Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 12:47   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Thanks Djay. The sound with Mivv slip-on is fantastic. It would be a real racket when closing in on the red line i reckon (A real nice racket). When did you move to Hyderabad though?
Old 11th May 2015, 19:42   #182
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The sound from the MIVV is really amazing Djay. How is the sound on long rides - does it get irritating? I used to have a RE Bullet with a Goldstar silencer and it would get really irritating on long rides. You still continue to hear a certain humming sound in your ears even after you have stopped.

Also, does fitting the MIVV void the warranty?
Old 11th May 2015, 23:13   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Thanks Djay. The sound with Mivv slip-on is fantastic. It would be a real racket when closing in on the red line i reckon (A real nice racket). When did you move to Hyderabad though?
Yeah sumit. I moved to Hyd last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The sound from the MIVV is really amazing Djay. How is the sound on long rides - does it get irritating? I used to have a RE Bullet with a Goldstar silencer and it would get really irritating on long rides. You still continue to hear a certain humming sound in your ears even after you have stopped.

Also, does fitting the MIVV void the warranty?
It does not get irritating but i would recommend wearing ear plugs as wind noise also makes rider uncomfortable. Earlier with stock exhaust post 80 or 90kmph, i used to hear just wind noise but now i hear exhaust note as well
I will try to record video when i am on the move.

In India, any modification will void warranty. You must be knowing that Kawasaki sells Z800 Performance Edition with Akrapovic exhaust.
But installing an Akra in india voids warranty (just on the engine though).
Old 10th June 2015, 14:44   #184
Senior - BHPian

Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800

Hyderabad heat and work did not allow me to ride.
But some time in last week went on a short ride for about 30km as weather was cool in the evening. Had lot of fun.

Odo is at around 3900 and every time I start the engine, I feel very happy to hear exhaust note. Engine is very smooth.

But this happiness is fading as I have to let her go as I am relocating to another country.
It's difficult for me to think about placing an ad for sale. But I have do it as there is no one in the family who can ride my bike and take care.

So I am moving out of sbk scene for some time.
Look forward to buying one upon returning.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th June 2015 at 22:30. Reason: Edited. Invalid attachment removed.
djay99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 15:07   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post

But this happiness is fading as i have to let her go as i am relocating to another country.
It's difficult for me to think about placing an ad for sale. But i have do it as there is no one in the family who can ride my bike and take care.
Can you sell me your exhaust?
Old 10th June 2015, 15:16   #186
BHPian

@Djay99 So time has come it seems One of the first threads that helped me make my decision and a whole of help from you during the purchase and after that ! Only one ride though ! Half way ride is still pending !

Meanwhile, could you list the accessories you are planning to sell seperately ?
Maybe, something catches my fancy!
Old 10th June 2015, 16:08   #187
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to hear that Djay (the part about selling the bike). Depending on how long you plan to relocate - you could keep the bike with someone to take care of it - use it atleast once a week, have it serviced regularly. Someone you can trust to take care of and not abuse the bike.

The other option is you sell it and buy a bike in the country where you relocating to - its much cheaper there and you have more options. Reside there for 2 years and then get it back to India under TR - it will still be cheaper than importing

If you still decide to sell it - I believe it will be the first ever Z800 for sale in India.
Old 10th June 2015, 20:37   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Can you sell me your exhaust?
Please check PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
@Djay99 So time has come it seems One of the first threads that helped me make my decision and a whole of help from you during the purchase and after that ! Only one ride though ! Half way ride is still pending !

Meanwhile, could you list the accessories you are planning to sell seperately ?
Maybe, something catches my fancy!
Thanks for nice words sourjya. Good to hear that my thread helped you to take a decision. I don't think half way ride is possible. Will message you.

Quote:
Sad to hear that Djay (the part about selling the bike). Depending on how long you plan to relocate - you could keep the bike with someone to take care of it - use it atleast once a week, have it serviced regularly. Someone you can trust to take care of and not abuse the bike.

The other option is you sell it and buy a bike in the country where you relocating to - its much cheaper there and you have more options. Reside there for 2 years and then get it back to India under TR - it will still be cheaper than importing

If you still decide to sell it - I believe it will be the first ever Z800 for sale in India.
I don't have any one in the family to ride such a powerful bike. Also nearest service station is 600KM away from my hometown. Logical solution is to sell and move on.
I don't think mine would be the first Z800 for sale as i saw few Ads posted on FB page. Some owners might be holding on as there is a price hike coming sometime in next month.

Yes even i would like to explore TR option as i might stay for over 2 years. Are you aware of import duty?
Good thing about the city i am relocating to is that petrol is cheaper than water
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 21:47   #189
BHPian

Quote:
But this happiness is fading as i have to let her go as i am relocating to another country.
It's difficult for me to think about placing an ad for sale. But i have do it as there is no one in the family who can ride my bike and take care.

So i am moving out of sbk scene for some time.
Thanks for all the experience shared with us. All the very best in your venture
Old 11th June 2015, 16:57   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But this happiness is fading as I have to let her go as I am relocating to another country.
It's difficult for me to think about placing an ad for sale. But I have do it as there is no one in the family who can ride my bike and take care.

So I am moving out of sbk scene for some time.
That is definitely sad news. I remember hounding you with questions about the Z800 and asking for contacts at the Kawasaki showroom in Bangalore. I couldn't make my dream come true for the time being but always thought that you would be the first one to ride with when I get one. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and I am sure you will get something worthy at the place you are relocating to.

Do PM me details of the sale, maybe I can do something.
Old 15th June 2015, 22:54   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
Thanks for all the experience shared with us. All the very best in your venture
Thank you pratap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
That is definitely sad news. I remember hounding you with questions about the Z800 and asking for contacts at the Kawasaki showroom in Bangalore. I couldn't make my dream come true for the time being but always thought that you would be the first one to ride with when I get one. I wish you the best in your future endeavors and I am sure you will get something worthy at the place you are relocating to.

Do PM me details of the sale, maybe I can do something.
All the best sumit. Have sent you a PM.
Old 28th July 2015, 22:56   #192
Senior - BHPian

Got some time this evening and went out on a short ride. Crossed 4k mark

Zee comes home - My 2014 Kawasaki Z800-imageuploadedbyteambhp1438104359.544200.jpg
Old 29th July 2015, 20:03   #193
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Djay,congrats on the 4k mark. I think by the time u complete a year, you would be nidging around the 6k mark. And bang on time for the 3rd service.

What happened about your plans to sell the Z?
Old 19th August 2015, 18:24   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Djay,congrats on the 4k mark. I think by the time u complete a year, you would be nidging around the 6k mark. And bang on time for the 3rd service.

What happened about your plans to sell the Z?
Thanks V12. I doubt about 6K mark in another year.
Yes planning to sell but not getting good offer (missed a couple though ). Meanwhile thinking about storing it as per instruction manual. Its pretty
uncomplicated to store big bikes for long term.

Rode to my hometown from Hyderabad recently. Weather was super cool as it was partly raining on that day. Enjoyed 200KM ride the most till date. It was a 2 lane, not so good road but the plush suspension kept me happy.
This bike can be used for touring if we can get seat softened & raise handlebar to make riding position further upright.
Also i got 20.5KMPL fuel efficiency which is decent.

There is a R1 in my hometown. So only 2 Sbk here right now. I am treated like a king where ever i go
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 12:54   #195
BHPian

Hi team-bhp, This will be my 1st post on this website. I have been following Team-bhp since many years. Following this thread as I am interested to buy Z800 may be in next 6 months.

Hi Djay, I am sure you are enjoying every bit of the ride on Z800 and I also understand how it feels to depart from something that you love so much. So coming to the point, I see that you wanted to sell your beast and I wanted to know more details. I dint know how to PM you or contact you personally. Could you please send me details? Dont know if I can share my contact details here?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks