Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 01:54   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
Can anyone suggest the price of 2007 Busa with all the registration documents like RC Insurance and seller is saying he will arrange NOC as well. There are no other docs available with him. What should be the resale price of this bike as i am planning to buy it only for 6 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
I checked the bike out today. It seems custom duty is not paid. He does not have any custom clearance or any other custom related document. What should be the value of the bike?
I am moving the United States in 6 - 8 months and my older brother owns a race spec but street legal ZX - 14 & Ducati 1098, so wated to get an idea into handling these machines.
Since you are from Yamunanagar,is it the one,that is on sale through a Dealer based in ambala?
Old 4th July 2012, 18:19   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Thanks for posting the pictures Manish! That is indeed my Thunderace.
I sold it back in December 2008 and it has changed a couple of hands since then. I'm guessing it should mechanically be in the same condition as when I sold it considering the odometer read a little over 16,000 kms when I parted with the Ace! A little bit of TLC and you should be gunning it on a Sunday morning.
The Thunderace has perfectly clean papers, and hopefully the current owner has a copy of all the papers I had handed over to Rahul back in 2008!
Thanks buddy, am sure it bought back some fond memories! I already have a Ninja 650r, this one caught the interest of my friend. He is yet to finalize on the deal, we were planning on making a trip to Mumbai this coming weekend, but again, that depends on his final decision to purchase.

Last edited by mb_jg : 4th July 2012 at 18:21.
Old 5th July 2012, 00:07   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Thanks buddy, am sure it bought back some fond memories!
Sure did man. Give me a shout if you need any more inputs on the Ace!
Old 30th July 2012, 02:35   #184
Senior - BHPian

Those tyres are not new. Manson had put them on (Bridgestones BT-020). I had the same on my gixxer. Oh, the egzoss is not very very loud either .

Last edited by straight6 : 30th July 2012 at 02:36.
Old 21st January 2013, 12:38   #185
Senior - BHPian

Been through the entire thread, must say, it's a highly informative read!

I'm looking to get myself a pre-worshipped SuperSport (going to be my first)!

Wanted to know what the current situation is like? What can I get for a budget of 6-6.5 lacs (needless to say, it has to have clean papers)?
I know I can get a Hyosung GT650, but I wanted an I4 Japanese (read R6, CBR600)!

Also, would really appreciate leads/links to SBK owners/dealers from Hyderabad!

PS: Preferably a bike registered in AP, don't mind going for others too considering it's hard to find an AP registered SuperSport!

Last edited by shyn : 21st January 2013 at 12:47.
Old 21st January 2013, 19:24   #186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post

Wanted to know what the current situation is like? What can I get for a budget of 6-6.5 lacs (needless to say, it has to have clean papers)?
I know I can get a Hyosung GT650, but I wanted an I4 Japanese (read R6, CBR600)!

PS: Preferably a bike registered in AP, don't mind going for others too considering it's hard to find an AP registered SuperSport!
Holy crap, have you cut yourself out a task or what!

First things first, importing 600 cc motorcycles into India is illegal barring the transfer of residence route. This alone halves your chances of finding a clean 600 cc with legal papers around here. There is a legal R6 on our classified section which I suggest you have a look at.

Secondly, be flexible between the budget and class of motorcycle. A 600 being more streetable than a 1000 is a myth I am sick of bursting and applying logic to and applied to times back in the 90s when liter bikes were big, brutal and heavy.
The current crop (since say the last decade odd) is pretty close to the 600s unless you're track serious and are nuts about redlining an engine.

To cheer you up a little, you have a good budget for a 2007 - 2008 600 cc but it is difficult to find an example with clean papers. It will be easier to find yourself a liter class motorcycle in good condition and with legal papers between 2002 - 2005 or maybe even a 2006, anything newer would be next to impossible if not impossible. Pushing your budget to 8ish may get your the early Indian invoices R1s or MT01s too.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 22:14   #187
BHPian

Quote:

There is a CBR600RR for sale in Hyderabad. Check out the classifieds. I saw the bike this past weekend myself.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:36   #188
BHPian

Fellas,

I'm in the market for my very first SBK. After comparing all the Jap's against each other, I somehow settled on the Honda CBR1000RR. Based on the reviews I've read, it comes across as a a bike that handles very well (more so than the others), not to mention that's it quite the looker.

I'm undecided though about whether I should go in for a new one or a used one. My thinking is, I would like to experiment a little with a used bike before making the switch to a brand new one.

I was wondering if any of you can point me in the direction of someone that can facilitate a used bike sale.
Old 22nd January 2013, 15:50   #189
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdeal View Post

I was wondering if any of you can point me in the direction of someone that can facilitate a used bike sale.
Great call on taking the used route. It lets your experiment your preferences and comfort zone without really breaking the bank or losing a lot in depreciating when compared to a new motorcycle.
Start out small though, look up inline classifieds on here and other portals as these mostly have owner listed vehicles after which you could probably check with what the dealers around you have in stock. I recommend the direct purchase route as it is easier to extract more information on the history and upkeep the vehicle over a broker or a dealer.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 19:43   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Holy crap, have you cut yourself out a task or what!

First things first, importing 600 cc motorcycles into India is illegal barring the transfer of residence route. This alone halves your chances of finding a clean 600 cc with legal papers around here. There is a legal R6 on our classified section which I suggest you have a look at.

Secondly, be flexible between the budget and class of motorcycle. A 600 being more streetable than a 1000 is a myth I am sick of bursting and applying logic to and applied to times back in the 90s when liter bikes were big, brutal and heavy.
The current crop (since say the last decade odd) is pretty close to the 600s unless you're track serious and are nuts about redlining an engine.

To cheer you up a little, you have a good budget for a 2007 - 2008 600 cc but it is difficult to find an example with clean papers. It will be easier to find yourself a liter class motorcycle in good condition and with legal papers between 2002 - 2005 or maybe even a 2006, anything newer would be next to impossible if not impossible. Pushing your budget to 8ish may get your the early Indian invoices R1s or MT01s too.
Actually, now that I think of it, I don't mind going for a Litre-Class. Thanks for the reply!

But do you think I'll get one for 7 lacs (will be hard stretching my budget anymore)?! I was told of a MH registered Bandit with after-market exhausts and Indian invoice going for 7 lacs. You think it'll be a good buy? What depreciation can I expect, say after 3 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
There is a CBR600RR for sale in Hyderabad. Check out the classifieds. I saw the bike this past weekend myself.
I checked it out but the response wasn't as good when I asked about the paper work! He said "the DRI isn't checking the papers for bikes imported before 2005"!
Old 22nd January 2013, 20:10   #191
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

But do you think I'll get one for 7 lacs (will be hard stretching my budget anymore)?!
Very difficult to find a good well kept liter class newer than 2006 for 7ish, I would say 8 is what you should have in mind for a realistic budget. If you're going that far, wait it out for a couple of months and spend that extra bit for an Indian invoiced bike to save yourself from answering ridiculous questions at the time of selling it

Quote:
I was told of a MH registered Bandit with after-market exhausts and Indian invoice going for 7 lacs. You think it'll be a good buy? What depreciation can I expect, say after 3 months?
I have zilch idea about the Bandit's pricing and resale. Pink Straight6, he knows his tourers way better than me. The depreciation on these bikes is in the range of 50 - 75K odd and sometimes it could even fetch 20 - 50 K on the higher side depending on how needy you are when you are the buyer and how how needs the buyer is when you are the seller

Quote:
I checked it out but the response wasn't as good when I asked about the paper work! He said "the DRI isn't checking the papers for bikes imported before 2005"!
The seller does not know what he is talking about, avoid.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 04:40   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Very difficult to find a good well kept liter class newer than 2006 for 7ish, I would say 8 is what you should have in mind for a realistic budget. If you're going that far, wait it out for a couple of months and spend that extra bit for an Indian invoiced bike to save yourself from answering ridiculous questions at the time of selling it
That's exactly my thinking as well. 8-10 seems to be a good budget for bikes from 2008 onward with low mileage and maintained almost good as new.

Couldn't find anything that I liked in our TBHP classified section except an R1. Any dealer recommendations in B'lore?
Old 16th February 2013, 13:16   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdeal View Post

Couldn't find anything that I liked in our TBHP classified section except an R1. Any dealer recommendations in B'lore?
There have been a couple of fresh listings since your last post on this thread. Have a look!
Old 18th February 2013, 14:54   #194
BHPian

Quote:
There have been a couple of fresh listings since your last post on this thread. Have a look!

Thanks buddy!

I've been checking up on them quite regularly and there is are 2 x R1's and HD 48 that I have caught my attention.
Old 6th March 2013, 01:03   #195
BHPian

Also a good tip would be to download the service manual and check if you can get new or used parts shipped via Ebay before settling for a imported bike of your choice. There are often many times that for even the showroom takes 3 months (experience from my Gen II busa's rear footrest) for getting something as simple as the rubber on the footrest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks