Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2012, 14:19   #166
Team-BHP Support

re: How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Sorry for bumping an old topic, just curious to know the following;

1) Is it practical to ride 600cc+ bikes for daily usage in high traffic regions?

2) If not, what are the reasons for the same? The seating position, the low-end torque in bumper to bumper traffic, high temperatures?

Hope someone can fill in the details!
Superbikes are not for practicality. Period. Practicality if however subjective

Coming to your question, it is all about personal preferences. If you love high revving the tits off the bike, you should get yourself a 600. You will feel a lot more at ease while giving maximum throttle input to these as the newer inline 600s make power much higher in the rpm range, about 8000 rpm on the last 2008 600 RR that I rode. Expect a lot of ache on your right wrist in first couple of months though.

Contrary to the popular myth about 600s being more practical etc for traffic conditions, I prefer the liter class stuff. You are almost always in the power band in less than a moment and moving around or getting ahead of the traffic at a green light doesn't take up too much drama compared to a high revving 400 / 600 block.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 15:36   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Contrary to the popular myth about 600s being more practical etc for traffic conditions, I prefer the liter class stuff. You are almost always in the power band in less than a moment and moving around or getting ahead of the traffic at a green light doesn't take up too much drama compared to a high revving 400 / 600 block.
This myth goes back to the 80's and 90's when it was actually true. In those days, the weight differential between a 600 and litre bike was actually enough to make commuting a pain. Today's litre bikes are so close in weight to the 600's that the litre bikes are the best all round superbikes on the market.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 22:22   #168

Hey Folks,

Am new to Team-bhp, just joined a couple of days back as member, although have used the community for reading reviews and inputs for a while now.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for my question - but shooting nonetheless (it seemed the most relevant thread from my search)

I'm looking at purchasing a used 400-600cc bike in Mumbai. Budget being 3-4 lacs (4 being a stretch). Would be great to get your thoughts on which model would suit well, and contacts of dealers in Mumbai/sellers. I personally would love to get my hands on a yamaha r6 (or honda cbr600rr or suzuki-gsxr-600) - but would be great to get some more experienced advice!

Thanks,
Vinod
Old 14th June 2012, 16:52   #169

Can anyone suggest the price of 2007 Busa with all the registration documents like RC Insurance and seller is saying he will arrange NOC as well. There are no other docs available with him. What should be the resale price of this bike as i am planning to buy it only for 6 months.
Old 14th June 2012, 17:42   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
Can anyone suggest the price of 2007 Busa with all the registration documents like RC Insurance and seller is saying he will arrange NOC as well. There are no other docs available with him. What should be the resale price of this bike as i am planning to buy it only for 6 months.
The Suzuki Hayabusa was not sold officially in India back in 2007, so you are going to have to be very careful about the import paperwork of the bike. Coming to your query, a reasonably well kept Hayabusa wit import duty and road tax paid in full should be in the range of 7 lacs. Selling it six months or even a year later would fetch you about the same amount if not more. Also, selling these niche vehicles can be a lot slower process than say selling your regular hatchback or sedan.

That said, unless you've had a Hayabusa in the past and are relocating in near future 6 months is barely duration to experience any powerful vehicle, let alone the mighty Busa! Its been over 3 years since I've had my Fireblade and I can't seem to get enough of it everytime I take it out for a spin!
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 14:15   #171

I checked the bike out today. It seems custom duty is not paid. He does not have any custom clearance or any other custom related document. What should be the value of the bike?
I am moving the United States in 6 - 8 months and my older brother owns a race spec but street legal ZX - 14 & Ducati 1098, so wated to get an idea into handling these machines.

Last edited by manson : 15th June 2012 at 19:03. Reason: Team-Bhp prohibits use of spam & intermittent capslock key. Please visit the announcement section before proceeding further.
Torque is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th June 2012, 19:14   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
I checked the bike out today. It seems custom duty is not paid. He does not have any custom clearance or any other custom related document. What should be the value of the bike?
I am moving the United States in 6 - 8 months and my older brother owns a race spec but street legal ZX - 14 & Ducati 1098, so wated to get an idea into handling these machines.
Considering how the authorities have been cracking down on illegal superbike imports, I would steer away from a possibly illegal import.
Secondly, it isn't going to be an easy affair to get this bike off you when you're leaving since almost nobody these days wants to get around anything shoddy.

If you're just looking to get a feel of things, I highly recommend getting yourself a used Ninja 650! There are a couple on sale if you search on other forums and if priced right, you'd be able to sell this in about a week or two.
Old 28th June 2012, 15:45   #173
BHPian

Manson, need your help on this Thunderace up for sale. If anyone knows anything about this bike good \bad, please let me know.
Asking price: 4lakhs
YAMAHA THUNDERACE YZF 1 1000CC BIKE
MH01 REG 2002 REGISTER
FULL CUSTOM CLEAR DUTY PAID BIKE
CUSTOM DRI LETTER OF 2009 CLEAR
BIKE IS IN SCRACHLES CONDITION
NEW TYRES NEW BATTERY NEW DISC PADS
1.5 LAKH ACCESSORIES AFTERMARKET
DEVIL EGZOSS SOUND VERY VERY LOUD
BIKE IS IN SHOWROM CONDITION
RECENTLY SERVICE D BIKE IS KEPT IN SHOWROOM
ONLY 18000KM RUN D BIKE IS IN ORIGINAL PAINT
Attached Thumbnails
How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-20110710-15.32.05.jpg  

How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-20110710-15.32.23.jpg  

How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-20110710-15.32.38.jpg  

How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-20110710-15.32.54.jpg  

How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India-20110710-15.33.06.jpg  

mb_jg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 17:21   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Manson, need your help on this Thunderace up for sale. If anyone knows anything about this bike good \bad, please let me know.
Asking price: 4lakhs
YAMAHA THUNDERACE YZF 1 1000CC BIKE
MH01 REG 2002 REGISTER
FULL CUSTOM CLEAR DUTY PAID BIKE
CUSTOM DRI LETTER OF 2009 CLEAR
BIKE IS IN SCRACHLES CONDITION
NEW TYRES NEW BATTERY NEW DISC PADS
1.5 LAKH ACCESSORIES AFTERMARKET
DEVIL EGZOSS SOUND VERY VERY LOUD
BIKE IS IN SHOWROM CONDITION
RECENTLY SERVICE D BIKE IS KEPT IN SHOWROOM
ONLY 18000KM RUN D BIKE IS IN ORIGINAL PAINT
This is Manson's old Thunderace. All the details can be found in this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ce-thread.html

Small world this is..
JayD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 17:44   #175
BHPian

Cool, In some way I was hoping it would be Manson's ride. So I don't have to worry about it been abused or dropped, etc.
Why is Manson selling the Thunderace though?
Old 29th June 2012, 14:24   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cool, In some way I was hoping it would be Manson's ride. So I don't have to worry about it been abused or dropped, etc.
Why is Manson selling the Thunderace though?

I would advise you to read the thread before posting random questions. The bike was sold by Manson over 4yrs back.
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 14:34   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I would advise you to read the thread before posting random questions. The bike was sold by Manson over 4yrs back.
What random questions? I asked if anyone in the biking community knew anything about the particular bike. If I had known earlier it was Manson's bike, I wouldn't have a reason to ask that question in the first place.
I think you are confused!!
Old 29th June 2012, 14:37   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg;2823600
[B
Why is Manson selling the Thunderace though?[/b]
Quote:
What random questions? I asked if anyone in the biking community knew anything about the particular bike. If I had known earlier it was Manson's bike, I wouldn't have a reason to ask that question in the first place.
I think you are confused!!

If you had read thru the link posted, you would have known that the bike has been sold quite some time back, and that it is someone else selling it today, and not manson.
Old 29th June 2012, 14:48   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
If you had read thru the link posted, you would have known that the bike has been sold quite some time back, and that it is someone else selling it today, and not manson.
FYI : I was offered a bike for sale & I wanted to check on the background of the bike, if I knew if was Manson's bike I wouldn't have asked in the first place & then I had a reason to read 17pages of the thread.

Last edited by GTO : 30th June 2012 at 11:13. Reason: First warning : Keep your tone cordial / polite. Do NOT personally attack Members, or post RUDE messages. Thank you
Old 3rd July 2012, 18:55   #180
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for posting the pictures Manish! That is indeed my Thunderace.
I sold it back in December 2008 and it has changed a couple of hands since then. I'm guessing it should mechanically be in the same condition as when I sold it considering the odometer read a little over 16,000 kms when I parted with the Ace! A little bit of TLC and you should be gunning it on a Sunday morning.
The Thunderace has perfectly clean papers, and hopefully the current owner has a copy of all the papers I had handed over to Rahul back in 2008!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks