Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2015, 19:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Had sold off my Superlow which was reviewed here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ve-review.html

And now its time to start another comprehensive review of the upgrade I took - The Heritage Softail Classic (FLSTC).

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_1.jpg

This thread may be treated as a continuation of the aforementioned Superlow thread where lots of common things pertaining to Harley have been discussed and there is no point repeating them again here. All points pertaining to performance etc will be discussed gradually in this thread along with lots of more photographs.

It had been a bucket list item and finally it happened when I got a (nearly) new bike at a fantastic deal, which I would not like to disclose here as it involves empathy towards a fellow HOG.

Decision making
It was long pending to upgrade to a 'bigger' bike than the Superlow after having tasted the Harley. No way was I leaving it. Went around testing the Triumps and the Indians, even the recently launched mouth watering Ducati Diavel which is a superb tourer and now at a cracker deal price. But none tickled my bone than a true blooded Harley. My initial choice was Fat Boy, where most people stop to look beyond, maybe due to budget constraints and maybe because Fat Boy is indeed a good package. Then out of the blue I got information of this (nearly) brand new bike sitting at Capital harley since a year due to some unfortunate circumstances with its previous owner. It was completely stock, build was October 2013. Had 2800kms on the odo. It was priced at 18.25L on road Delhi and with some basic accessories comes to around 19L in Delhi. But I got a cracker deal which I am not at liberty to divulge. I test rode the bike and it was in brand new condition.

Immediately a search for a buyer for the Superlow was started and finally after some deliberation my first love was let go. Now path was paved for the Heritage to enter my life. It was bike for keeps, a bike I could pass on to my grand children, a bike with enormous potential to customise and personalise. It was nearly 1.5L costlier than the Fat Boy even though both belong to the Softail family. But the Heritage is fully loaded in stock condition. And finally it suited my personality much better than any other bike in the Harley fold.

Buying process
Was quite simple after that. Payments were made and bike was picked up 16-04-2015.

Positives and Features
- A Big step up from the Superlow would be a under statement
- Hugely comfortable and maneuverable even after its 340 kg weight
- The big foot-boards and forward controls are a treat to ride
- The king size windshield which is removable in seconds
- The pure leather Saddle Bags with so much studs to shame the Tiitanic, lolz
- The Sofa seat. It was even bigger and more comfortable than the Mustang Seat of a mates's Dyna which was the benchmark for me and much more comfortable than the Fat Boy's stock seats.
- The pillion is fully cared for. Now my wife has no excuses to join me more frequently on the comfortable pillion seat with a XL size back rest (sissy bar)
- The 7" headlight with standard Fog Lights. A head turner. Added a retro chrome trim to make it look even more humungous.
- Much comprehensive hand controls than the Superlow, with a separate hazard switch, Trip switch in easy reach on the left hand controls, Passing Light now inbuilt with the high beam switch.
- Much more data is viewable. besides the 2 trip meters and the time we now have distance to empty (Range) and Gear and RPM display. The top 6th gear is also displayed on the Speedometer. Many more warning lights including bulb failure/electrical fault, ABS (standard) besides the check engine and oil warning lights etc.
- Fuel Gauge is now standard. Made in Japan, retro type.
- Tyres are Tubeless even though they are mounted on chromed and spoked rims. Much more peace of mind on long journeys. Tyres are Dunlop and Made in USA. And best of they are wide WHITEWALL to complete the retro look. Even the agility is not compromised like in the Fat Boy due to thicker tyres because here the tyre width is more in line with Highway Touring and easy maneuverability even in a bike a size + over the Fat Boy.. The rear is 150/80 B16 and the front is a MT90B16.
- Abundance of chrome, enough to make you shade your eyes in bright sunlight, lolz.
- 131 mm of ground clearance compared to 100mm in My Superlow. No need to worry about bumps any more.
- 19.7L gas tank, enough for those fewer petrol stops.
- Air cooled Twin Cam 103 cubic inch 1690 cc air cooled engine with 130nm of torque and 6 speed cruise drive gear box. Could rarely hit the 6th in city traffic as it comes into picture after 85kmph speeds.

Negatives
- The heat. Unfortunately I was caught up in the worst rush hour traffic on leaving the Capital, Gurgaon showroom. So I decided to break journey at Noida. And it took me a good 2 hours to cover that paltry journey. After the initial 1 hour of bumper to bumper traffic the bike emanated some grilling heat good enough to make 'Tangri Kababs' of my legs. The engine was still not broken in properly. But just after 2 days in my hands the character of the bike has changed and I can easily undertake my daily short tennis runs in tennis gear.
- Attention Magnet. For a small city like Meerut it is just a hassle to take it out in rush. But then I didn't buy it for a poser. A highway mile cruncher it.
- Sissy Bar and Saddle Bags should have been of a quick detach kind so you could switch to the naked look in seconds. To make them so is nearly 25k extra.
- The stock horn is tinny. Added a chrome Cow Bell horn at a steep 7k.
- No engine guard as standard. Had to shell out a extra 19k for it. Went for the top of the line Moustache one with inbuilt highway pegs, though I doubt they would bee used after the ultra comfortable foot boards.
- Security Fob was not standard in the 2013 model. extra cost is nearly 25-30K. Came as a blessing in disguise because much better options at cheaper rates are available on the net. Some have complete GPS tracking, tyre pressure monitoring, proximity alert, LED FOB, FM transmitter etc. built in at the same cost - http://ridescorpio.com/
- There is slight wind blast from the windshield on crossing 90 which stabilizes after 110.
- I hear some thud sounds from the front suspension. Maybe some loose parts. Need to get it checked.
- Stock pipes don't sound like a Harley, lolz. Another 70k down the drain for the long true twins.

Comfort and Ride
Like I mentioned is like riding a sofa on the road. Cannot even be compared with the Sportsters. Yesterday cruising at 140 was complete bliss compared to the harrowing time on the Sportsters. The smoothness of the 103B engine is a class above the 96B on the Dynas. It is tuned for the highways out and out. The 96's are more harsh. The bike is surprising easier to handle considering its bulk. Even at crawling speeds you don't need to put your foot down.

So here it is today -

The Classic retro look draping a thoroughly modern machine
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_2.jpg

Pure leather abounds studded with stainless...
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_3.jpg

The front with the abundance of chrome, a king size windshield, retro fog lamps with the Police indicators, 7" Headlight with the optional Retro Trim Ring (3k)
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_4.jpg

The wide rear with chromed indicator bar, the standard sissy bar (back rest) and of course who can miss those pure leather saddle bags which come as standard
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_8.jpg

Close up of the front...
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_5.jpg

The 103B Twin Cam 1690cc V-Twin engine, air cooled as always, with the horse shoe chromed oil reservoir tank
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_6.jpg

Another view, with the optional Bell horn (7K), Moustache Engine Guard (20K), the huge foot-boards and heel and toe gear shifter.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_7.jpg

Comfort Galore...
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_9.jpg

The distinct identity mark, spoked but "Tubeless" tyres front and back with ABS and both discs as standard encased in chrome rims and the huge trademark front fender.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_12.jpg

Cheers for now... More pictures to follow.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-heritage-softail-17042015_10.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2015 at 14:48. Reason: Adding your latest updates to the opening page :)
dkaile is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 19:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

The Detailed Photos starts -

The Heritage Branding on the Front Wheel Cover
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-1-heritage-branding.jpg

Another view from the front
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-2-heritage-branding.jpg

The Front Tyre. Both tyres are Chromed Rim, Spoked, TUBELESS, WHITEWALL, Bias Ply Tyres. Front is 130 Profile MT90 B16. Notice the Mustache Engine Guard with Highway Pegs and embellishments
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-3-front-tyre.jpg

The Front Bumper Trim. A (optional) LED Light can be fitted here.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-4-front-bumper-embelishment.jpg

The Rear Bumper Trim. The LED light can be fitted here too.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-5-rear-bumper-embelishment.jpg

Side View of the Bumper Trim to highlight the beautiful Mettallic Candy Orange and Beer Bottle color scheme with 2 colour pin striping done by HAND!!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-6-paint-scheme.jpg

The Front Suspension with standard ABS and Disc Brakes (on both wheels)
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-7-front-suspension-abs.jpg

The Front 7" Headlight, Fog Lamps and Indicators assembly. Chrome at its BEST.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-8-front-headlight-fog-lamp-indicators.jpg

Harley branding on the Fog Lamps
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-9-harley-branded-fog-lamps.jpg

The (optional 3K) Headlight Trim Ring with Visor completes the Classic Retro look
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-10-headlight-trim-ring-visor.jpg

Harley Branding on both tyres
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-11-harley-branded-front-tyre.jpg

Made in US of A! Rear is a 150 profile 150/80 B16
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-12-tyres-made-usa.jpg

Close up of the Highway Pegs on the engine guard
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-13-highway-pegs-mustache-engine-guard.jpg

Even the Side Stand is a work of art in steel and chrome!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-14-side-stand.jpg

Left Side Footboard with heel and toe gear lever shifter.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-15-left-footboard-heel-toe-gear-lever.jpg

Right Side Footboard with Rear Brake Lever in chrome and rubber
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-16-right-footboard-brake-lever.jpg

A close up of the Right Footboard. Notice the half moon shape. Both footboards are foldable to avoid being damaged if they touch the road while leaning!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-17-right-footboard-closeup.jpg

A close up of the solid Rear Brake Lever with Harley logo branding
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-18-brake-lever.jpg

The Left hand Controls and Rear Mirror
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-19-left-hand-controls.jpg

Left hand side switches. Notice the now integrated Trip Switch and Pass Light Toggle Switch and the independent left indicator (self cancelling) switch
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-20-left-side-switches.jpg

The Right hand Controls and Rear Mirror
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-21-right-hand-controls.jpg

Right hand side switches. Notice the now integrated Hazard Light Switch which switches on all 4 Indicators
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-22-right-hand-switches.jpg

Harley Branding on the Handle Bar Centre
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-23-handlebar-harley-branding.jpg

Handlebar Lock and the VIN (blurred)
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-24-handlebar-lock-vin-blurred.jpg

The Ignition Switch on the Tank. Notice the accessory position. All Chrome!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-25-ignition-switch.jpg

The Ignition Switch is also lockable with a chrome flip cover. In effect you can always carry the keys in your pocket or leave them home on short trips
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-26-ignition-switch-foldable-lock.jpg

The 'strange' KEY shape. 2 keys, both numbered and can be re-ordered if lost or stolen at a cost of 3.5k!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-27-key.jpg

The 19.7 L Fuel Tank with the fuel filler cap on the right and the fuel gauge on the left
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-28-fuel-tank.jpg

The 'studded' Fuel Tank Leather trim. Prevents scratches from belt buckles.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-29-fuel-tank-leather-trim-studded.jpg

Another look at the beautiful color scheme on the fuel tank with hand pin stripe work.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-30-fuel-tanl-colour-scheme.jpg

cont...

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2015 at 14:49. Reason: Adding your latest updates to the opening page :)
dkaile is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 19:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

cont...

The Fuel Gauge. With always on LED light.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-31-fuel-gauge.jpg

The Beautiful Harley Davidson logo embellishment on the Tank in chrome
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-32-fuel-tank-embelishment.jpg

The Speedometer showing the Odo reading
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-33-speedometer-odometer.jpg

Displays different modes like Trip A
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-34-speedometer-trip-.jpg

Trip B
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-36-speedometer-trip-b.jpg

Range Remaining
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-35-range-remaining.jpg

Time
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-37-time.jpg

And Gear and RPM display. Gear is displayed only while moving with clutch lever fully released. The Top 6th Gear is also indicated in green inside the Speedometer by a separate light
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-38-gear-rpm-display.jpg

Now comes the real work of art, the Engine. Details already mentioned before. The left view with the Bell Horn and Oil Filter visible.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-39-engine-left-view.jpg

The Right View of the fabulous V-Twin 1690 cc, 103 c", air cooled heart. Notice the Air Intake cover in chrome!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-40-engine-right-view.jpg

The fully 'chromed' Primary Cover!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-41-primary-cover-chrome.jpg

With the '103' etched clutch adjustment cover. A work of art in itself!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-42-clutch-cover-103-chrome.jpg

The 6 Speed Gear Box with overdrive also in chrome. 6th gear can only be hit after 85 kmph!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-43-6-speed-gear-box-chrome.jpg

The trademark Softail exclusive 'horseshoe' Engine Oil Reservoir in chrome!!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-44-oil-reservoir.jpg

The Engine Oil Dipstick
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-47-oil-reservoir-dipstick.jpg

A close-up of the Cow Bell Horn in chrome. It's LOUD.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-48-cow-bell-horn-chrome.jpg

Screamin Eagle branded Spark Plugs (optional) and Orange high performance phat wires
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-49-screamin-eagle-spark-plug-wires.jpg

and going into the distributor. Is it any surprise that it too is encased in chrome!!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-50-screamin-eagle-spark-plug-wire-distributor.jpg

103 'chrome' trim abounds
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-51-engine-103-trim.jpg

Even the Oil Filter is in chrome
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-52-chrome-oil-filter.jpg

This Allen bolt hides the transmission oil dipstick
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-53-transmission-oil-dipstick.jpg

Even the Oil Piping is in chrome. Huff, I am tired now...lolz
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-54-engine-oil-piping-chrome.jpg

The ABS controller up front
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-55-abs-controller.jpg

Front Brake Fluid Reservoir on the right hand handlebar side
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-56-front-brake-fluid-reservoir.jpg

The Rear Brake Fluid Reservoir near the rear brake lever
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-57-rear-brake-fluid-reservoir.jpg

The accessory and battery charging harness (optional) with a view of the rear footpeg
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-58-accessory-battery-charging-attachment-rear-footpegs.jpg

A close-up of the harness. Has a inbuilt charging light.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-59-accessory-battery-charging-attachment.jpg

Harley OE battery charger (of a friend) for display purposes
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-60-harley-battery-charger.jpg

Here's how it attaches to the harness. Can be kept attached to the bike if it is not used for prolonged periods, luckily which won't happen with my bike.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-61-battery-charger-connected.jpg

The Classic BELT drive. No chain. no mess.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-62-belt-drive.jpg

cont...

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2015 at 14:49. Reason: Adding your latest updates to the opening page :)
dkaile is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 19:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

cont...

The solid and clean under-body view. Well protected engine sump.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-63-underbody.jpg

And now the 'pièce de résistance' from where the Softail gets its name. The hidden rear suspension in the under-body. Two heavy duty nitrogen filled shocks which are adjustable as per load!!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-64-softail-rear-suspension-underbody.jpg

The 'SOFA' Seats with the Sissy Bar (backrest in Harley terminology)
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-65-sofa-seats-sissy-bar.jpg

The "Emperor's" Throne!
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-66-front-seat.jpg

And the "Queen's" with the Sissy Bar
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-67-rear-seat-sissy-bar.jpg

It's a 'lass'...lolz
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-68-sissy-bar-trim.jpg

Another exclusive to the Heritage - The Leather Saddle Bags! The retro steel buckles hide the modern clip-on buckle underneath. Enough space to carry for the weekend trips.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-69-saddle-bag.jpg

I have lost the count of the stainless 'studs'
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-70-saddle-bag-studs.jpg

The Clean Rear,. Very visible. Demands a LED upgrade.
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-71-rear-view.jpg

A view of the stock rear indicator and brake light
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-72-rear-indicator-brake-light.jpg

The stock Mufflers. Another upgrade needed to make it sound like a Harley. Notice the 150 profile Rear WHITEWALL tyre with standard Disc Brakes and ABS
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-73-mufflers.jpg

A right side view
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-74-right-side-view.jpg

After Today's 140 km ride (left view)
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-75-left-side-view.jpg

It's a "Heritage Softail" Classic
Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-76-heritage-softail.jpg

Cheers for now...

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2015 at 14:50. Reason: Adding your latest updates to the opening page :)
dkaile is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 19:52   #5
BHPian

re: Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on purchasing an iconic, awe-inspiring and jaw dropping motorcycle.

The elegance and charisma of this motorcycle can't be described in words. It can be just felt and seen.

Wishing you plenty of amazing kilometres and hoping the motorcycle continues to soar down like a screaming eagle on them roads!
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 20:56   #6
BHPian

Just dreaming about riding this beast is giving me goosebumps. I know I can not own/ride such a machine but am glad that you can . Congratulations on this awesome purchase. Wish you many miles, and many more smiles.
Engine_Roars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 21:15   #7
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Many congratulations Sir.

The Mysterious Red Sunglow is a beautiful color, just happened to see fellow bhpian Shubz's MSG Fatboy yesterday. Such a elegant color on the big and brawny Harley's !

Wishing you many happy miles with your newly acquired possession.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th April 2015 at 22:20. Reason: typo corrected
//M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 21:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The Mysterious Red Sunglow is a beautiful color
Thanks. The color is actually a twin shade of Candy Orange and Beer Bottle metallic which is exclusive to the Heritage Softail Classic

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th April 2015 at 22:21. Reason: Typo corrected in quoted post
dkaile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 21:31   #9
BHPian

These are the stuff that dreams are made of! All drool worthy. Congratulations on your new purchase and it's an upgrade that's worth every penny.
Wish you happy mile munching on this beauty.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 11:00   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Thread moved here from Assembly line. Thanks for sharing the report with us
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 11:15   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Dhiraj,

Its indeed a beautiful machine and iam sure is the cynosure of all eyes when you step out on the road. It can only make the normal people on road gape with amazement and awe seeing such a massive bike with so much chrome on it.....meant for those super long rides ( If I were in your shoes, ride it from Meerut to Kanyakumari)

This IS the quintessential Harley !!!

Btw, what's the OTR of this bike in showroom in Delhi?

Enjoy and Ride Safe.....
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 11:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Upgrade Dheeraj, This does look like a Cool Deal that you have got in between your legs

So when is the GQ Starting? You have a good 3-4 months to ready yourself up and wait for the monsoons to subside. She is gorgeous with all the Chrome.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 11:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, what's the OTR of this bike in showroom in Delhi?
Thanks Avinash.

Like I mentioned earlier the on-road price in Delhi is 18.26L (price list attached) in stock conditions. I have attached 31K worth of accessories while taking delivery, details already mentioned. It is now also available with 2 years additional extended warranty which I too can purchase if I so desire for full coverage till October 2017.

Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic FLSTC: The Comprehensive Review-harley-price-list-wef-01032015_delhi.jpg
dkaile is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 11:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Dkaile. Looks supreme..a real monster. Those whitewalls looks gorgeous. I can imagine the attention you must be getting at the traffic lights or even while just cruising. Will be glued to this thread.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 12:44   #15
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the HSC Dheeraj!! Thats one hell of an upgrade - from a Super Low to a all time Super High. Now this is what a real Harley should look like (no offence to other Harley owners or bikes).

At 340 kgs - the bike is indeed heavy and you would need to be very careful in traffic and on bad roads as well (especially when you stopped next to a an uneven patch/pothole).

Quote:
The Sofa seat. It was even bigger and more comfortable than the Mustang Seat of a mates's Dyna which was the benchmark for me and much more comfortable than the Fat Boy's stock seats.
- The pillion is fully cared for. Now my wife has no excuses to join me more frequently on the comfortable pillion seat with a XL size back rest (sissy bar)
I am seated in a plastic chair right now - and I am feeling so comfortable by just looking at those sofa seats Main things I love about this bike (apart from the engine, obviously) - the seat, the traditional front fender and the tyres.

Quote:
Attention Magnet. For a small city like Meerut it is just a hassle to take it out in rush. But then I didn't buy it for a poser. A highway mile cruncher it.
Attention magnet is an understatement. Its more like a black hole.

Congrats once again and looking forward to more pics and updates from you.
v12 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks