Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2017, 13:26   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I think it clearly mentions that the finance is through other 3rd parties like Banks and financial institutions, like I previously mentioned -

Attachment 1704212

Why don't you drop them a email and clarify your inquiries?

And just for your information, Bank of India's Superbike Loan has currently the lowest interest rates in India.

Cheers...
Yes - i got my Z900 loan at 8.9% for 5 years with BOI. No Prepayment penalty. Best deal in the market right now.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 19:49   #272
BHPian

I have a small query, Do insurance companies insure legally imported superbikes? Lets say, Yamaha R6?

If they do, Where does these bikes get repaired? Does Yamaha A.S.S. give repair estimate to insurance guys?
hgps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2018, 20:04   #273
Senior - BHPian

Firstly , I dont think Yamaha A.S.S will entertain you. If they do they will give a repair estimate to the surveyor. You would also need to provide original repair invoice and payment receipts. Rest Assure, it will be a very long and expensive process to have it repaired by the A.S.S if they decide to indulge.
Best bet, order parts yourself and find an independent garage. You could also try approaching Yamaha with the parts and they could charge you for labor and not the parts. Again, they would charge hefty.

Last edited by bigron : 20th September 2018 at 20:22.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 10:06   #274
BHPian

Re: How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India

Another insurance related query, don't know where to ask so posting here,

I came across a few bikes which were still on first owners name despite changing hands multiple times, that raised curiosity, how do these new owners who don't go for ownership transfer on RC, claim insurance in case things go wrong? Insurance company will simply reject the claim right? do they risk losing their bike just to save some moolah in transferring ownership?
Old 3rd June 2019, 12:09   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Another insurance related query, don't know where to ask so posting here,

I came across a few bikes which were still on first owners name despite changing hands multiple times, that raised curiosity, how do these new owners who don't go for ownership transfer on RC, claim insurance in case things go wrong? Insurance company will simply reject the claim right? do they risk losing their bike just to save some moolah in transferring ownership?
Insurance companies only care about matching name on insurance policy & RC. In the case something goes wrong - the claim will be raised in the system by the first owner - ofcourse he/she has to agree for it.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2019, 20:05   #276
BHPian

The Kawasaki dealership in Hyderabad is driving me nuts. I wanted to buy the Z900 in Grey (the red wheels were so good) for which I had gone to the showroom in March. They said that it was out of stock and that they don't know when the next batch is being delivered, fair enough. I made a few calls to Kawasaki support and I get to know that the next batch of Grey colour Z900s are being imported in June last week. I call the dealership back and tell them to contact me as soon as they get their hands on one.

Fast forward to the last week of June, and I go back to the dealership. They tell me that it is still not available but that it will be available by end of July. I tell them that I would like to definitely buy one. Paid the booking amount of Rs 1L on the 13th of this month, specifically for the Grey colour once they confirmed. No contact from either the agent or the Kawasaki office since then till yesterday. Even to get the receipt of the bopking amount I had to run behind them for days. Today, I called the head agent and he told me that it will not be available for another 2 months at least. He then tells me that he is willing to offer me a Rs 15k discount on the other colours.

It sucks doubly since I could have gotten Rs 42k worth of accessories if I had just bought the other colour in March when there was an offer running. I am not sure what to do now. Keep waiting, buy the different colour or just say screw Kawasaki with their disgusting practices and say goodbye to the booking amount.

Rant Over. Thank you.
RodRowdyBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 10:58   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRowdyBiker View Post
The Kawasaki dealership in Hyderabad.

Rant Over. Thank you.

Take your money back and go to another company or dealership who appreciates your business. High time people understood value of incoming business and respected its worth.
Old 24th October 2019, 12:24   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRowdyBiker View Post
I am not sure what to do now
You should just ask for a complete refund of the booking amount and look elsewhere. No point in giving business to such lousy dealers.
Old 7th November 2019, 09:14   #279
BHPian

Can you guys share good sources to import bike parts online? for third party consumables like EBC brake pads, vortex, DID chain sprocket etc. and also for OEM components like RR units, ignition coils, clutch plates etc?

I have only used aliexpress so far that too for non-mechanical parts only.
Old 7th November 2019, 09:51   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you guys share good sources to import bike parts online? for third party consumables like EBC brake pads, vortex, DID chain sprocket etc. and also for OEM components like RR units, ignition coils, clutch plates etc?

Motousher.com

Reliable and has a huge inventory. Over night shipping. I have bought parts from them.
Red Liner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 10:45   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Motousher is official India distributor for EBC and DID with very competitive pricing.

For other parts - you can look at partzilla and revzilla - but do keep in mind that with the Import duties now - it might be better to just buy locally
ethanhunt123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 12:36   #282
BANNED

Motousher.com, baycityspeedshop.com and bikegears.in are my trusted shops list, I don't allow any friends coming empty hand from their abroad trip.
Ajaybiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 12:14   #283
BHPian

Quote:
I have a small query, Do insurance companies insure legally imported superbikes? Lets say, Yamaha R6?

If they do, Where does these bikes get repaired? Does Yamaha A.S.S. give repair estimate to insurance guys?
They do insure legally imported bikes. But it's a bit of a process. You need to get the bike valued by an authorized surveyor and then get the bike insured.

Coming to a claim is where things become a bit of a nuisance. You will have to get an estimate from a third party garage. The surveyor will usually try to verify the cost of components online. So the process takes longer and will usually not be cashless.

Even then they can come up with some zingers. For my Honda CB600F, the surveyor claimed we had overinsured the bike because at that time the only other ~600cc bike available was the Ninja 650 and the comparable IDV on that was cheaper. So they would only acccept the comparable IDV. Took almost a year to sort out because I refused to compromise.
VellVector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 10:59   #284
Team-BHP Support

Which bikes around 300 - 400 / 600 / 750 [max and a Japanese] throw less tantrums with 91 RON fuel? I know, Honda is okay with it as long as fuel is clean.
Old 9th January 2020, 15:01   #285
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Which bikes around 300 - 400 / 600 / 750 [max and a Japanese] throw less tantrums with 91 RON fuel? I know, Honda is okay with it as long as fuel is clean.
Even Triumph is pretty ok with 91 RON fuel. Although I prefer sticking to Power 99 as much as possible but during longer outstation rides, normal 91 RON fuel works fine.

My friends who ride Street Triple(s) and Daytona(s) have similar experience with 91 RON fuel.

That said, the motorcycles feel best with a tankful of Power99. Not sure if it is just a placebo effect, but I feel that there is a genuine improvement in throttle response and feedback.

On Japanese motorcycles, I have heard mixed reviews about Kawasakis, specially Z800 and above, as far as feedback from normal fuel is concerned. The 650cc Kawas might be better though.

Last edited by //M : 9th January 2020 at 15:04.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks