Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 11:05   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
should'nt it be more expensive from a dealer, with their margins involved? since the recent impounding of bikes due to lack of papers and proper duties not being paid due you think it is safe buying bikes from dealers.
Speedy: No ways..... i know somebody who would give it to me at a steal with the registration. i read the article which bunny has posted about the pricing...it says it will be around 11.5 laks... now the question is that whether is it going to be with or without registration. If taken at loan again the interest will kill you....so you end up paying more again. hence the 11.5 lack r1 would be close to approx 12.25 or 12.5 (correct me if i am wrong). Thats one helluva money...

I'd rather buy it from my dealer friend who in return will atleast give me goood A.s.S (no Pun Intended)on my Bike as well as far more better discount than the company, and since he is a friend... INstallment will also workout... Lols God forbid if the bike breaks down i will get a spare bike to use until mine gets repaired. I get to learn and see the assembly all by my self. Spare parts would be no problems. Well papers and stuff will be taken care of by Him since he is into this from a good span of time.No name will be disclosed. Sorry

Btw .... you have a very goood eye... for imports.... Hmm..Would love to read more of your posts
Old 10th August 2007, 11:12   #92
Team-BHP Support

Do remember that a grey market dealer will sell you a brand new (almost) liter bike for around 9 lakhs. However, ask them to register it in your name, and I can almost bet that he will say no. So you end up shelling out 9 lakhs for a bike that is legally not in your name. It would, in all probability, be in the name of some poor laborer who is returning from the middle east. You can only get it transfered onto your name 2 years later.

If you want a bike in your name, and registered in the correct RTO, it would end up costing you around 11-12 lakhs from that very same dealer. And that is without a company warranty and you are still not sure whether the paperwork is 100% legal.
Old 10th August 2007, 11:41   #93
Senior - BHPian

RTech,

Agreed. Now can Kawa bring me the:
http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Det...specifications :|

If I had the money, it is indeed a damn good deal. Peace of mind is worth much more. When the film stars politicians are not getting spared (Bentley case), why should we take the hassle of saving a few lakhs for a lifelong nuisance?
Old 10th August 2007, 18:56   #94
Senior - BHPian

Tsk, tsk...people, people...

We have all moaned & complained about manufacturers not bringing in the right stuff. And when somebody is finally doing something, we're criticizing. C'mon guys, cheer up; at least we're getting somewhere now...

If things do go as per schedule, rest assured that by 2009-10, we'll have quite a couple of choices, within budget. How, you ask? Competition. So, patience, compadre's. Wait & watch....

Considering the current import scene, 11.5 OTR is decent. A 07' R1, grey, costs about 9.5-10L; irrespective of importer/dealer. An additional lac and a half is worth it, IMHO. No DRI, no customs, blah blah. Hurrah. And the best part- you can actually claim insurance for fender-benders (quite expensive for these 2 wheeled havens).

Looking forward to the launch. And the loan schemes....
Old 10th August 2007, 18:58   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post

Considering the current import scene, 11.5 OTR is decent. A 07' R1, grey, costs about 9.5-10L; irrespective of importer/dealer. An additional lac and a half is worth it, IMHO. No DRI, no customs, blah blah. Hurrah. And the best part- you can actually claim insurance for fender-benders (quite expensive for these 2 wheeled havens).
I have to agree. Also since i'm not in india for the past few years i didnt know how much i'd have to cough up to buy a brand new litre bike there i was almost ready for this 10+Lakhs figure. So good atleast its not a shock
Old 10th August 2007, 19:38   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post

We have all moaned & complained about manufacturers not bringing in the right stuff. And when somebody is finally doing something, we're criticizing. C'mon guys, cheer up; at least we're getting somewhere now...

If things do go as per schedule, rest assured that by 2009-10, we'll have quite a couple of choices, within budget. How, you ask? Competition. So, patience, compadre's. Wait & watch....

Looking forward to the launch. And the loan schemes....

Now that doesn't seem too bad.Wouldn't interest rates be cranked up a whole lot,since an import is involved? Or would it be the same as any other vehicle that costs the same..For example,if a person were to get an auto load for Rs 10lakhs to buy an Octy, would the interest rates be the same for a SBK costing Rs10 lakh?
Just curious..
Old 10th August 2007, 20:03   #97
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand why cant they bring them as CKD units ?

Last edited by black12rr : 10th August 2007 at 20:07.
Old 10th August 2007, 22:46   #98
Senior - BHPian

it makes more sense getting them as ckd units and the price would be cheaper also. better for all of us.
Old 11th August 2007, 00:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I dont understand why cant they bring them as CKD units ?
wait for a bit and i'm sure that'll happen as well ! let the first few lay their hands on the expensive price-tag and after the company see's the selling potential hopefully they'll bring them in as CKD.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 11th August 2007, 00:34   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
wait for a bit and i'm sure that'll happen as well ! let the first few lay their hands on the expensive price-tag and after the company see's the selling potential hopefully they'll bring them in as CKD.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Highway.. This is the kind of positive thinking we need. however through the CKD route: by my rough duty calculations it should work out to 8.68 L.

I wish they try option c) Built it here ~! no duty 4.50 L - 5L
Old 11th August 2007, 02:25   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Highway.. This is the kind of positive thinking we need. however through the CKD route: by my rough duty calculations it should work out to 8.68 L.

I wish they try option c) Built it here ~! no duty 4.50 L - 5L
how i wish someone from yamaha is reading and takeing notes. 5 lacs i would cancel buying a car and get two R1's. one for the day and the other for the night.
Old 11th August 2007, 17:47   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
how i wish someone from yamaha is reading and takeing notes. 5 lacs i would cancel buying a car and get two R1's. one for the day and the other for the night.

what would be the difference?? Cars are much safer.. Dont jump on me guys... On Indian roads trust me.. cars are safer..

If i have to shell out 11+ L on a Bike i would rather buy the Civic..
Also dont forget that you cant take these biikes out in Rain..

Godfather
Old 12th August 2007, 02:43   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
what would be the difference?? Cars are much safer.. Dont jump on me guys... On Indian roads trust me.. cars are safer..

Godfather
i agree cars are safer but the thrill on a bike is different. i take 2 hrs to get to work in a car i would cut that to half or less on the bike. mt01 perhaps for the day and R1 for the night sounds better. the cars are there for the formal occations, though i had taken a friends fireblade to a wedding once wearing a suit. what a sight,felt like i was in a rolls royce
Old 12th August 2007, 18:40   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post

Godfather
Yep they are safer. Tho I get blood pressure in the city in the City. I zip past most what-would-otherwise-be-bottlenecks on the bike.
And riding in the rain is one of the small pleasures of life I'd rather have. Getting drenched is part of the fun
Old 16th August 2007, 23:58   #105
Senior - BHPian

mee too i will believe this new only when i see it!

and yeah i agree with steeroid man they are the prototype and how come i cant see any reat brakes(disk?).

Last edited by rider60 : 17th August 2007 at 00:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks