Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2019, 10:46   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Is there no Africa Twin owner on this forum?
Please get in touch with Pune BHPian Happysmiles.
Old 20th March 2019, 12:46   #257
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Just got my Bonnie serviced yesterday and I need to get the battery replaced. It is on its last leg now and the battery dies if the bike is not used for a few days. Since I use the Bonnie to commute to work at least 4 days a week I want to replace it asap.

Does anyone have any leads as to where I can source this battery?

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-2014-bonneville-se-battery.jpg

Thanks in advance for the replies.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 14:10   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Does anyone have any leads as to where I can source this battery?

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Contact Big Bear Customs on double road opposite the KSRTC bus stand. They have it with unfortunately a 6 month warranty only which puts me off. A 1 year warranty would have been better.

But price was competitive at 5.5k INR only.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 18:48   #259
BHPian

The bill for the first service of my Ninja 1000. Quite high for something that took less than an hour.

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-bill.jpg
Hells_Fury is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 19:35   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
The bill for the first service of my Ninja 1000. Quite high for something that took less than an hour.
Welcome to the world of superbikes. 8k for a regular oil change service is par for most brands.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 20:58   #261
BHPian

Can somebody please share service costs and schedule for triumph street twin. Thanks.
Old 25th March 2019, 08:52   #262
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Can somebody please share service costs and schedule for triumph street twin. Thanks.
Here's a first service (768 kms) bill of 18k - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4383023 (Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India)

Service interval is 16000 kms / 1 year. Hope the Triumph owners here can help better with your query.
Old 25th March 2019, 10:13   #263
BHPian

I would appreciate if current owners could throw some light about over the counter sales of spare parts of the following brands.

1. Suzuki -
2. Honda - Over the counter sales allowed
3. Kawasaki - Over the counter sales not allowed (found conflicting info on this)
4. Benelli - Over the counter sales not allowed
5. Triumph -
6. Ducati -
7. Yamaha -

I am currently compiling an excel sheet with general spare prices and service costs of various models from above said manufacturers. This will be uploaded once completed and possibly help someone like me who prefers DIY.
hgps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 10:54   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
I would appreciate if current owners could throw some light about over the counter sales of spare parts of the following brands.

1. Suzuki -
2. Honda - Over the counter sales allowed
3. Kawasaki - Over the counter sales not allowed (found conflicting info on this)
4. Benelli - Over the counter sales not allowed
5. Triumph -
6. Ducati -
7. Yamaha -

I am currently compiling an excel sheet with general spare prices and service costs of various models from above said manufacturers. This will be uploaded once completed and possibly help someone like me who prefers DIY.
AFAIK, Keerthi Triumph Bangalore does not sell parts over the counter. But there are standalone garage's which cater to big bikes that source parts from abroad at competitive prices.
Old 28th March 2019, 19:39   #265
Senior - BHPian

@ hgps - If you prefer DIY, there is absolutely no need to visit a dealer for parts. For most bikes all parts are available in the after market and often superior to the OEM's. The only time one would probably need a dealer is if its a software issue that only a manufacturer licensed software can sort out.

Last edited by bigron : 28th March 2019 at 19:40.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 22:46   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Here's a first service (768 kms) bill of 18k - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post4383023 (Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India)

Service interval is 16000 kms / 1 year. Hope the Triumph owners here can help better with your query.
Out of 18k, 11k is for accessories and fitting charges. So the remaining 7k oil service is similar to Ninja 1000.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 01:09   #267
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello guys, it's been a long time since i posted here. I just picked up a 2015 Triumph Tiger XRX today. The motorcycle has been through its 3 services at the Triumph workshop. The 4th service is due in November. However, I am not planning to wait until then. Can someone help me in knowing what stuff is done in the 4th service and what is the approximate damage. I plan to change the oil and probably the brake pads too (any suggestions on brake pads) - but need to know what else needs to be done.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 10:42   #268
BHPian

Congratulations on your Tiger

Tiger service intervals are at 10K KM's with every 20K being major. This is when the timing spark plugs and valves are checked.
I would suggest you finish off the 2K KM's left and then get it serviced.

On brakepads, visually check how much life is left, usually rear wears out out faster than the front. Change to other brands only if you are not happy with stock, not a huge difference in price.

Last edited by veerameti : 16th July 2019 at 10:46. Reason: Additional brake pad info, spelling
veerameti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 12:15   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I plan to change the oil and probably the brake pads too (any suggestions on brake pads) - but need to know what else needs to be done.
Would strongly recommend EBC brake pads - should be available locally easily or you can order from Motousher. Top notch quality and indian prices are quite reasonable.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 12:36   #270
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerameti View Post
Congratulations on your Tiger

Tiger service intervals are at 10K KM's with every 20K being major. This is when the timing spark plugs and valves are checked.
I would suggest you finish off the 2K KM's left and then get it serviced.

On brakepads, visually check how much life is left, usually rear wears out out faster than the front. Change to other brands only if you are not happy with stock, not a huge difference in price.
Thanks Veera! I believe the major service which included the engine / service kit was already done in 2018 - so this one will be a basic service. I will still go through the service records and confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Would strongly recommend EBC brake pads - should be available locally easily or you can order from Motousher. Top notch quality and indian prices are quite reasonable.
Thanks Ethan! I was checking on Motousher for the brake pads and yes they are quite reasonable. Will take a look at it. Any advantage of these over the OE brake pads? They also have Hi Flo air filters available for the Tiger - any advantage of these too over the OE ones?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks