Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2013, 16:39   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.

First proper pictures of Bonnie in Bangalore - Taken by the Insurance Surveyor to get the Comp Insurance for the bike. This was just before my ride to the Yeshwanthpur RTO.

Progress at RTO's as on date - awaiting clearance from Mumbai Customs. Hopefully that is the final step.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc08778.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc08779a.jpg  

Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-dsc08782a.jpg  

r_nairtvm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 18:23   #137
Senior - BHPian

She would compliment your RD real nicely! Love the classic lines.
Old 5th July 2013, 18:58   #138
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Lovely clean bike man! Congrats on getting her in peacefully!!
Old 13th July 2013, 13:45   #139
Senior - BHPian

Hope its ok that to get insurance rear view mirrors are not needed? Just make sure.

Looking lovely.
Old 13th July 2013, 17:25   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hope its ok that to get insurance rear view mirrors are not needed? Just make sure.

Looking lovely.
Insurance guys are least bothered about the RVM (I am one you remember). I have got the Insurance Policy already from New India.

I had forgotten to fix them back after removing them for the shipment. I was afraid of RTO. But they didn't make a fuss either. They asked me if I have the mirrors, I told them yes and showed them a picture of the bike in the mobile phone. They just told me to fix them before I take them out on the road regularly, that is all.

I am told that Registration is in its last stages, Model Approval from the Transport Commissioner is almost ready and so is the Customs NOC. I am hoping to get the number next week (still keeping all my fingers crossed )

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 13th July 2013 at 17:27.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 08:57   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I am told that Registration is in its last stages, Model Approval from the Transport Commissioner is almost ready and so is the Customs NOC. I am hoping to get the number next week (still keeping all my fingers crossed )

Ram
Ram Sir,
Would you want to put in details on the Shrini78 thread on the complete process? Looks like so far you have had some good run with government officials.

Also what is the latest status? Did you get the number from RTO?
Old 29th July 2013, 15:30   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Ram Sir,
Would you want to put in details on the Shrini78 thread on the complete process?
Yes Mahesh, I will put the details in Shrini's thread, once all things are done and dusted.

The delivery on deadline of last Friday, did not happen, as I said my fingers are still crossed. No response from Mumbai Customs is the given reason.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 6th September 2013, 10:55   #143
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Ram,

What grade of petrol do you use now that the bike is in India? Can you use the normal petrol in India? I wonder if the India specific bike will run on normal petrol or will need the super unleaded petrol?

Cheers

KPS
Old 6th September 2013, 13:55   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Hi Ram,

What grade of petrol do you use now that the bike is in India? Can you use the normal petrol in India? I wonder if the India specific bike will run on normal petrol or will need the super unleaded petrol?

Cheers

KPS
KPS,

I am attaching the scan of the Fuel Spec of the Bonneville, from the Owners Manual
Triumph Bonneville - My New Ride in Dubai. EDIT - Now in Bangalore, India.-bonne-fuel-spec.jpg

I believe in most of the major cities and towns in India - 91 Ron grade is available. In Bangalore at least I have found Unleaded (which I believe to be of 91 Ron) readily available. Also I seem to have read somewhere that 91 Ron is standard now in India (?)

To be honest the bike is still awaiting Registration, as RTO is still waiting for an affirmative letter from Mumbai Customs and hence, I haven't had the need to fuel it either except the full tank I filled at the time of taking it to the RTO (July beginning)

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 6th September 2013 at 13:56.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 14:30   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I believe in most of the major cities and towns in India - 91 Ron grade is available. In Bangalore at least I have found Unleaded (which I believe to be of 91 Ron) readily available. Also I seem to have read somewhere that 91 Ron is standard now in India (?)
Yes sir. As per below links from the IOCL website, BS-III and BS-IV gasoline fuels are a minimum of 91 octane.

http://www.iocl.com/Products/GasolineSpecifications.pdf

http://www.iocl.com/Products/MS_BS_I...0_Current_.pdf

Premium fuels also have the same octane number (91) but contain additives for better performance.

95 and 97 octane fuels are available where BS-IV fuels are sold. I'm not sure if 95 octane is available anymore but 97 octane is sold in select few Bharat Petroleum bunks in Blore.
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 11:58   #146
Senior - BHPian

New Hights of Practicing the Art of Patience

In other words - Trying to Register an imported Vehicle in Bangalore !!!

As I had posted the Vehicle inspection was done on 4th July 2013.

Since then every step has been a painful exercise of practicing the art of patience - to say the least.

First, it was awaiting the reconfirmation letter from Mumbai Customs - it took - two moths and the letter finaly came on 30th september almost 3 months after the inspection (thanks to all those guys, who had managed to register 40 odd grey imports and the DRI enquiry resulting in nearly 20 RTO employees on suspension).

Then it was for Model Approval from the Transoport Commissioner - this was done in two weeks - by the goinng standards it was super fast and I was really surprised as by then I was ready for another two monts wait.

Latest:

The Vehicle Data Base of Karnataka RTO does not have a Triumph Bonniville listed in their drop-down menu. So this has to be inserted by the NIC team which maintains the data base.

So another long wait

But what I don't understand is how can things be different in each RTO

Have a look at the following

http://164.100.80.164/vow/

The KA 04 RTO has Triump Tiger & Triumph UK listed as "Manufacturers" with Triumph Tiger 1050 and Triumph Rocket III Roadster & Triumph Thunder Bird respectively listed as models

The KA 51 RTO has Triumph Pvt Ltd listed as Manufacturer with Triumph Scrambler listed as Model

The KR Puram RTO has smething other

So does this mean that the Data base is not maintained centrally as claimed. I fail to understand and I can only say God Save Our Country - if these are the standards maintained by an institution like NIC.

At this stage - only thing I know is that I am on a long and indefinite wait.

May be its for the good so that I can get re-oriented to the pains of living in my country as I am soon to be here for good !!!

Not that where I have been living is a bed of roses - where you have other kinds of pains like descrimination etc, but SLAs from various governmental agencies are rather good and definitive.

Some Day I shall Ride My Bonnie in India !!!

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 7th November 2013 at 12:01.
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 12:15   #147
Senior - BHPian

Got the Bike Registered in Bangalore, India - Finally.

Just to update.

I finaly got the registration done. The Registration card was delivered at my house today by Speed Post.

Now I need to get to Bangalore to take her out for her 1st real spin in the city.

The final lap in the process was concluded with the tremendous help from the contacts provided by two BHPians - Srini (Harley imported from USA) and Lucky13 (Fatboy Build Off).

Thanks Bros !!!

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 20:26   #148
BHPian

Congrats Ram on clearing the Final Hurdle.
So soon its going to be Riding Time......

Is your other 'intimate' twin also going to join the stable in Bangalore?
Old 23rd November 2013, 21:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Is your other 'intimate' twin also going to join the stable in Bangalore?
Thanks Haroon!

At the moment there are no plans to bring the "other" twin to B'lore - hey its not the "other intimate twin", but, the "first intimate twin" - Bonnie would be theoretically the third

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 23rd November 2013, 22:09   #150
BHPian

Ram, congratulations on completing the tedious process. Quick question for you: How do you plan on getting the bike serviced in Bangalore? and how do you plan on getting any repairs done? What about spares and consumables?

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks