Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Pajero Sports 4*4 Manual OR Pajero Sports AT (2*4)
Auto Transmission 2*4 17 36.17%
Manual Transmission 4*4 30 63.83%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 10:52   #76
BHPian

Re: Pajero Sport or Fortuner AT? Does Rexton deserve a look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
While Mitsubishi service stations might be few and far between, I m yet to meet an unhappy Mitsu owner, TBHP or elsewhere.
I will digress at the above statement, I have met my fair share of disgruntled Mitsu customers and I have seen the state of affairs of their Delhi dealers and also the one near Karnal ( Haryana). I do not want to be treated like that after spending the monies they ask for their products.

And since you mention unhappy Mitsu owners on Team BHP, I can assure you there are many. For a start here is Harbir from Delhi, he has a whole thread on the sorry state of affairs of the service personnel. And although I haven't personally met Harbir or know him, I have read a lot of his posts and find his complaints reasonable and resonate the same sentiment to that of my acquaintances.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ces-delhi.html
Old 16th April 2013, 11:51   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
For a start here is Harbir from Delhi, he has a whole thread on the sorry state of affairs of the service personnel.
Well, I too can point you to Mitsu owners on TBHP who are happy. Daebis, who owns a Pajero Sport somewhere in Punjab, Traveler who owns an SFX in PB/HR and who has taken it to multiple rallies and events and a couple of more people whose names I cannot recollect.

There are many happy Mitsu owners at Bangalore as well.

Further, the experience that an owner usually gets from his ASC also depends on the kind of rapport he/she builds with his service staff.

To add to it, ASCs are not consistent across the country for any brand. What might be a bad ASC at the NCR could be a very good one at Bangalore and hence, if I buy a vehicle at Bangalore, I would pay more attention to what my local ASC is like, since this is the place I would visit most often.

Also, for a vehicle like the Pajero, or even the Fortuner for that matter, which are inherently low key, low maintenance, reliable vehicles which only need routine services for years on end, I would not buy a vehicle I do not like if its ASCs are not uniform in their behavior.

Lastly, Mitsubishi has all but broken its ties with HM and will soon come out with its own dealerships and ASCs across the country, and things to me, only look better in the future.

OT: Why did I not buy the Pajero Sport? Its middle seat width did not suit my requirements.
Old 16th April 2013, 12:18   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, I too can point you to Mitsu owners on TBHP who are happy. Daebis, who owns a Pajero Sport somewhere in Punjab, Traveler who owns an SFX in PB/HR and who has taken it to multiple rallies and events and a couple of more people whose names I cannot recollect.
Oh boy which world do you live in!! Mitsubishi service is totally rubbish. The company in India is in shambles with no clear roadmap, and few dealers. Do you know why Mitsu owners are happy? Because the vehicle is so darn good. all you need is regular service.
However, if you have accidental damage, then you are on your own. Some critical part needs sourcing, expect being without vehicle for a month as they try to source.
Sure, with the old pajero, the grey market, esp in North India is well equipped to service vehicles, so you do not have to bother with the A.S.S. at all.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 12:21   #79
BHPian

Quote:
While Mitsubishi service stations might be few and far between, I m yet to meet an unhappy Mitsu owner, TBHP or elsewhere.

Quote:
Well, I too can point you to Mitsu owners on TBHP who are happy.
You seem to misunderstand, I am not opining that all Mitsu customers are unhappy, but as you said you are yet to meet an unhappy Mitsu customer, I on the other hand have yet to meet a happy one, well not happy but content.

I had the Lancer till 2003 and I was quite happy with the product and the service was OK too, but this was in Mumbai. In North the story is different. You are right though it should only matter where you live and check out the SC's in those areas.

Regarding Mitsu breaking up form HM and what the future holds, well we will have to wait and watch, but for someone who is spending on a Pajero Sport today with the hope that in the future that things will become rosy, that is not an intelligent thing to do and is a gamble in my opinion.
Old 16th April 2013, 12:31   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Oh boy which world do you live in!! Mitsubishi service is totally rubbish. The company in India is in shambles with no clear roadmap, and few dealers. Do you know why Mitsu owners are happy? Because the vehicle is so darn good.
Quote:
Also, for a vehicle like the Pajero, or even the Fortuner for that matter, which are inherently low key, low maintenance, reliable vehicles which only need routine services for years on end, I would not buy a vehicle I do not like if its ASCs are not uniform in their behavior.
I made that point in my post quoted above Tanveer. And yes, I know for a fact that the Mitsu dealer at Bangalore, is a good ASC, and hence can safely say that not all ASCs are alike.
Old 16th April 2013, 15:50   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A Toyota used to be A Toyota. No more. If you look at the global automotive scene, Toyota has had its share of recalls, faults and issues with its vehicles.

However, in India, Toyota is blatantly milking its customers in the name of its reputation. I m yet to see a decently maintained Maruti or a Hyundai, or a Mahindra or a Ford broken down on the road even after 10 years of sustained use and hence I do not consider Toyota a God.
Well said. Toyota ceased to be a God long back internationally. Others have caught up. Look at Toyota line-up in India. Except, Fortuner, no other car evokes any passion. Rest all Toyotas look very bland and boring. I would rate Honda above Toyota.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2013, 10:19   #82
BHPian

If given options, I will choose Fortuner any day with those little issues, because, the pluses weigh high, esp in Indian context : Reliability/Resale value/Snob value/ FE / road presence. Hoping that the ride got better recently with their tweekings, break issue sorted out, I will plonk 25l on a Toyota rather than in a Mitsu or Hyundai. Fortuner is a nicely balanced offering with phenominal reliability backed up with superior Service support. It ticks most of the critical points, again critical in Indian context.
Looking at the upcoming launches, the other promising offering will be the new Santa Fe, but not sure, whether we get 7 or 5 seater. Of couse, Hyundai will price at least a lakh more than the current price, which renders it not VFM. Even TFort gets upgraded, in one or two years time, anything with Oval T in front commands premium in used car market.

I would say just go for it. You will never regret it! I own a Prado 150 2012 and I can vouch for a Toyota.
Old 17th April 2013, 10:33   #83
Senior - BHPian

Reliability and pan India support is something that is critical to buying SUV, as one intends to take them to remote places. Otherwise sedans are much more comfortable when it comes to highway-high speed driving.

This is one area were i am concerned about buying Rexton, i assumed as its from Mahindra it would have similar support network availability as XUV or Scorpio, looks like that assumption was proved invalid in the Rexton Turbo failure thread.
Old 18th April 2013, 20:50   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT: Why not another Scorpio if you have been a satisfied Scorpio owner? The VLX 4WD is now a decent beast to own.
Hi Dev, Sorry missed the query earlier? I am not looking at Scorpio again as I know what all I had to change/replace and the time/effort I had spent with the A.S.C, not speaking about the cost with two Scorpio's!

I do not feel bad, just that I am looking for more 'quality' and less 'niggles' than what I have experienced earlier.

XUV- I do not like the front styling and might not adjust to that even after some time(if I buy that!) and the quality niggles are way too many to bother.

Rexton- Good vehicle, however M&M A.S.C and lack of experience in managing high end customers might be a challenge(as I foresee!). Also, for me the third row has to be practical for my children, which I guess Rexton fails.
Old 15th May 2013, 17:22   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Pajero-Sport is no more a great option in today's choices, my 2 cents only.
Reasons please!
I find the Pajero to be a great option in todays market, Fortuner is like a 25 lakh Alto, almost everyone has it and it has nothing over and above the Pajero Sport, (except looks maybe!) does it?
At least the Pajero Sport has a superior ride and handling package.
And its actually very difficult to convince yourself to buy a Fortuner once you've driven the Pajero Sport, I know because I have driven both, and found the Pajero Sport to be far superior!

PS- I don't mean to offend Fortuner owners, its a very capable SUV indeed, a lot of my friends are very happy with it and I too love the looks of the new Fortuner.
Old 15th May 2013, 19:28   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reasons please!
Hi 599gto,

I have driven a new Pajero Sport last when I was in India, which my cousin purchased a month back then. The ride quality is good- no doubt.

The looks- very horrible, will not work for me. Also, having experience with Mitsubhishi car ownership in the family and their A.S.C. support, I will NEVER plonk my money with them.

You might be little strong in your statement when you said T Fort is a 25 lac Alto

Looks also does matter with quality and reliability in the long run - T Fort wins here hands down!

Last edited by getsurya : 15th May 2013 at 19:29.
Old 18th May 2013, 12:02   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi 599gto,

I have driven a new Pajero Sport last when I was in India, which my cousin purchased a month back then. The ride quality is good- no doubt.

The looks- very horrible, will not work for me. Also, having experience with Mitsubhishi car ownership in the family and their A.S.C. support, I will NEVER plonk my money with them.

You might be little strong in your statement when you said T Fort is a 25 lac Alto

Looks also does matter with quality and reliability in the long run - T Fort wins here hands down!
The ride is not just good, its way better than the Fortuner, so is the handling and so is the braking ability.

About the looks, I am not a fan too, but it isn't horrible looking, but then looks are subjective.

About my statement on the Fortuner, I did not mean to offend Fortuner owners and fans, ive driven the vehicle and know people who take pride in owning one. All I meant was that it lacks exclusivity and most people buy it just because they can afford one.
Nevertheless, the Fortuner is one hell of a looker!

About reliability, Mitsubishis are pretty reliable but all hell breaks lose when you need to visit a service centre for more than a routine service. Very few service centres are keeping me from buying the Pajero Sport, the closes it around 400 kms away! While Toyota has 4-5 in the 200 km radius.

Last edited by 599gto : 18th May 2013 at 12:07.
599gto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 18:21   #88
Team-BHP Support

I saw your post in Daebis thread. I would suggest you may go ahead with your purchase. After spending some time with both, can confidently say that save for Toyota's ASC (often repeated) the presence & capability (of the ASC) the Mitsubishi, almost everywhere else has an edge, at least in my books.

Has everything better, ride, handling. Despite smaller by 500cc, its on equal ground as far as engine punch goes. I would go for it.

Ladder on frame, nothing compares with the Pajero, period.
Old 20th May 2013, 20:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ladder on frame, nothing compares with the Pajero, period.
Hi Sheel,

Agree! However, having had a Mitsubishi product earlier within the family, I am not at all comfortable owning one more by paying hard earned monies to them, for their sick service attitude.

One is the A.S.C which Toyota has an edge and couple that with resale value the TFort commands!
Old 20th May 2013, 21:22   #90
Senior - BHPian

I was blown over by the Rexton AT. Do TD this version. The Merc lineage and technology shows and how. It's pretty good in off-road situations too, especially on sand and slush.
It's a pity that a butcher like M&M are handling this brilliant product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks