Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2019, 21:10   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Wait for your valve clearance, desmodronic service due at 20k i think. Heard thats quite expensive.
It’s at 30K kms ... should be around 50-55k. Another year or so to go.

I agree that 4K for general service might seem high - but otherwise the dealer economics won’t work. And compared to other manufacturers - it’s not out of the whack. Plus you know exactly how much they will charge beforehand - they have a big poster telling billable hours for each job done.

Last edited by ethanhunt123 : 26th July 2019 at 21:13.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 19:13   #287
BHPian

Since this is the servicing cost thread, I wanted to bring about an important aspect which is engine oil change. Now there are a million articles on the internet about which oil is great etc., but as owners we need to be informed about what kind of oil to use on our bikes.

The common misconception amongst most is that, if this engine oil is good enough to be used in racing, then it must be good for my bike. While it is true, we also need to consider the implications of such a choice.

Most folks tend to choose Motul 300V as the first choice for their motorcycles irrespective of the the displacement. Now, 300V is a fabulous choice, no doubt about it. However, it is also designed to break down sooner when compared to other fully synth oils.

If you ride mostly on road or tour, then using such an oil means the protection offered by it wears off in a short while (relatively) when compared to other fully synthetic oils. In other words, your drain intervals will have to be much less than the manufacturers recommendation.

So my request to you is, irrespective of the bike you run, if you ride primarily on the roads or tour, please stick with equivalent fully synth oils. Do not use a race oil on a road going bike. If you are into track days and competitive racing, then yes, by all means, use the very best available. Else, you are just throwing away good money for little to no gains.

To sum it up: a product designed for racing makes a lot of assumptions and trade offs on things a road going machine may not afford to compromise on.
vignesh.cv is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 09:07   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
To sum it up: a product designed for racing makes a lot of assumptions and trade offs on things a road going machine may not afford to compromise on.
Very true. We should consider the application area of such items, be it oil or even things like Brake pads, tyres etc. Its a popular myth that the 300V is superior to the cheaper 7100. It could be superior, but IIRC does not come with any ratings as such. I was of the same belief when I got my Ninja. However, Bhanu at Kawasaki explained that the 7100 is best suited for the bike and not 300V.
Old 1st August 2019, 09:40   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Most folks tend to choose Motul 300V as the first choice for their motorcycles irrespective of the the displacement. Now, 300V is a fabulous choice, no doubt about it. However, it is also designed to break down sooner when compared to other fully synth oils.
You are absolutely right. 300V is not meant for street/touring use.

What happened is that around a decade ago, 300V was the only fully synthetic option available in XXw50 grade with a Shell Ultra just making its presence felt. SO, the bikers who wanted good engine oil had not much choice other than 300V. These bikes were mostly Pulsar220 since that was the only mass produced power category bike back then. This led to the rise in popularity of 300V with hordes of people buying(including me) and using this oil not really understanding the purpose of this oil. And the popularity has stuck for a long time. Motul 7100 the daily use version of 300V for road users.
Old 1st August 2019, 09:56   #290
Senior - BHPian

Yup the 7100 should be better for street use and will have a longer drain cycle plus cheaper, but I have boxes and boxes of 300V lying around plus I ride like I stole it, so 300v it is for me.
Not to mention I change oil at will depending upon where and when I ride so a longer drain cycle is of no use to me.
bigron is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 21:43   #291
BHPian

I got my Z900 serviced today in Hyderabad (first service). Total cost was Rs. 9026 including Rs. 2950 for accessories fitting (Crash guard, front fork sliders, rear spools with sliders and radiator guard, all from Zana). The accessories fitting charge is quite steep although I didn't want to risk the bolts not getting tightened to spec by getting it fitted from third party. Overall a good experience although they didn't wash the bike for some silly reason like the person was not available. They did fix my issues with vibrations under engine braking in high RPMs.

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-capture1.png

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-capture2.png

Last edited by RodRowdyBiker : 9th September 2019 at 22:01. Reason: Removed personal info
RodRowdyBiker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 22:03   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRowdyBiker View Post
I got my Z900 serviced today in Hyderabad (first service). Total cost was Rs. 9026 including Rs. 2950 for accessories fitting (Crash guard, front fork sliders, rear spools with sliders and radiator guard, all from Zana). The accessories fitting charge is quite steep although I didn't want to risk the bolts not getting tightened to spec by getting it fitted from third party. Overall a good experience although they didn't wash the bike for some silly reason like the person was not available.

Attachment 1913861

Attachment 1913862
How is your overall experience with the service?

Asking this as i always heard only bad things about kawasaki Hyderabad.. none of my friends never preferred to get general service done from kawasaki showroom (from 660’s to h2) even when under warranty.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 22:07   #293
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe the overall labour cost charged to you was inclusive of the service and the accessories fitting. Kawasaki charges around 2000 per hour for labour (irrespective of fitting or servicing). I had paid 8000 for my first and second service - of which 4000 was the cost of the consumables and 4000 was labour.
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 22:11   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
How is your overall experience with the service?

Asking this as i always heard only bad things about kawasaki Hyderabad.. none of my friends never preferred to get general service done from kawasaki showroom (from 660’s to h2) even when under warranty.

I had a decent experience. They were attentive to the problems I had and installed my accessories well. Only gripe being I wanted the bike washed as well but the person who washed the bikes apparently left before I went to the service center which seems like a load of bull. On Saturday around 6:30 PM, I had a sudden clutch issue while riding around the city. Since I was only 2 km away from the showroom I just took it there and the mechanic adjusted it immediately for free. Overall I would recommend that you deal with Rahul who is the Owner(or Owner's son). They took about 140 minutes for the entire thing so I guess I would rate it 4/5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
I believe the overall labour cost charged to you was inclusive of the service and the accessories fitting. Kawasaki charges around 2000 per hour for labour (irrespective of fitting or servicing). I had paid 8000 for my first and second service - of which 4000 was the cost of the consumables and 4000 was labour.

The first item for Labour of Rs. 2950 is for the accessories fitting. Rest of the items are for the general servicing. The cost of washing the bike is also not included. If I had just gone in for my general service, it would have only cost me Rs. 6000.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th September 2019 at 22:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 9th September 2019, 22:43   #295
BHPian

Quote:
The first item for Labour of Rs. 2950 is for the accessories fitting. Rest of the items are for the general servicing. The cost of washing the bike is also not included. If I had just gone in for my general service, it would have only cost me Rs. 6000.
Thats interesting

Hells_Fury spent 3000+GST as labour charge for the first service of his Ninja 1000 in Bangalore in March this year. Chain cleaning and lubing was extra even for him. If they didn't bundle the charges as suggested above, then they've slashed prices, which seems unbelievable
Old 10th September 2019, 01:04   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Thats interesting

Hells_Fury spent 3000+GST as labour charge for the first service of his Ninja 1000 in Bangalore in March this year. Chain cleaning and lubing was extra even for him. If they didn't bundle the charges as suggested above, then they've slashed prices, which seems unbelievable

I think since they couldn't wash my bike, they didn't use the code for paid service changes which was used in Hells_Fury's bill. Anyways, comparing service costs across bikes might not be fair. The Z900 is a lot easier to service whereas the N1000 has a lot of electronics and is a faired motorcycle. The suspension is more complex as well.
Old 18th September 2019, 03:05   #297
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-psx_20190914_225424.jpg

I got my Tiger serviced over the weekend at Triumph Mumbai (Shaman Motors). This was my first experience at the Triumph A.S.S. and it was a very pleasant one. I am not sure, but I believe this was the 4th service (still to check the previous service records).

Below are the details of the service :

Total cost (including labor)
Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-psx_20190918_025501.jpg

Cost of consumables
Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-psx_20190918_025423.jpg

Cost of labor
Servicing Costs of Superbikes / Sportsbikes in India-psx_20190918_025341.jpg
v12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 09:17   #298
BHPian

Quote:
The suspension is more complex as well.
Can you elaborate on this point?

AFAIK the suspension is fairly same in both the bikes. They are manually adjustable.
Old 19th September 2019, 20:24   #299
BHPian

Quote:
I think since they couldn't wash my bike, they didn't use the code for paid service changes which was used in Hells_Fury's bill. Anyways, comparing service costs across bikes might not be fair. The Z900 is a lot easier to service whereas the N1000 has a lot of electronics and is a faired motorcycle. The suspension is more complex as well.
Should not matter too much for the first service. All that was done was the wash, oil change, cleaning and lubing. Even the fairing was not fully removed, just a small part for installing the power socket.
Old 20th September 2019, 09:43   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Having a computer in your bike and 'complex suspension' has no effect on the amount charged for regular first service or for that matter any regular service that includes air and oil filter/ oil drain and chain clean/lube.

The only time they may charge extra is if accessing the air filter/oil filter on a particular bike takes much longer than another bike due to their location. Even then it should not be more than an extra 15 minutes to remove an entire side of the fairing.

Last edited by bigron : 20th September 2019 at 09:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks