Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2017, 13:43   #136

Re: Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India

Hi @narula123..sorry if this is OT, but wanted to get added to KNOG whatsapp group, since I am 650R owner.Posing it here since, am not able to PM anyone :(
can you PM me?
Old 25th July 2017, 19:23   #137
BHPian

Bike - Harley Davidson
Model - Street 750
Year - 2015
ODO Reading - 17783 kms
Service interval as per manufacturer - 8000 kms or 6 months (which ever comes earlier)
Service Centre - Tusker Harley (Indiranagar, Bangalore)

5th Service Cost - Rs.7,513.00
Synthetic Engine Oil - Rs.2,610.30
O-Ring - Rs.32.81
15,000 mile Service Cost - Rs.3,000.00
Consumables - Rs.500
SGST 14% - Rs.370.03
CGST 14% - Rs.370.03
LB-SGST – Rs.315.00
LB-CGST – Rs.315.00
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 10:32   #138
Senior - BHPian

Got my bonnie serviced last week and this was the 20,000 kms service interval.

I had the brake pads on both front and rear wheels replaced a few weeks prior and that cost me approx. Rs. 7500/- including part and labor charges.

Here is the detailed breakup of the 20,000 kms service cost.

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-img20170721wa0036.jpeg

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-img20170721wa0038.jpeg

The total service cost came up to around Rs. 21,500/- bucks.

At this 20,000 kms service interval, the ASC changes the engine packing seals, fuel filter, air filter and engine oil.

Next big spend is on the chain and sprocket kit, which would cost around 12k for the OE setup.
n_aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 11:17   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

At this 20,000 kms service interval, the ASC changes the engine packing seals, fuel filter, air filter and engine oil.
Wow!

7000 for labour itself, excluding chain maintenance and polishing! Thats 7 hours of labour by their hourly rates!

What do they include in the engine service kit? Just the seals and filters? Thats a bit steep!
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 23:19   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Wow!

7000 for labour itself, excluding chain maintenance and polishing! Thats 7 hours of labour by their hourly rates!

What do they include in the engine service kit? Just the seals and filters? Thats a bit steep!
That's cheap for 7 hrs. Kawasaki it would be 10500 @ 1500 per hour.
Old 28th July 2017, 00:14   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
He meant that the amount charged flat, when viewed in an hourly basis is 7 hours.

Now what the heck could they have done on the bike for 7 hours flat out as a regular scheduled service?

Stinks.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 08:43   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got my bonnie serviced last week and this was the 20,000 kms service interval.The total service cost came up to around Rs. 21,500/- bucks.At this 20,000 kms service interval, the ASC changes the engine packing seals, fuel filter, air filter and engine oil.
Adi : I told you offline and repeating the same. Bangalore ASC is taking the customers for a ride

A regular service that includes oil change and oil filter change normally costs around 6K. Additional work they carried out was just the air filter replacement and chain clean and lube for which they anyway charged separately

Bangalore guys should come down hard on these service centers as these amounts are nothing by daylight robbery. And, INR 7000/- for just labor I dont think even luxury car companies charge for labor for a half day's work

In my opinion, this service should not have costed you more than 10 grand at the maximum

I'm due for my 18,000kms service and trust me I will not pay a single dime over 4K (though I have an inkling bill will be around 6K which is still not too bad)

Quote:
Next big spend is on the chain and sprocket kit, which would cost around 12k for the OE setup.
This is cheap. I think Versys chain and sprocket set costs 18K.....Sujai is this correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Kailash. We need to change this mindset that it's cheap. I think we are giving an impression that its cheap and make them increase their prices even more

We are blessed to be living in Hyderabad as we get charged a flat INR 1000/- as labor charges for everything that they do

And, I normally use my coaxing skills to get many other works like

1. Air Filter Installation which is tricky in Versys (FREE)
2. Rubber Hose replacement which is again below the fairing and tank (FREE)
3. Chain Lube and Clean (Till date Never paid a dime)

Not sure if I'm plain lucky or I have a knack of getting things done free of cost

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th July 2017 at 08:44.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 09:28   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had the brake pads on both front and rear wheels replaced a few weeks prior and that cost me approx. Rs. 7500/- including part and labor charges.

Here is the detailed breakup of the 20,000 kms service cost.
So much for a regular service at 20,000 kms. The labour seems day light robbery.

I have decided not to upgrade until the market matures in India. The maintenance cost, accessory cost etc along with issues like parts availability gives a sense that living with a sports bike is a very expensive and time consuming proposition. Even if one is able to afford the bike easily, the maintenance aspect needs serious consideration. Unless the manufacturers change the greedy ways, the market wont grow with more economies of scale.
PatienceWins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 11:32   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Adi : I told you offline and repeating the same. Bangalore ASC is taking the customers for a ride

I sent a tweet to Triumph India and Vimal Sumbly asking if service charges are regulated by Triumph India since Rs7000 as labour charge seems a bit excessive for the 20k km service of a Bonneville.

He's asked Triumph to look into this. Lets see what comes out of it, if at all
udainxs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 11:54   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Absolutely. Looting the IT boom, irrespective of brands.

I'm coming to Hyderabad for next service.

Quote:
This is cheap. I think Versys chain and sprocket set costs 18K.....Sujai is this correct?
Used to cost around the same earlier. Not sure about the prices post the Kawasaki breakup since, I haven't heard of the chain being available in stock yet.

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th July 2017 at 13:04. Reason: Removing the emoticons from quoted post :)
Old 30th August 2017, 08:09   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuBooMan View Post
Bike : Triumph Tiger
Model : 800 XCx
Year : 2015
Service Interval as per manufacturer (kms/year) : 800 1st service

1st Service Cost : Rs. 6261
Odometer Reading : 760
Breakup : Oil 2880, Filter 605, Service consumables 256, labour 1800, + Taxes
Name / Address of the Service Center : BU Bhandari Triumph Pune
Other comments / Expenses Incurred : New clutch lever ordered, expected in a few days, approx 4.5k.
Hi

Unfortunately I could not find a single thread on rides by triumph riders in Pune and the dealership has also not been very active in organizing any rides.
Since I am evaluating purchase of a triumph, can you pls let me know what experience you've had of riding in Pune with triumph guys or otherwise.

Thanks
Old 16th September 2017, 17:12   #147
BHPian

I have a Triumph bonneville A3 2014 model. The pune dealer is charging 13.7k for rear metzeler tyre, 8k for front tyre. Labour charges for each tyre change is 1800rs plus taxes!!!! Their explanation is something called triumph DSM system according to which 1800rs per tyre change is justified and that other dealers have not yet started complying with this system. Shaman bombay is charging around 1200rs per tyre. Whereas bangalore dealer is charging 900rs for the same. Apparently mumbai dealer called up pune showroom to ask why pune customer is enquiring charges in mumbai dealership. Soon after pune showroom called me and gave this dsm explanation and agreed to get the price down to 1100 rs per tyre.
Now thats totally confusing! This means dealers are arbitrally deciding service costs???
argchoff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 09:56   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I have a Triumph bonneville A3 2014 model. The pune dealer is charging 13.7k for rear metzeler tyre, 8k for front tyre. Labour charges for each tyre change is 1800rs plus taxes!!!! Their explanation is something called triumph DSM system according to which 1800rs per tyre change is justified and that other dealers have not yet started complying with this system. Shaman bombay is charging around 1200rs per tyre. Whereas bangalore dealer is charging 900rs for the same. Apparently mumbai dealer called up pune showroom to ask why pune customer is enquiring charges in mumbai dealership. Soon after pune showroom called me and gave this dsm explanation and agreed to get the price down to 1100 rs per tyre.
Now thats totally confusing! This means dealers are arbitrally deciding service costs???
Pardon me saying this. You own a 3-year old bike and you still depend on Triumph dealership for something as simple as a tyre change?

Tyre change in Hyderabad for any superbike can be done for Rs.300 at non-dealership outlets who are well versed with all job works related to superbikes

Please find such an outlet in Pune for some peace of mind & pocket
mobike008 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 13:19   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Pardon me saying this. You own a 3-year old bike and you still depend on Triumph dealership for something as simple as a tyre change? Tyre change in Hyderabad for any superbike can be done for Rs.300 at non-dealership outlets who are well versed with all job works related to superbikes. Please find such an outlet in Pune for some peace of mind & pocket

Finally it came to that. Got it done at a 3rd party superbike place at much cheaper charge and good clean work. But the overall episode did bring to light the fact that dealers are unneccesarily charging more for simple jobs - something i was hoping a company like triumph would not resort to....they r all the same i guess

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th September 2017 at 18:03. Reason: Please avoid quoting emoticons when quoting a post
argchoff is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 15:51   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Finally it came to that. Got it done at a 3rd party superbike place at much cheaper charge and good clean work. But the overall episode did bring to light the fact that dealers are unneccesarily charging more for simple jobs - something i was hoping a company like triumph would not resort to....they r all the same i guess
And do share the name of the place too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks