Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 13:20   #31
BHPian

Update ?

Hi folks,

Any update about the "attack" :P in other cities (especially Delhi?)
I wanted to get the bike out to my mech, but the guy said in a very excited manner, not to move it around much, as it may not be a good time due to all the DRI actions happening.
So just wanted to check.

Cheers,
Jas.
Old 6th March 2009, 13:28   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmonu View Post
So just wanted to check.
Drop everything and try and find out whether your bike is clean.

Did you buy it from the same mechanic?
Old 6th March 2009, 15:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Drop everything and try and find out whether your bike is clean.

Did you buy it from the same mechanic?
No I didn't, and considering the nature of the guy I bought it from, and further getting to know the cons in the bike, I'm a bit worried now.

Since we're on this, can someone suggest what would be the quickest/easiest way of going about getting all the details on yr bike to ensure it's all clean?

Jas.
Old 7th March 2009, 10:41   #34
BHPian

Is this going to affect the participation of big bikes tomorrow at Torquenite?
Old 7th March 2009, 17:57   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
Is this going to affect the participation of big bikes tomorrow at Torquenite?
As if the continous change in the dates of the event is not reason enough.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 7th March 2009 at 18:00.
Old 8th April 2009, 21:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Its been quite sometime since all this happened. The bikes have not been released, they have not asked for any duties AFAIK. What do they really want then?
Old 8th April 2009, 21:30   #37
F50
Senior - BHPian

Oh its still going on? I do hear few bikes going up and down every night. I thought the scene must be over thats why these guys even thought of coming out. lol
Old 8th April 2009, 21:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

The people whos bikes didnt get confiscated have started riding again, and those whose bikes went under have no idea what to do. All the dealers have frozen everything including communication or obligations.
Old 8th April 2009, 22:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thats just not right. If bikes are confiscated, its only appropriate that the owners are notified of the expenses associated with the bike's release.
Guess the idea is to torment the owners, getting them down on their knees and finally agreeing to what ever numbers are thrown their way!
Old 9th April 2009, 04:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Thats just not right. If bikes are confiscated, its only appropriate that the owners are notified of the expenses associated with the bike's release.
Guess the idea is to torment the owners, getting them down on their knees and finally agreeing to what ever numbers are thrown their way!
The friends of mine are not playing hardball. They are sitting and waiting for them to approach.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:30   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A little birdie tells me that Yamaha & Honda India *instigated* (there I go again) the recent DRI raids. It's obvious why.

And yes, the little birdie is an industry source.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

I think it is good drive because what the dealers and agents are doing is illegal and it is about time they be caught which is why folks like GTO, myself and others bought cars from reputed dealers (company showrooms or reputed clean importers). These dealer are cheating everyone and some buyers still buy knowing this.

It is unfortunate that some members out here may be stuck in this, I think like Sushmita Sen all owners who have been cheated or landed with suspect cars/bikes should get the dealers and customs agents involved arrested or make them co-parties.

For a change I hope this results in consumer's joint efforts/to form a counter lobby to do away with high duties which is what needs to be fixed and not shortcuts which we are famous for . This sunday's paper also has an article on the same.

Last edited by canonball : 9th April 2009 at 12:54.
Old 9th April 2009, 13:27   #43
Senior - BHPian

Then there are guys that are hiding their bikes yet telling everyone that the bikes were picked up. I fail to see what this accomplishes. They are not fooling anyone but themselves. Their bikes will be picked up sooner or later. They just won't be able to ride in peace ever again.

Anyway, ther DRI does not have place to keep anymore bikes with them so now they are seizing bikes in buildings itself.
Old 9th April 2009, 16:57   #44
BHPian

its sad! just hope it goes all the way and the dealers and customs people are punished too. instead of just the end user. And i hope they clear out all of this so that fellow bikers can live in peace. But its really sad to see such an unorganized department that hasn't even communicated to the poor guys whose bikes have been taken.

I really wish duties come down man!
Old 9th April 2009, 17:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Then there are guys that are hiding their bikes yet telling everyone that the bikes were picked up. I fail to see what this accomplishes. They are not fooling anyone but themselves. Their bikes will be picked up sooner or later. They just won't be able to ride in peace ever again.

Anyway, ther DRI does not have place to keep anymore bikes with them so now they are seizing bikes in buildings itself.
You got to be kidding. What can they accomplish by telling everyone their bike is seized?

And how does the DRI seize a bike in the building. The old White cloth on the lock with red wax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
its sad! just hope it goes all the way and the dealers and customs people are punished too.
I really wish duties come down man!
Fat chance that the Customs guys will pay for all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A little birdie tells me that Yamaha & Honda India *instigated* (there I go again) the recent DRI raids. It's obvious why.

And yes, the little birdie is an industry source.
I am not surprised. Well I hope Yamaha and Honda can also lobby to bring the damm duties down.

Hell can someone tell me why they cannot just make these machines here and export em out to Europe etc?

These two solutions will eradicate this customs racket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks