Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Pajero Sports 4*4 Manual OR Pajero Sports AT (2*4)
Auto Transmission 2*4 17 36.17%
Manual Transmission 4*4 30 63.83%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:05   #136
BHPian

Re: Pajero Sport or Fortuner AT? Does Rexton deserve a look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
As an update, the Pajero Sport AT came home last evening. Went in for a Deep Mica Blue shade over the white. It was a different kind of buying experience for me with the Mitsubishi dealer ! The quick 2 line summary, i had to wait for 2 weeks since the ARAI certificate provided by HM was yet to be registered with the TN RTO, to enable new car registrations.
Cool, Congrats @vinay_ss on the new Pajero AT. May it provide you with years or fun drives. A good way to bring in a new year 2015! The color is nice, not sure why most folks end up getting a white SUV (Fortuner, Pajero Sport)
asinghal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2015, 13:21   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Pajero Sport or Fortuner AT? Does Rexton deserve a look?

Congratulations on your new ride. The blue looks absolutely amazing. I think this is the first Pajero that I have seen in this colour. But honestly from personal experience, blue turns out to be even more difficult to maintain than Black. With such a large body surface area, you will have a tough time to maintain it.
Waiting for your ownership report.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 13:06   #138
BHPian

Pajero sports automatic or Fortuner 2015 AT

With the launch of Pajero Sports AT end of last year and recent upgrade of Fortuner 2015 i wanted some views on pros and cons between the 2.
I have read the other posts on this and the summary seems to be -

Pajero sports is preferred by driving enthusiasts who love the brand. The dealer networks and spares are a key concern.

Fortuner is less a pleasure to drive but hassle free ownership.

I had test driven both vehicles last year and found Fortuner wanting in the interiors and brake areas while i missed the AT in Pajero
With the new launches of both, Fortuner all black interior seems very good, brake continues to be an issue. Pajero sports AT has been sorted.

The dilemma continues for this reason. Wanted to know from fellow BHPians any other pro and cons before i chose between these.

My usage will be 90 Kms everyday with 50 in highway. No offroading. But weekend trips with 5-6 people on average small town roads (again don't plan any off-roading)

Thanks
Old 8th January 2015, 22:57   #139
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pajero sports automatic or Fortuner 2015 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden123 View Post
The dilemma continues for this reason. Wanted to know from fellow BHPians any other pro and cons before i chose between these.

My usage will be 90 Kms everyday with 50 in highway. No offroading. But weekend trips with 5-6 people on average small town roads (again don't plan any off-roading)

Thanks
My colleague bought one this year. Awesome deal. 24.5lac OTR for RX7. Beat that.
Old 9th January 2015, 17:14   #140
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pajero sports automatic or Fortuner 2015 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden123 View Post
With the launch of Pajero Sports AT end of last year and recent upgrade of Fortuner 2015 i wanted some views on pros and cons between the 2.
I have read the other posts on this and the summary seems to be -

Pajero sports is preferred by driving enthusiasts who love the brand. The dealer networks and spares are a key concern.

Fortuner is less a pleasure to drive but hassle free ownership.

I had test driven both vehicles last year and found Fortuner wanting in the interiors and brake areas while i missed the AT in Pajero
With the new launches of both, Fortuner all black interior seems very good, brake continues to be an issue. Pajero sports AT has been sorted.

Thanks
FWIW, I was in the same dilemma and chose Fortuner (booked the 2015 AT 4x4) for two reasons
  1. I love the looks of Pajero and its ride better than Fortuner but I am concerned about Mitsubishi's viablity in India and have no desire to spend any time worrying about the possible service issues. I want peace of mind. The black upholstery (mix of real and synthetic leather) is really refreshing. Remember, black interiors are available only in the top end models i.e. 3.0L 4x4 MT and AT.
  2. I love AT and I wouldn't buy any vehicle with Manual Transmission considering the traffic that we have to deal with these days in Bangalore. I somehow consoled myself to buy a 4x2 SUV as there was no 4x4 AT but now with the launch of 4x4 AT in Fortuner, that problem was solved. For the record I have a Scorpio AT 4x4 for last 5 years and I have never gone off-roading so it makes no objective sense for me to buy a 4x4 vehicle. I just wanted it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks