Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:26   #301
BHPian

My bike is in transit & should be with the dealer tomorrow. No I have not done the payment, waiting for the bike to reach the dealer. He has already got the engine n chassis number and since my order is the only confirmed order with my dealer I am a little relaxed.
Regarding paying really, yes it is little uncomfortable but I had done the same during purchase of my car. As during that time the particular model was in short supply so paid in advance to be assured and be able to pressurize the dealer a little more.

Last edited by techfreak : 3rd February 2016 at 15:31.
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:37   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Versys 650 launched at Rs. 6.6 lakh

Techfreak, I will refrain from saying "Congrats" as the last time I uttered those words to Dust_Harl, his Versys delivery got delayed

"If" you get the bike this weekend, please share detailed ride report and many daylight pictures including close-ups

Great to know that you DIY the paint job. But, IMO you should enjoy the stock color for a few months before taking a call on painting it white/black as the work is done by yourself

And, yes you have to change the color mention in your RC (along with taking a big hit on it's resale value)

Look forward to members here sharing avenues where we can get accessories for V650 along with their price-lists. Would be helpful for prospective buyers

Cheers and Good luck
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:16   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasirkaka View Post
Asking this as sometime back i received a call from the KTM/Kawasaki indiranagar. They said that the bikes will arrive in 6-7 days time, and asked me to come and make the payment asap. I asked why they want payment now if the bikes are arriving after 5-6 days. Answer was that as mine is on priority (?) i am to make the payment now it self. I did not understand what they meant, told them would come on saturday and do the formalities anyways.
Is this how it typically is? should i go ahead and make the payment? no jhol-jaal na?
"Priority" and all bull sir. they just want to ensure you don't cancel the booking and go elsewhere. Same brand, different dealer or different brand altogether.

But yes, no jhol-jhaal or Gol-maal. Safe to make the payment. That way you can be all over them to give you the bike as you are Priority! :-)
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:42   #304
BHPian

@mobike008 Thank you anyway. ☺
I know the games these people play so no big hopes.
Yes shall keep the bike stock color for sometime till the time I get 3 days continuous off before doing the DIY paint job.
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:16   #305
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
My bike is in transit & should be with the dealer tomorrow. No I have not done the payment, waiting for the bike to reach the dealer. He has already got the engine n chassis number and since my order is the only confirmed order with my dealer I am a little relaxed.
Regarding paying really, yes it is little uncomfortable but I had done the same during purchase of my car. As during that time the particular model was in short supply so paid in advance to be assured and be able to pressurize the dealer a little more.
Thanks, So another week or so and we will start receiving the initial lot in various cities. You painted the ceeber to matt black and versys already is in matt black.
on a serious note, keep away from the spray can based paints on a new bike, as they will start showing age very fast. For proper painting, the surface preparation is very important, and on an already painted and clear coated surface, applying another coat without surface preparation (sanding>water paper> primer etc), its a risky proposition. You could seriously consider spending 15k on wrapping to desired colour, as that will act as surface protector from minor scratches, daily wear and you can always peel them off to reveal the OEM finish. I Saw some pics of a wrap-up job done on a Z800 and it looked very neat.

Quote:
"Priority" and all bull sir. they just want to ensure you don't cancel the booking and go elsewhere. Same brand, different dealer or different brand altogether.

But yes, no jhol-jhaal or Gol-maal. Safe to make the payment. That way you can be all over them to give you the bike as you are Priority! :-)
Khivraj motors has 5 KTM outlets in Bangalore and they have received 7-8 booking for versys just in the indiranagar showroom. The number might be much more combining their other outlets. So might as well go ahead and make the payment to be on the safe side. That way i can make lots of noise if it gets delayed further.
Do we get the privilege of choosing our bike from the lot, or they just allot one to us? this is my first 500+ cc bike, so no prior experience.
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:26   #306
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

The first Versys 650 has been delivered today, two more to be delivered in a day or two.

However, I've no idea if the deliveries are being done on TR's or if the RTO formalities are done and the bikes are being registered before the delivery happens.
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:47   #307
Senior - BHPian

Are these bikes 2015 manufactured which are being delivered in the first batch? Has Kawasaki officially launched 2016 versys?
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:56   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are these bikes 2015 manufactured which are being delivered in the first batch? Has Kawasaki officially launched 2016 versys?
Sirji, So good to see you here. Hows and wheres you been? Planning on the versys?

As for the year of manufacturing, can someone please take an image of the VIN from one of the display bikes? This matt black colour combo with green springs is a 2016 colour. But manufacturing would have started in late 2015. Also, i am guessing the initial lot would be 2015 made, considering the import, logistics and local assembly. And we are just a month into 2016.
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:58   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Brilliant question

Even I am curious to know if the bikes are 2015 or 2016 model because 2016 models normally is launched atleast a quarter back in previous year ( Oct'15?)

Also what is the make of tyres on V650 being delivered in India? Is it same as global model?
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:34   #310
BHPian

India got first consignment of Versys 650 in CKD form in the month of November. So I guess that to be produced a month early at the least. So they may be 2015 or 2016 model. Can be confirmed only on checking the VIN number.

@nasirkaka yes the Ceeber was painted with all the necessary steps done I. E rubbing, sanding, primer coat n all. Have used MTN paints before too, they are of very high quality so not much worried about losing sheen/shine soon. But yes in painting it is very important to do the whole thing to get the best finish n life.

Last edited by techfreak : 3rd February 2016 at 18:40.
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:36   #311
Senior - BHPian

I was told by the dealer in Chandigarh that the stock they have is of 2015 and they are awaiting 2016 so no bikes on display.
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:44   #312
BHPian

@Randhawa BS the dealer is giving. Why can't they display a 2015 model?
By the way Versys 650 has been revamped in 2015 so in 2016 they have only introduced new colors, nothing else. And as such in India we are getting only black color so apart from resale value 2015 or 2016 model doesn't really matter.
All the dealers all over the country are weaving their own story to save their own back n Kawasaki India's pathetic management of the whole issue.
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:24   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And as such in India we are getting only black color so apart from resale value 2015 or 2016 model doesn't really matter.
In India all the versys would be considered 2016 model anyways- the year of registration.
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:34   #314
Senior - BHPian

Please be careful. I remember seeing a Ninja 650 thread where the dealer was actually trying to sell off a 2013 manufactured model as a 2015 one
Old 3rd February 2016, 20:03   #315
Senior - BHPian

I will visit them again after triumph announces their new bonveille price tomorrow. If it crosses 7L then it's gona be versys for me.

@techfreak- I have no clue what they are on about.

Last edited by Randhawa : 3rd February 2016 at 20:05.

Most Viewed