Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 11:49   #226
BHPian

Re: Harley Street 750 Test Ride: Handling, Exhaust Note & more

One person has received his bike at jaipur . Said brakes are tuned better and wiring is better (though I failed to notice that in the multiple pictures highlighting exposed connectors).

I paid a visit the the website of endurance technologies as well(vendor for suspension and brakes ) . Their main product is aluminium castings for engine components. Customers list included honda bajaj suzuki mahindra etc in the motorbike segment and BMW and audi among others in the 4 wheeler segment (I'm assuming for aluminium casting ).

They are also in the brakes and suspension business but only cater towards commuter segment motorcycles ( based on the products listed ) - brakes were rated for between 100- 150 cc motorbikes , suspension ranged from those used in scooters upto 350 cc motorcycle. Based on this , it seems like this is the first time they are supplying these parts for a 750 cc performance motorbike .
Old 19th April 2014, 14:51   #227
BHPian

This is my first post in Team BHP and very excited to be here and apologize in case of any mistakes in the post

I was in a similar dilemma and had booked Street 750. Upon repeated visits and test ride I felt the bike is little too small for my frame. I am 6 ft and ~ 86 Kg. While the bike was very good to ride it looked very small and was little uncomfortable for my height.

Street 750 was the most affordable Harley for me to fulfill my dream of owning a Harley. While I was happy and excited with Street 750 test ride, I was not fully convinced that this is the bike I really want.

Some of the shortcomings discussed in this very thread on the quality of build, wiring and brakes got me more confused that am I compromising too much to fulfill my dream. Halfhearted I was eagerly waiting with some excitement for my own Street to drive it on Bangalore streets.

But looks like I was not destined to buy Street 750 and my luck had other plans in place. I chanced upon a pre-owned Superlow 883 sportster advertisement on one of the very common website and very next day around 7 am I met the owner and struck a deal. This bike was very well maintained and was in mint condition waiting to be picked up. The seller was a 54 year old executive who had bought this bike to fulfill his Harley Dream.

To be very sure on my purchase I rode Superlow 883 in the morning and same day went to Tusker Harley and checked out Street in comparison with Superlow for me to make the final decision. My heart and mind was very much in sync this time and it was Superlow 883. I had a sense of satisfaction that I am making the right decision and this is the bike I want to ride around on Bangalore streets.

There is no comparison between Superlow / iron 883 and street 750. While street 750 is very good option in this segment, this will not give you the feel and experience of their senior siblings.

Tusker Harley was kind enough to adjust by Street 750 booking towards suspension upgrade to increase ground clearance and I am enjoying every bit of my Harley experience now.

My personal view: Street 750 sounds very good if you are medium built and ride solo very often and definitely comfortable for city riding. For a true Harley experience one should look beyond Street 750. There are many pre-owned Harleys maintained very well that one can look at if you are not very particular on being the first owner.
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 17:00   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I chanced upon a pre-owned Superlow 883 sportster advertisement on one of the very common website and very next day around 7 am I met the owner and struck a deal.
Congrats ! can you share what's Year of Production & how much bike has run & what all accessories are fitted . I am thinking of upgrading to Dyna family and might sell mine .
Quote:
suspension upgrade to increase ground clearance
What all parts needed to be changed and what's total expense - are these parts readily available ?
Old 19th April 2014, 19:02   #229
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Congrats ! can you share what's Year of Production & how much bike has run & what all accessories are fitted . I am thinking of upgrading to Dyna family and might sell mine .

What all parts needed to be changed and what's total expense - are these parts readily available ?
You planning to sell?? Reason?
Get a bigger engine kit (1250cc)and fat rear end.
You will love smoking twin cams( pretty much every thing else aswell) on the road.
Sportster already has all the hardware needed for an upgrade!
Old 19th April 2014, 20:25   #230
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Turbanator. The bike is June 2011 model and has run around 20,000 Kms but well maintained with periodic service without even a single scratch. Accessories include SE stage 1 exhaust, dual seat, back rest, Chrome number plate with indicators mounted on it and SE intake filter / kit.

Tusker Harley has suspension upgrade kit readily available for Superlow and it costed me ~ 30K. They have changed front and rear suspension and Jiffy stand. So far the bike has easily cleared all road humps without any problem even with the pillion rider.
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 20:31   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You planning to sell?? Reason?
for my height & physique I find sportster bit smaller, besides suspension & handling of street bob is far better than my sportster ..
Old 19th April 2014, 21:24   #232
BANNED

Quote:

for my height & physique I find sportster bit smaller, besides suspension & handling of street bob is far better than my sportster ..
No other bike in entire Harley stable will even come close to handling of sportster! Its just that Foot pegs scrap too early, if you raise your bike you can exploit the real beauty of its geometry and awesome sticky rubber of superlow.
None of the dynas keep up with even stock sportster in hills!
But ofcourse Dynas have their own charm! And are more comfortable for sure!
If you are into frequent long rides, dynas will suit you.

Grass on other side is always green!
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 23:01   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tusker Harley has suspension upgrade kit readily available for Superlow and it costed me ~ 30K.
Is this something from Harley or some other make , can you list down the parts they replaced , with part numbers in case it's of Harley . Local dealers don't have a cue ..
Old 21st April 2014, 23:17   #234
BHPian

Quick update - Harley Pune agrees to deliver Red or Matte Black Street 750 in 10 days. Says friend who booked there. Will confirm tomorrow. No news on Gloss Black.
Old 22nd April 2014, 12:25   #235
BHPian

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion on the Harley 750 Official Review Thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Is this something from Harley or some other make , can you list down the parts they replaced , with part numbers in case it's of Harley . Local dealers don't have a cue ..
I do not have the part details handy with me. All parts are of Harley and the way I understand the parts are from one of it's siblings which fit SuperLow model. I know quiet a few of my friends who have got a similar upgrade done.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd April 2014 at 17:45. Reason: Link to review
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks