Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2023, 20:04   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by doga View Post
I am looking for a reliable mechanic in the Mumbai area, preferably Navi Mumbai/Thane. I've got an R1 which would require a proper bypass surgery, so would like a well equipped garage which has reliably put together old gen superbikes before. I do read about a guy called Johnny based out of Khar but his fb page was last updated in 2019!
Bike to be fixed is a Yamaha R1 2004 model.
Many thanks in advance!
Hey have you found anyone yet for the R1? You may want to consider the zenngine in mira road. Yes its far but you will like them.
Old 7th February 2024, 12:02   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
How much will it cost to rebuild the engine of a Kawasaki z800 or Street Triple 675 cleanly?I am thinking of buying a used one next year. Before I buy a second hand vehicle I always ask for the approximate price of a rebuild to know if I can handle it if it happens. But can't find anything like that in online forums.
A friend of ours crashed his 2021 Z900 which was sent to the Kawasaki Mumbai SVC - They gave a estimate of 12.5 lacs excluding Chassis & Engine works.

I think you can approximate your calculations based off this information.

Btw that guy wrote off the bike in ZeroDep Insurance.
Old 11th April 2024, 17:43   #348
dvv
BHPian

I finally got a bunch parts replaced on my 2022 Tiger 900 GT under warranty.

In Aug last year, I had done a 8800 km ride to Ladakh (Chennai-Ladakh-Chennai). Had a part failure & noticed a few issues during the long trip - fortunately was able to conclude the trip without any hindrance.

1. Heated Grips Failure - I had used the heated grips in torrential rain from Sagar to Delhi for about 250-300kms (We were caught in very heavy rain and had no other option than to ride North to escape the wet weather). After a nights stay at Greater Noida, we resumed our journey the next morning, only to notice the grips were dead. There was no reaction to pressing the buttons nor any error code on the console. Simply dead.

2. Rear Indicator Water Ingress / Fogging - With all the wet weather we encountered in the trip, we also noticed the rear led indicators were fogging up with water ingress. The bike had not taken any physical impact at all, yet the water ingress - only conclusion was the weather seal or something was failing.

3. Under Seat Box Push Latch failure - The Tiger 900 had a useless under seat compartment for keeping a singular wafer thin mobile and USB charging port. We've never managed to fit our device in this spot, hence left it to store photo-copies of the vehicle docs inside. This compartment has a push latch which failed - we could neither open it nor when open close it again.

All the above 3 issues were reported to Khivraj Triumph in Oct 2023 when the bike was given for 20000 km service.

I was told warranty claim will be made and once approved / parts shipped to the centre I'd be called for fixing the new parts.

This was around the time Bajaj had taken over the India operations - parts were in short supply, back orders were huge and claims were stuck in limbo.

After a lot of back and forth and follow-up, my warranty claim was finally approved in Jan 2024 (Yes, a whole 3+ months later). Parts turned up sometime in the middle of March, just before a MH-MP bike ride I had planned.

I finally made an appointment for 30th March and got the bike back on the 1st of April.

I had a few other minor requests as well - Chain tightening, fixing up a couple of bolts on the sump guard etc. Everything was taken care as requested.

I've attached a bill copy to indicate how much it would have cost had I paid for the above parts out of pocket.

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-bill.png

Last edited by dvv : 11th April 2024 at 17:45. Reason: Added bike year
dvv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 18:28   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvv View Post
I finally got a bunch parts replaced on my 2022 Tiger 900 GT under warranty.

Attachment 2593452
Congrats! After a lot of trouble I suppose One thing that caught my eye is the LH heated grip. Why would it be costly than RH one and 28% GST against 18% for RH? Of course, doesnt matter since its under warranty replacement but something seems off here with the pricing.

Last edited by vijai : 11th April 2024 at 18:31.
Old 11th April 2024, 18:36   #350
dvv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijai View Post
Congrats! After a lot of trouble I suppose One thing that caught my eye is the LH heated grip. Why would it be costly than RH one and 28% GST against 18% for RH? Of course, doesnt matter since its under warranty replacement but something seems off here with the pricing.
The LH grip houses the switch/button to control the heated grip - I presume that is why its more expensive than the RH grip. Regarding GST difference, well that is way out of my league to answer
dvv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 20:24   #351
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the difference in GST could be because the LH grip contains the controls for all the switches and may be classified as an electric / electronic part - hence a higher GST.

The RH would be considered as a rubber part or a non electric / electronic item - and hence lower GST.
Old 12th April 2024, 16:12   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I believe the difference in GST could be because the LH grip contains the controls for all the switches and may be classified as an electric / electronic part - hence a higher GST.

The RH would be considered as a rubber part or a non electric / electronic item - and hence lower GST.
Well, the indicators are taxed at 18% despite being electronic. Besides, 28% is reserved for sinful/luxury items. 28% on labour is correct but I dont think any spares falls under 28% as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvv View Post
Regarding GST difference, well that is way out of my league to answer
The billing is centralized and controlled by Triumph/Bajaj I believe. This seem to be a data entry error to me.
vijai is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks