Team-BHP > What Car? > SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 20:43   #91
BHPian

Re: Maruti: Vitara Brezza vs S-Cross

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
Hey 5kmiles, did you feel the 1.3 does well in terms of pulling power when the car is loaded as compared to the 1.6?
Also what RPMs does the 1.3 do at 120Kmph?
Thanks.
1.3 pulls like a swift post 2krpm. it does struggle a bit under 2.5k rpm on tight overtakes post 70kmph. Remap has solved the problem to a great extent. 1.3 does 120kmph at 2600-2700 rpm.
Old 2nd May 2016, 10:04   #92
BHPian

Hey there, I am very late to this thread but would love to give my 2 cents here.
Looks like you have already made up your mind for the 1.6 S-Cross.
But sit back and decide if you really need that extra power and want to spend 2 to 3 lakhs more for that?
I test drove i20 Active last weekend and it just blew my mind away in all aspects.
It was better than the 1.3 multi-jet, had awesome driveability in the city and punch on straight road stretches right from that 1500 rpm mark, and the best part was the 6th gear for highway cruising, switch to 6th gear at around 90 kmph and relax. It could easily fit 5 in it's spacious wide cabin too and the suspension being stiffer and longer than that of elite i20 kept the car high enough from road with 5 onboard. The only thing to compromise was a smaller boot as compared to compact SUVs and of course that of the S-Cross. So in case you settle down for the S-Cross 1.3 DDIS then do consider the i20 active for sure if 50 liters of difference in boot space does not bother you. It will save you a few grands and give immense driving pleasure in both city and highway drives. Yes it is a cross-over and not a compact SUV but again the S-Cross too is a premium cross-over as tagged by Maruti. they all mess up with your mind, don't they?
amiya.c is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
Yes it is a cross-over and not a compact SUV but again the S-Cross too is a premium cross-over as tagged by Maruti. they all mess up with your mind, don't they?
I am just guessing here that Active is just cosmetic job over Elite (which is the best hatch anyways) but S Cross is mechanically a cross over. I would go for S Cross if I am in market for crossover with ample space an Elite/Active if I want a hatchback.
sourabhzen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:00   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So in case you settle down for the S-Cross 1.3 DDIS then do consider the i20 active for sure if 50 liters of difference in boot space does not bother you. ----again the S-Cross too is a premium cross-over as tagged by Maruti.
Yes as you have stated S Cross is truly a Crossover while Hyundai's i20 Active is just a Hatch on 'stilts'! ( similar ones are Etios Cross, Polo Cross, etc.)

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd May 2016 at 12:03.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey there, I am very late to this thread but would love to give my 2 cents here.
But sit back and decide if you really need that extra power and want to spend 2 to 3 lakhs more for that?
I test drove i20 Active last weekend and it just blew my mind away in all aspects.
It was better than the 1.3 multi-jet, had awesome driveability in the city and punch on straight road stretches right from that 1500 rpm mark, and the best part was the 6th gear for highway cruising, switch to 6th gear at around 90 kmph and relax. It could easily fit 5 in it's spacious wide cabin too and the suspension being stiffer and longer than that of elite i20 kept the car high enough from road with 5 onboard. The only thing to compromise was a smaller boot as compared to compact SUVs and of course that of the S-Cross. So in case you settle down for the S-Cross 1.3 DDIS then do consider the i20 active for sure if 50 liters of difference in boot space does not bother you. It will save you a few grands and give immense driving pleasure in both city and highway drives. Yes it is a cross-over and not a compact SUV but again the S-Cross too is a premium cross-over as tagged by Maruti. they all mess up with your mind, don't they?
Test drive and buying any car is easy but owning a car is difficult.
There is a lot more that happens after buying a car, especially in terms of service.

Looks, size and features are subjective. To each his own.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:51   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Hey amiya.c, thanks for the response. Well i20 is a really good hatchback. I did not go the i20 route due to three reasons- sub-4m hatch, Lesser bootspace and Hyundai brand. I do not mean to offend anyone but I somehow don't have a lot of enthusiasm for Hyundai. I never found their drive to be pleasurable.

As for the 2 to 3 lakhs more, I have not decided yet between 1.3 and 1.6. Definitely decided about S-Cross though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
S Cross is mechanically a cross over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai's i20 Active is just a Hatch on 'stilts'! ( similar ones are Etios Cross, Polo Cross, etc.)
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Test drive and buying any car is easy but owning a car is difficult.
There is a lot more that happens after buying a car, especially in terms of service.

Looks, size and features are subjective. To each his own.
True That
jaunthead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:23   #97
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Hey amiya.c, thanks for the response. Well i20 is a really good hatchback. I did not go the i20 route due to three reasons- sub-4m hatch, Lesser bootspace and Hyundai brand. I do not mean to offend anyone but I somehow don't have a lot of enthusiasm for Hyundai. I never found their drive to be pleasurable.

As for the 2 to 3 lakhs more, I have not decided yet between 1.3 and 1.6. Definitely decided about S-Cross though.

+1

True That

My Dad has a Hyundai I20. The Elite uses the same 1.2 litre Petrol engine. Hopelessly underpowered.
The 1.4 Diesel on the other hand is very good, in comparison.

But frankly, if you ask me, just go and get the 1.6 Alpha S Cross. It will keep you smiling for a long time. No point going the 1.3 Way when the 1.6 is available!

Invest in happiness. Forget the wallet and the generic "compromise attitude". Go for Gold.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:12   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not decided yet between 1.3 and 1.6. Definitely decided about S-Cross though.

Here's a thread for more confusion

SudeepG has got a code6 remap done on his 1.3 and he's happy with the performance. Go though the thread.

Honestly, Delta 1.6 has a decent set of features. A few things like alloys, navigation and fog lamps can be added later. And it's not difficult to survive without Auto vipers, headlamps, engine start-stop and ACC.

Remember to check whether seat height is acceptable to you as the Delta doesn't have seat height adjuster.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:29   #99
BHPian

Quote:
I have not decided yet between 1.3 and 1.6. Definitely decided about S-Cross though.
I guess you will endup buying 1.6 for sure.

Initially I had booked Brezza even the car was allotted, later changed my booking to Scross 1.3 Alpha varient, but finally ended up finalizing 1.6 Alpha.

Do negotiate well, happy driving.

Pradeep
pdeep4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:37   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
I guess you will endup buying 1.6 for sure.

Initially I had booked Brezza even the car was allotted, later changed my booking to Scross 1.3 Alpha varient, but finally ended up finalizing 1.6 Alpha.

Do negotiate well, happy driving.

Pradeep
Same here buddy. I did not book brezza though(would have booked if I did not test drive S cross ) I drove all 3 cars and finally 1.6 S cross Alpha it is
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 08:27   #101
BHPian

If you are choosing between S Cross 1.3 and Brezza then it's a difficult decision. S cross is a superior car, but the looks of Brezza will always keep questioning your decision. If it's 1.6 there is no comparison, whatsoever. Be prepared to live with the question which everyone would ask "why S Cross". People don't appreciate what the car is capable off.
Dani7766 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:34   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Honestly, Delta 1.6 has a decent set of features. A few things like alloys, navigation and fog lamps can be added later. And it's not difficult to survive without Auto vipers, headlamps, engine start-stop and ACC.

Remember to check whether seat height is acceptable to you as the Delta doesn't have seat height adjuster.
Right about the set of features you mention. I bargained for the fog lamps when I got my delta and now removed the wheel caps. I think the car looks better than with those wheel caps.

Do not miss the engine start-stop and ACC would have been nice, but not that I can not live without them.

Goodluck with your hunt. I got a very good price of 11.3L on-road in Bangalore and 1.3 zeta was 50k more than this.

Girish
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:56   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Goodluck with your hunt. I got a very good price of 11.3L on-road in Bangalore and 1.3 zeta was 50k more than this.
Hi Girish, when did you buy your 1.6 Delta. Would you mind sharing which dealership offered you for 11.3L? I would be extremely inclined to get the Delta if I can get it for a similar price. Thanks.
Old 3rd May 2016, 19:11   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Girish, when did you buy your 1.6 Delta. Would you mind sharing which dealership offered you for 11.3L? I would be extremely inclined to get the Delta if I can get it for a similar price. Thanks.
I got it in Feb from Kalyani motors. It's a 2015 model, so the price.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 09:39   #105
BHPian

So Guys,

Having the read this thread over the last few days i was so tempted to take a test drive of the S Cross.

So Called the Nexa Store in Bombay and was promptly offered the test drive of the 1.3 Alpha.

The drive was brilliant, loved the feel of the interiors, the pickup, braking etc ... all the aspects mentioned in this thread. Won't go into it in detail.

The main thing that i wanted to update you all is that when i asked them about the 1.6, they were dissuading me saying that 1.3 is more than enough for your use and stuff like that. But the last point that they mentioned was what took me aback. Apparently the 1.6 is now only available in the Alpha variant. Even the price list that they had only had the 1.6 Alpha details on it. Wanted to inform you all as this may be quite an important aspect in your buying discussions.

Also, please let me know if this is something that this specific dealer is saying or is it all over?
DevSoms is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks