Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 11:10   #46
BHPian

Re: Xuv vs innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So going by that logic wouldn't the Xylo's running as Taxi's also come to the same service centre as the XUVs? Or from another angle wouldn't you feel proud sharing the same service centre with a LandCruiser owner?

Your views are respected and appreciated. Both the XUV and the Innova are great cars and have there own merits and demerits. I am just saying that the statement you made regarding rubbing shoulders with Taxi drivers is not true TD of both the cars? Time for an update on your decision making process.
For the XUV, they have created exclusive workshops (atleast Koncept Mahindra have) where only Scorps and XUVs are serviced. When the XUV numbers go up, they plan to move even the Scorps out and make these workshops entirely exclusive to the XUV. So no rubbing shoulders with taxiwallas - unless they are running XUVs with yellow plates

I have been to one last weekend, and, like I said earlier, you do feel like you came in with a premium vehicle...
Old 10th January 2012, 11:35   #47
BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Toyota Innova vs Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
XUZ looks brilliant and is feature loaded no doubt, but I have been hearing the horror stories about the car from my friends.
One's turning head laps never came back to the default position after turning. Another's OS keeps crashing and the last one's electricals have failed twice now.

Mahindra seems to have used everything from China's low cost market thus everything is just falling apart and the A.S.S. is having a hard time dealing with the problems. If only they would have had tested the car properly before launching.
Typical Indian mentality, "Abhi kar dete hain launch, baki baad mein dekhenge" (Lets launch it now, we'll look into whichever issues arise later).
Thrash talk. 'Everything falling apart that the *** cant handle it' ???. Quote an example will you.
Old 10th January 2012, 11:47   #48
BHPian

I ve test driven the Xuv. The Innova I ve been in and driven several times.
The Innova is more comfortable.
Xuv brilliant engine, 6 speed gb and great handling (lotus tuned).
I am tilting towards the Innova based on comfort and reliability, pacifying myself that I already have a decent fast car( corolla minor mods).
I ve been in Innova captain seats just once in Genisis's Innova don't remember much. Are the seats the same as the fronts with an armrest ?
Old 10th January 2012, 11:47   #49
BHPian

Re: Xuv vs innova

Quote:
So going by that logic wouldn't the Xylo's running as Taxi's also come to the same service centre as the XUVs? Or from another angle wouldn't you feel proud sharing the same service centre with a LandCruiser owner?
Am told that the M&M has ordered all the dealerships to have a separate service stations for Scorpios and XUVs, these being a premium offerings from the manufacturer so far.

One of the A.S.S that I visit for my scorpio are already following this. Earlier they used to charge 200/- for pick-up and drop the vehicle, but now this also is made free.
2500cc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 12:01   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
I ve been in Innova captain seats just once in Genisis's Innova don't remember much. Are the seats the same as the fronts with an armrest ?
Yes they are the same with there individual handrests. But are you planning to go for the captain seats variant? I personally feel that the 8 seater offers you more advantages in terms of utility of the space.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:37   #51
Senior - BHPian

XUV - Stylish, pleasing to drive (especially on highways), gizmos
Innova - Comparatively more comfy, reliable, finish is better, 7 easily occupied

Its a purely personal decision depending on your needs.

Another thing is, which I have said in another selection process, between the heart and mind, go with your heart. With your mind, you will get a zero niggles car, but its your driving happiness which will matter at the end. I dont think we need to go through the "one life, live only once" thingy
Old 10th January 2012, 12:44   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes paras. The same.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 12:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I personally feel that the 8 seater offers you more advantages in terms of utility of the space.
I would disagree here. I feel that in a 7 seater version, an adult can sit comfortably in last row whereas in 8 seater version, last row is best left for kids/teenagers.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:28   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I would disagree here. I feel that in a 7 seater version, an adult can sit comfortably in last row whereas in 8 seater version, last row is best left for kids/teenagers.
Not sure since I haven't traveled much on the 7 seater version. I have the 8 seater version and have sat on the back seat many times. So have my dad and mom and other relatives and hence my comments.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:39   #55
BHPian

While I feel the XUV500 is a much more superior product overall, based on what you stated as your requirements, and also considering that you've owned, and have been extremely satisfied with 2 other Toyota's, I'd recommend you go for the Innova.

It's more comfortable, quite stable and easy to drive, is extremely reliable and easy to maintain due to Toyota's excellent A.S.S.

An excellent simple work-horse.

If you really want the fancy features however, you may as well go for the XUV. The mechanicals are solid and reliable, but the electronics will give you issues.
Old 10th January 2012, 20:17   #56
BHPian

We have been using INNOVA for 6 years and have now bought the XUV W8. It was after a lot of deliberation that we could manage to convince ourselves to give up on Toyota after owning Qualis and later Innova for 9 long years !
However, honestly, Toyota seems to have fallen behind the times with it's Innova, what with an underpowered engine and sparse equipment list. While the reliability issues may not be happening with regards to Engine in XUV and so it would be fairly at par with Innova in this regard, the concerns regarding the reliability of huge equipment lists cannot be shrugged off.
Nevertheless, moving with the times, I think it makes sense to go for XUV for a smooth Engine & powerful engine (NVH levels much better than that of INNOVA), long equipment list, robust built quality, more than average looks and an overtly concerned *** deptt out to not dissappoint the buyers..
RickyC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 01:27   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am tilting towards the Innova based on comfort and reliability, pacifying myself that I already have a decent fast car( corolla minor mods).
I own an Innova VX and have enjoyed every minute in it for the last two years. Yes, the car is less zippy compared to say an XUV but on long drives I am unsure if it is any slower. On our last trip from bangalore to hyderabad, we covered 500 kms in 4:45 hrs. Thats not exactly slow.

For your safety concerns - see this link on how well the Innova held up even in case of a side impact http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...eturned-5.html

My only recommendation on the Innova would be wider (225/60R15) tires that you can swap on day one and that improves the road grip tremendously.

The longest non stop drive we did in our Innova was 1220 kms from Thekkady to Hyderbad - a testimony to how easy to drive and fatigue free this vehicle is.

Toyota service is superb, they really treat you like they care. The XUV gives you a more macho look and maybe a drag race win at the lights. But it does not seat 7 in comfort and I will be very surprised if it matches the Toyota reliability.

This is my review on the Innova. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...l#post21128144

If I were to make a purchase decision today, it would be the same.

Good luck with your decision!
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 01:31   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Yes paras. The same.
No they are not same, they have slightly less thigh support. But supremely comfortable nonetheless.
Old 12th January 2012, 02:10   #59
Senior - BHPian

XUV is an excellent product but I think it will take some time to establish itself as a zero problem car. First six months would be enough I guess. On other hand Innova is too simple and old.

You have used Toyota for a long time looking that for a change you should go for another company. XUV will give you a fresh feel. If I was at your place I would go for XUV but wait for another 3-4 months before buying it.
Old 12th January 2012, 19:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

It all boils down to whether
. You need excitement in life - good looks, good engine and the works. But constant niggles, occasional surprises and at time an indifferent A.S.S.
or
. Boring drive, sans any excitement as every thing works and there are no surprises sprung on you at random intervals.

It is a choice between excitement and peace of mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks