Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:26   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate I would like to know besides spoke wheels what are the other advantages a BMW F800GS holds over the Kawasaki Versys 650 in terms of ADV touring.
Here is your answer :

http://www.sportrider.com/bmw-f800s-...ernative-twins

Even though its an old review and both bikes surely would have improved over course of time and upgrades but, the fact remains you get essentially the same experience levels at very different price points

Same dilemma as Tiger vs. V650. You want more power, electronic aids and of course have more moolah to spend. Go get the Tiger

Same with BMW....

Here is a screenshot from same comparison review in link above. It's not a full screenshot where V650 is rated better than F800

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-f800s-vs.-v650.jpg

Bottom-line, the differences are so minor that V650 price point makes it a compelling product

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd February 2016 at 10:28.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:49   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Mate I would like to know besides spoke wheels what are the other advantages a BMW F800GS holds over the Kawasaki Versys 650 in terms of ADV touring.

Oops correction replace BMW F800GS with F700.

Mods please merge and correct. Apologies.
I did say the japs are better.

However, the versys still does pussy foot... I think I would put the Beemer through a fair bit more abuse than the kawi. It's just a mind thing. Something about the Germans and the go anywhere build quality. Psychological more than anything else.

Also this post here agrees with what you say and a bit of what I say: http://theperfectline.kinja.com/long...ike-1735560755

Digressing because nobody's got their bloody versys yet! Come on already!
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:58   #288
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post

Now slightly :

Do you guys know that there is a BMW motorrad event happening today and tomorrow at the BIC? My friend has been invited by the BMW folks with a letter signed by BMW MD along with the flight tickets and a star hotel accommodation. He has traveled today for the event.

He mentioned that there could be some new launches coming up (F800GS?) and he said he would let me know tomorrow. F800GS is speculated to be assembled in Chennai and hence this should keep the price low. So if this being the case, how many would consider switching over to BMW?

Just curious!!
Saw pics of half a dozen BMW S1000 XR's at BIC today. Waiting for more pics from the Motorrad event.
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:21   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Here is your answer :
Avi mate I already knew the answer to this one but wanted Red Liner's take on What makes the BMW F700 better than Kawasaki Verys 650 and Why?

Quote:
Bottom-line, the differences are so minor that V650 price point makes it a compelling product
That's what I am talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
However, the versys still does pussy foot... I think I would put the Beemer through a fair bit more abuse than the kawi. It's just a mind thing. Something about the Germans and the go anywhere build quality. Psychological more than anything else.
Avi and Red Liner mate I got the answer (what I was expecting).
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:34   #290
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

One big turn-off with the Versys was the huge gap near the handlebar and instrument panel, there is a huge well through which you can see the entire asphalt down below.

The V650 has many pro's and I agree I am just nitpicking here because there are no real flaws with the bike. But once you are on the saddle, you see the dashboard and handlebar of the bike. The huge gap is a turn-off for me.

Attaching a pic for reference:

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-2015kawasakiversys650dashboard.jpg

The same issue is with the Honda CBR650F as well, the gap is too big to ignore. Attaching a pic for reference:

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-6000000002.jpg

Just google'd these images. Due credits to the original photographers.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:56   #291
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Exactly. I am also expecting them to be around 14.5-15L for F800GS and 700 would be around 11.5-12L range. If priced right, it would kill many straight away.
Definitely they are drool-worthy, but pricing would be the key. As you said, close to double of what one would pay for the versys. hmnnn.. difficult for people on budget like myself. :(

Quote:
Saw pics of half a dozen BMW S1000 XR's at BIC today. Waiting for more pics from the Motorrad event.
Hoping there is some news on their near future plans in India from the event. Hoping they use the relation with TVS well and look at India as a potential market.

BTW, any updates on versys deliveries?

Quote:
One big turn-off with the Versys was the huge gap near the handlebar and instrument panel, there is a huge well through which you can see the entire asphalt down below.
In addition, personally i find the bikes with fixed headlight (types where headlight does not turn with handle) a bit uncomfortable. Could be i am not used to riding many of them (except the P220) but given an option, i would do away with it. Not a big fan of fairings.

OT, but the Himalayan specs are out. could have extracted a bit more from an all new 410 cc engine without the push rods, but look at those suspension travel figures.

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd February 2016 at 12:21. Reason: back to back posts. Pls use EDIT function if replying within 20 mins...Cheers!
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:56   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Thanks for pointing it out. Yes, I agree with you. Gap looks ugly

Surprisingly in a faring crazy country like ours, I was never a fan of heavily fared bikes and with such gaps in fairings/body, it really looks bad

Can't help but train the mind to ignore it
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:13   #293
BHPian

One quick update from Chennai side is that the design approval is expected by this Saturday or early next week. The dealer finally agreed to allocate the first bike (of Tamilnadu) to me (may be the other guy called it off ) and suggested that I start the required process like loan etc.

He says the Tamilnadu RTO process is different from the other states that design approval is a must before the registration beings. Not sure about that though.

So, finally things are moving!!

Now, while all of us are waiting, why dont we discuss that mods required to change it to a true (?!) ADV Tourer like Tiger?
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:43   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
While I agree the opinion on this gap can vary from person to person, from personal experience there are 3 reasons there is a bigger gap:

1. Makes it easier to replace the headlight bulb thru that space. On my GS I still had a few scratches on my knuckles after doing the job!

2. Most of these long haul bikes are designed with a GPS to be handle-bar mounted. So that gap makes sure the GPS does not sit above the ignition key nor covers your instrument panel.

3. Some aftermarket windshields may be a little wider and your handlebar/mirror-stock in its fully turned position could touch it. With the bigger gap the windshield base is also pushed further forward to help in such cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprabu View Post
He says the Tamilnadu RTO process is different from the other states that design approval is a must before the registration beings. Not sure about that though.
First time hearing about the design. But I know normally with new bikes imported into the country, although its a 5 minute job the IT Dept in the RTO takes its sweet time to enter the name like 'Kawasaki Versys 650' so that the system prints the bike name & model in your RC card. Ofcourse with private imports we have to personally follow up with RTO for weeks/months, but with Kawasaki dealers, they register thousands of bikes with the RTO and hence I am sure the dealers generally must be having a "good" relation with the RTO to get things done quickly.

On a side note- With the sloppy launch of the Versys 650 so far, Kawasaki has either under estimated the potential of this bike in India or just is acting big in the hope people will simply buy irrespective of the shit they put out.

Anyways for all the enthusiasts out there, I urge you to keep your patience with a prayer....sabar ka phal meeta hota hai
Haroon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:27   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Just checked the Kawa US website. Oh man ! the Orange-Black and White-Black combo looks so damn killer ! Sincerely hope they get color options to India. I am not a fan of the full black at all!
Old 3rd February 2016, 11:03   #296

"In addition, DSK Benelli also showcased the soon to arrive ABS variants of the TNT 600i and TNT 600 GT superbikes with an aim to heat up the competition even further, as the existing range has been creating ripples in the Indian superbiking segment." - Motoroids

Looks like Benelli is upping its ante by providing ABS to TNT 600 GT. Now i guess it can really take on Versys 650 on overall package vs price quotient.
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:22   #297
BHPian

Already ordered color to repaint my Versys to white black combo. 😀
If not Kawasaki I am gonna do it on my own.
My bike is going to arrive by tomorrow evening with the dealer so delivery may be on 6th/5th.
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:52   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
My bike is going to arrive by tomorrow evening with the dealer so delivery may be on 6th/5th.
Can we do a wrap instead? I have spoken to WrapCraft and the quote I received for White/Black is around 16k. I think the price is steep and I need to look for alternative options as well.

Would require bike to be stripped and wrapped and I guess it would require at least 2 days of work. If the color is changed, do we need to go for RC endorsements?

Today I have reached out to Rahul of MotoUsher and he seems to be dealing with Hepco Becker brand accessories. We now have one more option for accessories along with SW-Motech.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of these vendors. Sharing the information as I received from other channels.
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:20   #299
BHPian

I am also almost decided on Hepco Becker centre Stand and Engine Guard which also protects the fairings a little.

I will be stripping n painting it myself. So it is only cost of paint for me. Yes might have to re endorse the RC, but am ready to go through it.

Just few days back finished repainting my Lil Ceeber and am really happy with finish n texture of the paint, so will do the same with Versys too. I use MTN spray paint (canned) followed by Matt top coat. Attaching a photo of my CBR for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-1454492921926.jpg  

Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh-1454492945303.jpg  

Last edited by techfreak : 3rd February 2016 at 15:22.
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:20   #300
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Are you receiving the bike tomorrow? Have you already made the payment?

Asking this as sometime back i received a call from the KTM/Kawasaki indiranagar. They said that the bikes will arrive in 6-7 days time, and asked me to come and make the payment asap. I asked why they want payment now if the bikes are arriving after 5-6 days. Answer was that as mine is on priority (?) i am to make the payment now it self. I did not understand what they meant, told them would come on saturday and do the formalities anyways.
Is this how it typically is? should i go ahead and make the payment? no jhol-jaal na?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks