have read my previous posts I had already mentioned this issue in detail. In fact we got a after market Italian horn fitted by them in one of the Sportsters. That's one of the advantages of calling them to our place rather than taking the bike to their service station.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 14:15   #521
Senior - BHPian

Dhiraj sir,

8k is too less for one to be changing brake pads! Me on 17k - still with stock rear brake pads. only the fronts got changed over the last service @ 16000.

Shubz
Old 10th February 2015, 16:08   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Dhiraj sir,

8k is too less for one to be changing brake pads! Me on 17k - still with stock rear brake pads. only the fronts got changed over the last service @ 16000.

Shubz
Unless Dhiraj sir does too much city riding. Which is not the case I suppose.

#LLB
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 16:43   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
does too much city riding. Which is not the case I suppose.
I was also surprised at the rear brakes going @8k whereas the front brake pads are nearly new with more than 50% thickness still left. I always try to use both brakes on the highway but I do go for short 1-2km tennis run locally almost daily. That may have contributed for the rear ones going away early. Also all of the bikes here have had the rear pads changed well before 8k mark some even as early as 4k. Bad roads and lots of local traffic can be a contributor as well as the bad early habit of using the rear brake as the primary stopper whereas it should be vice-a-verse.
Old 10th February 2015, 16:58   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also all of the bikes here have had the rear pads changed well before 8k mark some even as early as 4k. Bad roads and lots of local traffic can be a contributor as well as the bad early habit of using the rear brake as the primary stopper whereas it should be vice-a-verse.
Ok Bad road conditions leads to rider using more or rear brakes than front.. These bikes are not designed for regular city use - at least not for the indian cities.

But changing at 4k is hideous! However bad the road conditions are!
Old 10th February 2015, 19:10   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways I have not cut any original wiring and the same can easily be removed in the rare case some issue does crop up. If you would have read my previous posts I had already mentioned this issue in detail.
Thanks for the details Sir
Good to hear that they accommodate stuff and don't cry foul at 1st glance like some manufacturers.

Have read the entire thread, but it's really detailed, so ul have to pardon me for forgetting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks