Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which medium-size MPV would you choose?
Honda Mobilio 111 23.37%
Maruti Ertiga 364 76.63%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 15:02   #166
BHPian

Re: Honda Mobilio vs Maruti Ertiga

Hi All,

I have bought my carnelian red pearl Mobilio i-Dtec S after much persuasion and at least 5 test drives of Ertiga. Although Ertiga was one lakh cheaper than S model of mobilio but the performance of Air-conditioner and the acceleration was not up-to the expectation. Tried to convince myself a lot but somehow the brand value, maintenance cost, driving pleasure, air-conditioner performance in peak June summers was not acceptable at all. Will post complete ten thousand Kilometres update soon
Old 20th November 2015, 01:01   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
Hi All,

I have bought my carnelian red pearl Mobilio i-Dtec S after much persuasion and at least 5 test drives of Ertiga. Although Ertiga was one lakh cheaper than S model of mobilio but the performance of Air-conditioner and the acceleration was not up-to the expectation. Tried to convince myself a lot but somehow the brand value, maintenance cost, driving pleasure, air-conditioner performance in peak June summers was not acceptable at all. Will post complete ten thousand Kilometres update soon

Congratulations!! Good choice of car and dashing colour. Enjoy the new drive.
andydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2015, 16:43   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydude View Post
Congratulations!! Good choice of car and dashing colour. Enjoy the new drive.
thanks mate. the car is actually great to drive and has an awesome mileage. It gives me 21-22 KMPL on my daily runs. I know that we have die-hard brand ambassadors here who would swear by the name of Maruti and would do anything anytime anyday to prove that Maruti is way better than Honda in all terms. Was reading in another forum about the strategy of Honda. They have declared that they are concentrating solely on Quality products. I know that with this statement of mine, Honda bashers would come in full force on me mentioning that the seats are thin/dashboard looks pathetic etc. But in my opinion, these are just individual opinions and excuses to prove Maruti right. I would concentrate on the road and enjoy the drive rather than concentrating on the dashboard layout. Seats are perfect for my use and i do not feel any issue with them. Mass market products are not honda's priority. Rightly said by them. They are very true to their words. Where else in the world do we find a product as powerful (100 BHP-1500 CC engine, 210 NM of torque at 3500 RPM) delivering an ARAI certified mileage of 24.5 Kilometres to a litre and actual onroad figures mentioned above. An open challenge to the Ertigas running on the road.
Old 10th December 2015, 17:33   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su1978 View Post
thanks mate. the car is actually great to drive and has an awesome mileage. It gives me 21-22 KMPL on my daily runs. I know that we have die-hard brand ambassadors here who would swear by the name of Maruti and would do anything anytime anyday to prove that Maruti is way better than Honda in all terms. Was reading in another forum about the strategy of Honda. They have declared that they are concentrating solely on Quality products. I know that with this statement of mine, Honda bashers would come in full force on me mentioning that the seats are thin/dashboard looks pathetic etc. But in my opinion, these are just individual opinions and excuses to prove Maruti right. I would concentrate on the road and enjoy the drive rather than concentrating on the dashboard layout. Seats are perfect for my use and i do not feel any issue with them. Mass market products are not honda's priority. Rightly said by them. They are very true to their words. Where else in the world do we find a product as powerful (100 BHP-1500 CC engine, 210 NM of torque at 3500 RPM) delivering an ARAI certified mileage of 24.5 Kilometres to a litre and actual onroad figures mentioned above. An open challenge to the Ertigas running on the road.
I second your opinion & agree with the mileage figures. Owing Mobilio I-Dtec, i have completed one year with 22k on the Odo & have done several long journey's without any issues. Mobilio handles brilliantly with high ground clearance & there are no rattling issues, even on Bangalore roads. . There is always that extra pleasure when fuel efficiency is 20+ which makes Mobilio more desirable for me.
maximus. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 21:24   #170

Greetings BHPians, I need your advise on this....

I was planning to purchase a 2021 WagonR (my first vehicle) and paid the initial booking amount. Unfortunately, the ongoing pandemic put a spanner in the works and I'm still waiting for the desired model and color.

Since I didn't want to wait too long, I started looking out for preowned cars and chanced upon a 2017 Honda Mobilio V (Optional) Diesel. The dealer claims it has 50k on the odometer. He is asking for 5.5L for the car (I've not had a TD yet). I wanted to know your opinion before I go and check the vehicle.

P.S : From what I have read about the Mobilio i-Dtec, the engine is awesome and makes up for most of the other minuses (body rattles, wear and tear, etc.).
Old 7th October 2021, 18:32   #171

I have a used 2015 mobilio ivtec manual that i purchased in 2019. the vehicle had 28k on the odo when i purchased it and now has 45k on the odo. I purchased it for 5.2l in 2019. and this is my review.

pros:
- its a very spacious car. Especially if you take the one with the sliding middle row. You can even fit an adult.
- shares most of the parts with the BRV and the Amaze lineup. So if you are hands-on, you always have parts.
- the engine is peppy and the ride is confident even after 45k kms.
- the maintenance is light on the pocket if you know a good mechanic.

Cons:
- the brv is an option to seriously consider if you can stretch the budget or if you can find one in your budget. it feels luxurious in comparison and also sits a little higher, gets larger wheels.
- the seats are not the most absolutely comfortable ones in the market.
- at 50k kms, please check the clutch, the suspension as they seem to wear out at that interval.

but if you are hands-on, you can DIY it all as you go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks