Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2014, 11:40   #406
BHPian

Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejith.j View Post
The Big bore kit is not legal in India as you cannot change the engine specifications after its entered in the RC. HD India and HD dealers do not support it.
Ohh, I never knew that. But i know people who have got it done with their iron in India. Moreover cant it be done before registering the bike with the RTO?

Let me find out with Capital Harley here.
Old 4th September 2014, 13:12   #407
BHPian

EDIT: I just spoke to my guy in Capital harley gurgaon and it seems they support it and it would cost me 1Lac+
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 15:21   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Ohh, I never knew that. But i know people who have got it done with their iron in India. Moreover cant it be done before registering the bike with the RTO?

Let me find out with Capital Harley here.
There are many (including 1 in our riding group who has upgraded to the 1200 kit) But that's not legal.

It becomes illegal the moment you change the specs, be it before buying (which I am sure no dealer will do it) or after.

EDIT: After seeing your new post - I am AGHAST! What do you they mean by support? Tusker folks clearly mentioned - Illegal/No support. But may be supporting discreetly.

Last edited by Shubz : 4th September 2014 at 15:23.
Old 4th September 2014, 15:58   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
It becomes illegal the moment you change the specs, be it before buying (which I am sure no dealer will do it) or after.

EDIT: After seeing your new post - I am AGHAST! What do you they mean by support? Tusker folks clearly mentioned - Illegal/No support. But may be supporting discreetly.
The guy just said that they'll do it for 1lac. Maybe as you said, off the books. So being illegal would make me lose my warranty and insurance? I better stay away from it then.
Old 4th September 2014, 16:57   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
The guy just said that they'll do it for 1lac. Maybe as you said, off the books. So being illegal would make me lose my warranty and insurance? I better stay away from it then.
T1200 may be on it's way to India. In case you are yet to take delivery then check on the availability of T1200 instead of XL883. Worth the wait for couple of more months (only if it is a couple) for T1200 and make it legal with support than upgrade your 883 to 1200 with additional 1L. The price difference between the two models may be around the same. Here you get a bike that is legal in all size and shape.
Old 4th September 2014, 19:17   #411
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The guy just said that they'll do it for 1lac. Maybe as you said, off the books. So being illegal would make me lose my warranty and insurance?
They will do it officially and you won't lose any warranty . Only trouble that can be Insurance claim if something goes wrong severely but chances are low as engine number won't be different and none of Insurance companies actually measures CC or even if they do this can be managed at workshop by reverting to original setup .

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th September 2014 at 19:19.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2014, 19:33   #412
Senior - BHPian

This is a really nice color on the Superlow which looks like Cherry to me. I have rarely seen this color here in India. Wonder why they don't sell it here?

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-superlow-cherry_1.jpeg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-superlow-cherry_2.jpeg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-superlow-cherry_5.jpeg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-superlow-cherry_3.jpeg

And I would love it if they would give the seat in this tan color from the Indian Scout. Planning to get this done for my seat in the aftermarket...

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-seatscoutlg.jpg

This completes 1 year of the Superlow with me and of which I am enjoying every moment. Though I would have liked to do much more miles than the 5k kms I have approximately done. Also renewed the Insurance today, online, from ICICI Lombard @7.5k. Got a 20% NCB. First vehicle after a long time in which I have renewed the 2nd year Insurance with a comprehensive one. Usually I do just 3rd party, 2nd year onwards.

Last edited by dkaile : 6th September 2014 at 19:44.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 16:04   #413
BHPian

Congratulations !!! On the first year. You continue to enrich us all with the HD experience. I wish you loads of happy mile munching with it.
Vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 20:18   #414
Senior - BHPian

Sunday Ride to Murthal

Had a longish 200kms Sunday ride yesterday to Murthal.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-murthal-ride-14092014_1.jpg

The place is famous for its roadside dhabas, which would shame some fancy restaurants btw, and crème de la crème there are these wonderful paranthas with 'makkhan' which are supposed to be downed with the thick meethi 'lassi'.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-murthal-ride-14092014_2.jpg

A new member joined in with his swanking new Amber Whiskey Fat Boy. Boy, is it gorgeous!!
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-murthal-ride-14092014_5.jpg

We got a lot of eyeballs as usual
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-murthal-ride-14092014_4.jpg

But it was sad to see this brilliant machine relegated to the sidelines and lost in the crowd. Hell even the Bullets were looking swankier and getting more attention!
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-murthal-ride-14092014_3.jpg

Completed the 5k mark finally
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-murthal-ride-14092014_6.jpg

And the machine trudging on strong as ever
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-murthal-ride-14092014_7.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 15th September 2014 at 20:21.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 21:35   #415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A new member joined in with his swanking new Amber Whiskey Fat Boy
This looks cool , did you exchanged your rides , how different do you find handling of Fatboy with Street Bob ?

Quote:
We got a lot of eyeballs as usual
Yape , specially when you let them roar together , Fat Boy suits you better , with one in your group maybe you will start having etching soon

Quote:
But it was sad to see this brilliant machine relegated to the sidelines and lost in the crowd. Hell even the Bullets were looking swankier and getting more attention!
I am sure if you had parked your sportster alongside same would have also got mingled with those puny bikes , at least that's what happens to mine :(

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th September 2014 at 21:48.
Old 16th September 2014, 08:05   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This looks cool , did you exchanged your rides , how different do you find handling of Fatboy with Street Bob ?
Yes, I had a short ride earlier but not on this Fat Boy. This big boy is cumbersome in the city and the narrow lanes of the city in which I live. Its primarily meant to be ridden on open highways and not in our typical Indian conditions. That is not to say I won't get one ever.
Quote:
Yape , specially when you let them roar together , Fat Boy suits you better , with one in your group maybe you will start having etching soon
We already have a Black Fat Boy special in our group if you would have seen our earlier pictures. And we always get eyeballs irrespective of whether an 'Orangu' joins us or not .
Quote:
I am sure if you had parked your sportster alongside same would have also got mingled with those puny bikes , at least that's what happens to mine :(
My Sportster always gets attention even when standing alone. Because its always gleaming with TLC. I feel disappointed when bike enthusiasts don't take care of their bikes and give just 5 minutes to their bikes everyday. Nothing turns me off more than a dirty bike.

Last edited by dkaile : 16th September 2014 at 08:19.
Old 16th September 2014, 09:33   #417
Senior - BHPian

The Fatboy does look cool. 17lac or so here at Cochin.

You should have taken more pix of the bike on RHS, the one people are staring at
Old 16th September 2014, 09:38   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The Fatboy does look cool. 17lac or so here at Cochin.

You should have taken more pix of the bike on RHS, the one people are staring at
Yup, that's the price in Delhi too. I have posted pictures of the Ducati previously on this thread as one of our members owns the best of both world with a Ducati Diavel and a Fat Bob in his garage. You can look through previous pages and enjoy it...
Old 16th September 2014, 15:01   #419
Senior - BHPian

What's the charm of a Sportster? And what type of people ride one favoring this (comparatively) lighter bike over the heavier Harleys? This Roberto Rossi video sums it up nicely. Don't miss the custom accessories which incidentally are easiest to install on a Sportster, especially the sweep back speedo, the round side mirrors and the side start switch...

Everything in life is NOT all about speed. Cheers and ride safe.

Last edited by dkaile : 16th September 2014 at 15:08.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 22:15   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
What's the charm of a Sportster? And what type of people ride one favoring this (comparatively) lighter bike over the heavier Harleys? This Roberto Rossi video sums it up nicely. Don't miss the custom accessories which incidentally are easiest to install on a Sportster, especially the sweep back speedo, the round side mirrors and the side start switch...

Everything in life is NOT all about speed. Cheers and ride safe.
Amazing video and thanks for sharing dkaile sir. I guess this is nightster and sadly we do not have this bike in our line-up here. Supposedly it has got one of the best ground clearance and very comfortable to ride as well I guess. Saw a couple of them here in Bangalore and it looks very neat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks