Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2015, 13:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiorano88 View Post
Hi
Could you share details of the associate you deal with in Capital Harley.Ive been waiting for my Fat boy for 2 months now and they say they can only deliver in June 1st week as there arent any coming before that.
I was offered a Red Sunglo of a customer who wanted some changes. But that was through a contact. Last I heard that was picked up too. My official contact there was Abhimanyu Chabbra who had sent me the proforma invoice for the Fat Boy that I initially wanted to pick up. Though he was not the one to offer me the Red one because they officially can't offer bikes booked by other customers.
Old 21st April 2015, 14:21   #47
BANNED

Re: Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review

@dkaile Saab,

Congratulations on the Big Twin.

The Heritage Softail Classic is truly a Classic.

Wise decision as it looks like it will suit you perfectly.

When and If you are ready, consider upgrading to Air Ride suspension. Seems to be a great upgrade for touring and 2 up riding.

Here's one to whet your appetite:
http://www.directcycleparts.com/susp...l-p-11087.html

Cheers

Ride Soft.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
No rust. Just dirt. And I have plenty of stock of WD 40. Thank you Sir...
Appreciate your Self Motivation on the Heritage mate.

Cheers to that, after observing your Super Low am sure this will be maintained just like that or even better than it.

Hopefully it motivates a lot of people including me on maintaining my Bikes
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 13:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Had a pair of Skull Themed Rear Footpegs and Gear Lever Knob lying around which was gifted by a friend. Attached them today -

Open Position
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-83-right-rear-footpeg-skull-theme.jpg

Closed Position. Looks much better than stock. Solid heavy build quality too. Would you believe these are from 2008! That's Harley quality.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-86-left-rear-footpeg-skull-theme-closed.jpg

Front Gear Lever knob also changed
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-87-gear-lever-front-skull-theme-full-assembly.jpg

A broader view
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-82-brake-lever-rear-footpeg-skull-theme.jpg

Now the bell crank in the exhausts was remaining in closed position leading to over heating and also less sound from the Mufflers as it muffles the exhausts to confirm to noise emission norms in the US. No real other function really. It is disconnected as it is once you install any custom exhaust system. Ordered the part under warranty and did a part time Hindustani Jugaaad in the meantime to keep it in always open position . Increased the note of the exhausts and now the motor seems more free revving.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-89-bell-crank-jugaad.jpg

A friend was asking for the position of the Foot Board with respect to the Brake Lever. I feel this default position is the most comfortable where the foot slides under the brakes and alignment is in a straight line rather than any offset.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-81-right-footboard-brake-lever-top-view_2.jpg

Also just received the ResQTech Tyre Inflator

Ordered yesterday, Cash on Delivery, Rs. 999/-. Received in 1 day Flat. Seems a high quality product. No questions asked 1 year guarantee. I think its a must for all.

Small Packaging
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-1-resqtech-tyre-inflator.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-2-resqtech-tyre-inflator.jpg

Complete adapters and power port options. I won't need any as it fits directly into the Battery Charging Harness of the Harley's.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-3-resqtech-tyre-inflator.jpg

So small one can carry it in his Riding Jacket pocket
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-4-resqtech-tyre-inflator.jpg

PSI gauge upto 80 psi. Displays BAR and KPA also. Manual ON/OFF Switch
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-5-resqtech-tyre-inflator.jpg

Internal LED Light. 2.8m power cord.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-6-resqtech-tyre-inflator.jpg

Cheers for now...

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd April 2015 at 14:05.
dkaile is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2015, 19:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Dkaile!

Terrific motorcycle, color, photographs and review. Going thru your detailed review may be termed as better than seeing the bike in person.

Ride safe and wishing you many, many miles with smiles on your HSC.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 11:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Had a nice and short 500km Over-Nighter to Corbett over the weekend. We were 8 riders from 'Meerut Mutineers' and another 25 joined us from the Capital Chapter, Delhi. They were a really nice bunch of riders.

First stop was Mc Donald's, Gajraula
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_1.jpg

Where we were joined by the Delhi HOGs
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_2.jpg

Ready to rumble
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_3.jpg

Soon reached the pristine valley of the Merchula Range deep inside the Corbett Forest
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_4.jpg

Nature was at it's pristine best
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_5.jpg

And our resort was encompassed in it
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_6.jpg

Next early morning's Nature Walk
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_7.jpg

Where we met a few old friends
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_8.jpg

And crossed a few unspoilt villages
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_9.jpg

I was asked to lead most of the way which was a nice experience
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_14.jpg

Returned home after a nice 500+ kms ride
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_10.jpg

Had a small mishap en-route where the bike lost a limb...lolz
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_13.jpg

That gave me an opportunity to try out a custom clear back light concept I had in mind. Fabricated by yours truly on CNC computerised Laser cutting machine and costing a paltry 150 bucks including a small bracket that had to formulated for the damaged mounting plate till the new parts reach me
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-custom-clear-rear-indicator-lights_1.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-custom-clear-rear-indicator-lights_2.jpg

The tank was finally home with it's cousin!!! The bike performed admirably with zero hiccups. Reached nice 120~140 cruising speeds. Wind blast was felt from the windshield at about 90 kmph which stabilises either way of that speed. No heat is felt out on the highway where it truly is a sublime experience on this gentle giant. Ride is as plush as can be. The ResQTech inflator came in handy and proved it's worth when a mate's bike lost all pressure due to a faulty valve.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnigter_12.jpg

Till the next trail comes beckoning
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-corbett-overnighter_11.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 30th April 2015 at 11:56.
dkaile is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th April 2015, 14:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Till the next trail comes beckoning

Cheers...
Dheeraj,
The outing looks real good, would you mind posting in a detailed TL? Looks quite inviting though.
Along with some more photos please.

How do you feel doing this trip when compared to the sportster?
Old 1st May 2015, 08:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
How do you feel doing this trip when compared to the sportster?
There was a world of difference in comfort which should be self explanatory. Right from the bigger shockers and heavier suspension to wider seats to full size foot-boards and comfortable position of the controls, everything contributed a much much more plusher ride. The agility of the Sportster may be more but the highway comfort of the Softail is unparallelled. I should easily be able to do 6~700 kms on the Heritage in a day which I would never have tried on a Sportster.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 10:54   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I should easily be able to do 6~700 kms on the Heritage in a day which I would never have tried on a Sportster.
Do I hear Iron Butt calling
Old 3rd May 2015, 19:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Today's Sunday Ride was converted into a media event as The Times of India covered our group 'Mutineer's Meerut' to promote 'Awareness about Road Safety' in Meerut. Some photos sent by their photographer -

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-toi-pictures-03052015_1.jpg

A Super Glide Custom in the group
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-toi-pictures-03052015_2.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-imgtoi-pictures-03052015_3.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-toi-pictures-03052015_4.jpg

A member's Ducati Diavel
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-toi-pictures-03052015_5.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-toi-pictures-03052015_6.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-toi-pictures-03052015_16.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-03052015_2.jpg

Had a nice 100kms ride to Monty Millions, Ramrajya, Bijnor after that. Great clear roads and lots of fresh air.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 20:11   #56
BHPian

thank you for such detailed pics! that chrome on the bike is terrific both in quality and the sheer quantity of it liberally plasted all over the bike! Many congratulations!

One small suggestion though, that rear foot peg is an eyesore on an otherwise immaculately crafted machine. Would you be able to change it?

cheers!
sai

EDIT: just saw the replaced rear pegs! good choice!

Last edited by sai_ace : 3rd May 2015 at 20:14. Reason: Missed an update.
sai_ace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 19:34   #57
Senior - BHPian

Got a small gift for my bike...

The Billet Hand grips which I had found very comfortable on my Superlow (Rs. 5374/-)
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-billet-hand-grips_1.jpg

Installed it myself on the bike today. Gives a lot of character to the bike and goes well with my overall chrome theme
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-billet-hand-grips_4.jpg

A close-up of the quality. Forged in pure metal.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-billet-hand-grips_left_7.jpg

Even the end caps are chromed and with the Harley Logo
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-billet-hand-grips_end-cap_8.jpg

Had also received Rear Signal Mounting Bar and the Rear Indicator Glass
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-rear-signal-mounting-bar.jpg

The Nelson Rigg Cover is of immaculate quality and serves the purpose well
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-nelson-rigg-cover_1.jpg

Another 'gift' ordered from Amazon USA which is on the way. The Cobra Race Pro Slip-On Mufflers which have a deep 'bass heavy' sound and are of a much heavier quality with better chrome finish than either the Vance & Hines (has a much more treble heavy/shrill sound) or the Screamin Eagles (which incidentally sound pathetic on a Softail). Their end caps also match the studs theme on my bike pretty well.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-cobra-race-pro-slip-ons-heritage-softail_3.jpg

Cheers for now...

Last edited by dkaile : 30th May 2015 at 19:49.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 20:31   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Cobra Race Pro Slip-On Mufflers which have a deep 'bass heavy' sound
This looks interesting , have you heard these in person ?
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 22:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This looks interesting , have you heard these in person ?
Old 5th June 2015, 16:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

The whitewall tyres had got a little dirty and were scrubbed today. Genteel and a green scrubber were all that was required to make them shiny new -

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-harley-polished_3.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-harley-polished_4.jpg

The brilliant 103 engine was give a little TLC

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-harley-polished_2.jpg

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-harley-polished_1.jpg

Cheers for now...
dkaile is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks