Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2019, 21:49   #301
BHPian

Re: Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Having a computer in your bike and 'complex suspension' has no effect on the amount charged for regular first service or for that matter any regular service that includes air and oil filter/ oil drain and chain clean/lube.

The only time they may charge extra is if accessing the air filter/oil filter on a particular bike takes much longer than another bike due to their location. Even then it should not be more than an extra 15 minutes to remove an entire side of the fairing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Should not matter too much for the first service. All that was done was the wash, oil change, cleaning and lubing. Even the fairing was not fully removed, just a small part for installing the power socket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Can you elaborate on this point?

AFAIK the suspension is fairly same in both the bikes. They are manually adjustable.

I may be wrong, but the cost of my Z900 first service matches up with others in the Kawa's Hyd owners group. Maybe Hells_Fury was over charged.
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:01   #302
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like no one has serviced their bike during the last 1 year Ok here goes the 6th Service details of the Tiger 800 XRX.
  • Bike : Triumph Tiger
  • Model : 800 XRX
  • Year : 2015
  • Service Interval as per manufacturer (kms/year) : 50,000 kms

6th Service Cost : Rs. 15,342
Odometer Reading : 20,907 kms
Breakup (including GST):
Consumables - Rs 11,683
  1. Air Filter - 1878
  2. Battery - 6021
  3. Engine Oil (4L) - 2976
  4. Oil Filter - 712
  5. Washer - 95
Labour - Rs 3,658
Total Service Cost - 15342

Name / Address of the Service Center : Shaman Triumph, Mumbai
Other comments / Expenses Incurred : The battery was replaced since it was almost 5 years old and probably at he end of its life. Although I was not facing any problems, I thought it would be better to change it rather than get stuck with a dead battery on a ride.

Overall experience was fuss-free. Dropped the bike at the Shaman Triumph service centre on a Saturday and it was ready by Monday. Happy with the service
v12 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 19:37   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Seems like no one has serviced their bike during the last 1 year
I serviced mine few weeks ago.

I think it was after Jan 2019 that I serviced my bike last. Just dint cover much kms.

It was a regular service. I though my seals were leaking but a little TLC and I think I am okay for the time being.

Air Filter - Clean and recharge - PipperCross. I swapped it out last time so this should be okay for a few years. Using the k/n recharge kit. The kit is about 5500 Rs and lasts 4/5 times.
Oil Filter - HiFl0, Around 800 Rs
Motul 300V 15 W50 - Rs 4000.

Time, around 2 Hr. I hate removing the side fairing of my bike.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 20:38   #304
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post

Time, around 2 Hr. I hate removing the side fairing of my bike.
I believe that's also the primary reason why faired bikes cost more to service than street / adventure bikes. With service centers charging by the hour - I am sure taking off and fixing the fairing is easily an hour job.
Old 2nd December 2020, 21:07   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I believe that's also the primary reason why faired bikes cost more to service than street / adventure bikes. With service centers charging by the hour - I am sure taking off and fixing the fairing is easily an hour job.
The thing is, the fairing has a lot of interconnecting plastic locks. Most of them hidden and if it is rushed the panels just dont sit flush with each other. Also, since the locks and tabs are all plastic, using force is out of the question.
Old 28th December 2020, 16:47   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Got the 2nd Service done for the Kawasaki Vulcan S today. Bill attached. Total cost Rs. 3044.

I feel the labour costs are quite high considering most of these were just checks. Other than cleaning the air filter, adjusting the play in the drive chain and clutch, things like checking electrical systems should not be charged for unless there's any issue. Also, got charged for a final inspection! What does this even mean?

Got an Evotech radiator guard installed as well.

Attachment 1816612
Got the second service done at Motosaki Navi Mumbai today and was charged the exact same amount as you — ₹3044.

It took a little over 2 hours. Definitely agree that inspection charges are on the higher side though.
Old 20th May 2021, 10:39   #307
BHPian

I have a MT09 2018 and looking to buy fork inner tubes. Current ones on my bike has rust spots and the chrome coating has come off at few places. So decided to replace them. Any leads to where i can order these parts online ? I can order the same from my local dealer but they take ages to deliver.
nitninja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 23:55   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitninja View Post
I have a MT09 2018 and looking to buy fork inner tubes. Current ones on my bike has rust spots and the chrome coating has come off at few places. So decided to replace them. Any leads to where i can order these parts online ? I can order the same from my local dealer but they take ages to deliver.
I dont think that there is any store that stocks MT09 specific fork related parts in India. Right now your best bet is placing the order with your Yamaha dealer and then you will have to wait. From Krishnaprasad's recent post, it looks as though Yamaha is dragging its feet on fulfilling these orders for spares of their superbikes.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 11:30   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I dont think that there is any store that stocks MT09 specific fork related parts in India. Right now your best bet is placing the order with your Yamaha dealer and then you will have to wait. From Krishnaprasad's recent post, it looks as though Yamaha is dragging its feet on fulfilling these orders for spares of their superbikes.

Yes. I did check in few sites in india, they have the accessories not the spares. It's been 5 months and im still waiting for a part that i ordered from a yamaha dealer. I ordered few brackets from an online site and they were delivered in 2 weeks. Looking to get a few parts through my uncle residing in dubai. If nothing works out, will order the parts from the same site, only issue is the custom duty.
nitninja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 16:33   #310
BHPian

Quote:
I ordered few brackets from an online site and they were delivered in 2 weeks. Looking to get a few parts through my uncle residing in dubai. If nothing works out, will order the parts from the same site, only issue is the custom duty.
I used to source OE parts from here for my ertswhile Honda 600RR. They are quite reliable and trustworthy. You can use this as a last option if nothing else works out.
vignesh.cv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 17:48   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
I used to source OE parts from here for my ertswhile Honda 600RR. They are quite reliable and trustworthy. You can use this as a last option if nothing else works out.
Any idea about the customs?fork tubes plus seals comes close to 35k.
Old 22nd May 2021, 10:16   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Be prepared to shell anything between 50 to 100% custom duty over the price of parts. No hard and fast rule, they will levy what they feel is right whether it makes sense or not.
Old 24th May 2021, 16:41   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Customs duty varies as bigron mentioned. Keep in mind that customs is levied including the shipping costs. I remember paying like 70% extra for customs & shipping from some of the US online stores. In your case, it'll be something like +24.5k for customs and shipping. If you choose to ship via DHL / FedEx, they will help clear customs for you and get it delivered to your doorstep.
vignesh.cv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 08:00   #314
BHPian

Just got my 899 serviced at the doorstep. Details and pics are on my ownership thread.
Was charged an additional 3.5k to get the service guy travel to my city. We were 3 bikes and each person had to pay this much.
I am able to do oil services and a lot more on the bike myself but the reason i pay this much to get her serviced is to run the diagnostics. The bike has done nearly 10k kms in little less than six years past.
Overall cost i paid to delhi dealer was 11.7k excluding oil. Engine oil filter was around 1.5k. consumables and lubes were nearly 1k but the guy used multiple branded products generously and the bike is running like a dream now.
Did locally source motul 300v at 10% discount and it cost me around4k- a shade less than what i would pay for shell advance fully synthetic if i got it from dealer. Overall it was 15k including 3.5k visiting charges for just an oil and filter change and some TLC Cost of running the Diagnostics . This means i could ve got it all done for ~12k including oil if it was done at the dealer. This is the system hooked to my bike while a laptop checks for all the error codes that pop up. My bike didnt have any new code to talk about after 6 years being on the road. And thats speaking a lot about Ducati quality of late.
Attached Thumbnails
Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-img20210627123229.jpg  

Last edited by Entsurgeon : 1st July 2021 at 08:01.
Entsurgeon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 10:32   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Got the 2nd Service done for the Kawasaki Vulcan S today. Bill attached. Total cost Rs. 3044.
What were you charged for the 3rd service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks